Author Topic: First Impressions  (Read 1903 times)

ashmasterc

• View Profile
First Impressions
on: June 27, 2017, 03:04:13 AM
I love the presentation of the game. It looks amazing for an alpha. UI layout is probably the only thing that I didn't catch on to too quickly, but I'm sure with time when I'm playing it after release I won't have a problem with learning it.

The intro was a little lacking. I didn't really understand the ability when I used it. I didn't understand that using my ability would actually moved my character into a 1st person only mode where I was aiming. Also since I was in cover when I did it, I didn't see that my character wasn't there to know that I moved from where I was. I died several times on the tutorial and found that the spawning system placed you in the exact same spot when you died only to die again. Its also at that point that I found out that my punches/kicks could fail for some reason. I think I missed the explanation for that as well.
Anyways, it's pretty frustrating when you can see your character hiding from enemies, but you have no control of moving until the cutscene ends giving you back control when they are turning the corner to look and shoot at you.