Author Topic: Partial rewards for failure.  (Read 3038 times)

ardentpurple

• View Profile
Partial rewards for failure.
on: October 06, 2017, 02:53:22 AM
First off, I do like this game! Great style and fun co-operative gameplay. My thought is this:

Everyone should always get SOMETHING for their time. I feel both Raiders and Antagonists should be rewarded with partial reward (gold/exp/etc.) but not drops or anything of that sort even if they do not succeed. Make it based on their progress/performance and people will feel more incentivized to play all modes and stick around to the end.

Thoughts?

alef321

• Fun is the priority
    • View Profile
Re: Partial rewards for failure.
Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 04:08:22 AM
yes.
this is a topic that won't ever stop until addressed
the reward system is frustrating .

gearedbeast

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 06, 2017, 06:10:04 PM
agreed. It's hard to play antagonist knowing that if mess up I get absolutely nothing but demotions. At least give me something for keeping them in mission for a long time. Or killing them a lot,

Quanrian

• Eat the game before it devours your life!
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 06, 2017, 10:22:15 PM
Well this game is full of rage quitters, boosters, and afkers. If you're an Antagonist this tends to work in your favor but if you're a Raider you might have to an entire section over if the host drops out. However, an Antagonist quitting out after joining guarantees you an easy win without having to do really anything except wait. All that aside, I can't imagine anyone 'likes' the current system and it's just a matter of how tolerable you are of it. Even if you like it, you're sure to be confused by it since I can't remember another game that worked like Raiders and I admit the first time a blueprint came up I honestly thought we 'all' got it because we did really good.

ardentpurple

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 04, 2017, 08:48:10 AM
I hope we can hear something from the devs about this soon! With the number of campaigns left to release I imagine they are willing to reevaluate some of this stuff.

Argentil

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: November 04, 2017, 03:06:58 PM
I think adding some daily rewards would soften the blow for losses. I made a post suggesting changes with some of these factors in mind. Overall, having a daily reward for antagonists to gain 2 stigmas once a day regardless of a win or loss would really temper the situation. Some character balancing is required across the board though, Lycus and Harec need a large buff, and Ginebra needs a flat nerf. I would also say that Konstantin and Kuzmann are straddling the line with their toolkits, making them a must-pick in some situations.

As far as raider rewards go, it makes sense to offer lower rewards for a loss, but I think the scale of rewards are a bit too drastic. If you can earn anywhere from 500 to 5 000 of a currency, it's a little bit too extreme. The rewards need to be averaged out a little more.

Right now, for max rewards you need to:
-Have an antagonist join your game (completely randomised)
-Win the game with a high score
-Hope for a Blueprint to drop, doubling your rewards (again, completely random)

And to make this randomness even worse, if you don't get an antagonist in your game, not only are you getting lower rewards right off the bat, but if you have high MMR, the game is infinitely harder. Most random players I play with, upon realising there's no antag, and seeing the difficulty, will either immediately call for a surrender on maps 2-4 of Alien Myths, or they just disconnect eventually.

BOILER 4K

• Dance music
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: November 04, 2017, 04:55:58 PM
maybe for tha antagonist i have one idea,
everytime you win or lose the match at the end you have the score point right?
ok now the antagonist lose the match the score is 2.4
you got 2 point,if you win and the score is 8.0
you got 8 antagonist point.
Sorry for my english,hope you all understand 🙂