Author Topic: A potential problem with individual rewards  (Read 18677 times)

gearedbeast

• View Profile
A potential problem with individual rewards
on: November 09, 2017, 01:35:58 AM
If rewards because individual people will probably play more selfishly. People who want the rewards based on personal performance have consider how you will get them: high kill number? Personal survival? Slept gain? Objective played?
Some of those will force selfish choices like getting the most kills when most missions don't even require killing to conplete the objective.
This is a team base game after all.  I want a better system but i don't if individual rewards is the way to go when playing mutliplayer.
Would like to hear other people fights on this.  I could be missing a lot of details

ShadowofDoubts

• View Profile
Re: A potential problem with individual rewards
Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 02:02:36 AM
Then how about rewards that are calculated based on everyone's performance pooled together and you can the amount shown without splitting it. Say your teams performance nets 5000 of each point and all of you choose gold as is the usual case. A system where each person would get 5000 instead of 1250 would seem to snuff out some problems. At least you feel like you got what you deserved. Of course, there can always be problems and some we must accept.
Thoughts?

gearedbeast

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 02:20:09 AM
Then how about rewards that are calculated based on everyone's performance pooled together and you can the amount shown without splitting it. Say your teams performance nets 5000 of each point and all of you choose gold as is the usual case. A system where each person would get 5000 instead of 1250 would seem to snuff out some problems. At least you feel like you got what you deserved. Of course, there can always be problems and some we must accept.
Thoughts?
That don't sound bad at all.  I like it! They probably make the amount snake but hopefully not. 
I assume this goes for character and faction points too?

BloodNekoKiux

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 09, 2017, 04:11:23 AM
Thoughts?
Though I do like the idea, I don't feel that it will solve the problem at hand. I don't think the way you currently receive rewards (with the new hot-fix in mind) is a problem, but rather the inconstant and radical cost of the in-game market and most of it use’s Gold. I wrote an article on the forms (which I do apologize for the length but wanted to give a good argument for my reasoning) about changing the values for the unlockables so that less people are splitting Gold and wanting Faction and Character points as well, without a massive change to the game’s code, design, and algorithm.

My article: https://www.mercurysteam.com/raiders-of-the-broken-planet/community/index.php?topic=950.0

ShadowofDoubts

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 09, 2017, 07:32:28 AM
I read your article and i see your points. How about we consolidate it where our points where the rewards follow my suggestion in how they are distributed and follow yours where there is mixed uses of all the points whether they be character, gold or faction. If you fix the distribution issues and mix the points earned for items i think we may be on a good path. Still, there may be unforeseen issues that I may be overlooking, so please tell me if I am missing anything, Also anything regarding antagonist is being purposely omitted seeing as it has been covered enough already.