Author Topic: Raiders of the Broken Game  (Read 4588 times)

JoJo

• View Profile
Raiders of the Broken Game
on: November 02, 2017, 01:21:27 AM
Your game has problems, I will outline them and give suggestions.

1. Difficulty: I have been playing your game since release and as I have increased in experience, so too has the games difficulty, to the point I only get matches that are 50-57% difficulty. This is insane, especially brutal if I am in a party of friends. You have created a system that punishes good players. It is not fun to be shot once by a grunt and die.
Solution : Give each map a Easy/Medium/Hard mode, or atleast have each map start at a standard difficulty, but increase slightly depending what the team members can handle. So if the team is doing good, throw in extra adds, maybe a small bonus to their HP, do not just increase their damage by 100% and leave it at that.

2. Rewards: Whoever programmed the calculation for rewards, is an idiot. I have not had any consistency with overall score and the reward outcome. I have been involved in games with a low difficulty/score, that have given 3x as much rewards as higher difficulty/score (same maps). I have even had situations where I got more rewards for a loss then a win. Sometimes if you are lucky enough to get a blueprint that too increases reward outcome(why). Also everyone should get a set amount of gold regardless what reward they pick. Gold is by far the most important reward.
Solution : Program consistency with rewards, Higher difficulty and Score, better rewards at all times. Also perhaps instead of a set blueprint, maybe offer a blueprint token, to buy the gun of your choice.

3. Antagonist : This is a big one, there is no real positive reason for playing antagonist, I see people rage quitting all the time, ruining games.
Solution : Allow antagonists to join games at any time, just pop into an active game and mess stuff up for Raiders, don't even notify Raiders they are their (will keep players on their toes). Also if a antagonist leaves or disconnect or rage quits, just let the game for the Raiders continue. If an Antagonist joins lower the difficulty of adds in real time, when they leave increase it.  If an antagonist wins they should get a reward of their choice. If an Antagonist wins multiple matches with certain heros, maybe award them an unlocked evil skin for that character.

I hope you take these suggestions to heart as I really do like this game.

Rukio

• Shae is bae
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
Re: Raiders of the Broken Game
Reply #1 on: November 02, 2017, 05:36:42 AM
This seems like an interesting, friendly discussion!

1. Difficulty:  You have created a system that punishes good players.
Hey I'd disagree on that point! The game has stayed consistently hard. The better you get at the game, the easier to becomes. I am aware that there are difficulty %s, it's all the same to me! However there comes a respect for the game where you can't run and gun. Some mobs have shotguns, it's not all assault rifles. Run at an AI with a shotgun, you win stupid prizes. The game has a cover system. Use it.

Each character has their own motive and way to be played. You can't expect to run around as a Shae and CQC everything with 60 hp. Some characters do better on certain maps. Example. Bringing Ginebra to fight Dr Kuzmann is a mistake as you only do your flat 70ish damage since you can't knock him back for example. Or bringing her to fight the guardian balls in the third mission on Alien Myths. Same thing! Hopefully you and your friends can better adapt to the roles each character brings.

2. Rewards: Whoever programmed the calculation for rewards, is an idiot. I have not had any consistency with overall score and the reward outcome.
Not sure if you've played enough matches then and paid attention. Each map you select has bars towards the bottom right of the screen showcasing how much of a currency you get regarding what mission you play. Playing a match on Hanging By a Thread without an Antag will almost certainly  give you the same amount or in the general ball park, depending on how well you did. I'll do some more testing for you later!

Instead of demanding gold with every roll and making it a useless roll, maybe a better solution would be allowing each resource available (Faction and Character) to have more meaning. Maybe to lock a skill in your character tree, have it require 25k Character pts instead of 25k gold. Add Faction and Character points to the requirement for building the weapon and lowering the gold required amount for balance.

3.Antagonist: Allow antagonists to join games at any time, just pop into an active game and mess stuff up for Raiders,
That doesn't sound like a bad idea, but what happens if I dc and am currently trying to reconnect? I've had times where for some reason the game will completely close on me and I have to wait for steam to reverify so I could get back into the game and THEN reconnect.

I disagree on lowering the difficulty when an Antag comes into play because at the end of the day. It's 4 players vs 1 and exploitable AI. Sure when you have 3 random players, a Kuzmann is OP. YOU know to break LOS with your teammates so you don't get zapped. But then NoobOwner69 sees you're in a good spot and runs over to you to join you in cover, he dies, you're wounded and the antag kills you with a melee. Players will get better. Or they will learn. Hopefully. I doubt it. I hate randoms most times but I digress.

I'm totally on board for certain Antag bonuses! Like you said, getting a certain amount of stigmas (would have to be a decent requirement) would give a dark/morphed or like you said, evil, skin that you get to buy using Gold and or Character Points and Faction Points. Maybe Stigmas become a currency and you have to use them? Rewards are important I get it. This is an ongoing topic that needs a lot of feedback on. :)

I'm totally down to keep chatting with you about how to make the game be in a better spot. Lets just keep our salt out of it so it doesn't scare away any Devs from looking in here.

Argentil

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 02, 2017, 01:16:37 PM
This seems like an interesting, friendly discussion!

1. Difficulty:  You have created a system that punishes good players.
Hey I'd disagree on that point! The game has stayed consistently hard. The better you get at the game, the easier to becomes. I am aware that there are difficulty %s, it's all the same to me! However there comes a respect for the game where you can't run and gun. Some mobs have shotguns, it's not all assault rifles. Run at an AI with a shotgun, you win stupid prizes. The game has a cover system. Use it.

I'm sorry, I'm going to have to call you out on this. Clearly you haven't reached 55+% difficulty, especially on a map like The Enemy Within where the game is unwinnable. Most enemies will one-shot anyone who isn't Fifth Council, they have knockback shotguns, and they spawn in hordes. This isn't a matter of gitting gud, or using cover. I've experienced this warped difficulty for over a month, and it bleeds into games with lower levels players as well. I get low level raiders disconnecting all the time because they can't handle the averaged 35% difficulty bump with me in the game - because it's not fun getting destroyed by a wave of grunts. As a high level player I'm used to it, but they aren't. I probably experience player disconnects about 60% of the time when I play prologue for this reason.

And yes, the reward system is broken, I've made multiple replies and a thread since directly after launch about this issue, but haven't received any word back. I am currently parsing my reward results in an excel spreadsheet, once i have a decent sample size of each map, I'll make a post. 

Rukio, before speaking with such condescension toward another player, you should really consider that perhaps you are the one who is inexperienced in this scenario. Your post was rude, and hilariously uninformed.

Eliakin

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 02, 2017, 03:29:51 PM
Argentil, sincerely I liked your ideas but unfortunately the developer since the closed beta of the game I do not listen to the players a single time, many players gave many good ideals before and after the release and the only thing we had was a patch to call more players rather than better for those who already bought and liked.

I bought the founder pack, and I regret not having asked for a refund, because until now there has been no improvement that made me play again.

Argentil

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 02, 2017, 04:04:43 PM
I know, man. Thanks for the vote of confidence. They have at least hired an English community rep, so I'll stay hopeful. I just hope they think it's worth implementing changes before the playerbase shrinks any further.

Edit: I would recommend commenting in threads that need high visibility to improve the odds of them being considered by the team though.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 04:09:56 PM by Argentil »

Rukio

• Shae is bae
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
Reply #5 on: November 02, 2017, 08:08:49 PM
Rukio, before speaking with such condescension toward another player, you should really consider that perhaps you are the one who is inexperienced in this scenario. Your post was rude, and hilariously uninformed.

I'd have to disagree on that part! I'll however do a better job at collecting information to provide to you that way you and myself can stop making assumptions to have a better discussion.

I do value your opinion however. :)