Author Topic: Suggestions  (Read 2404 times)

LoCash

• View Profile
Suggestions
on: June 06, 2018, 08:43:22 AM
The games PvE feels okay, but the PvP feels broken.

1) Perhaps you should balance characters accordingly based on firepower.  This seems prevalent in PvP (1v4) where at times I go against players who have some really broken weapons like the Tolchok.  If a player is underpowered, maybe they should get a match bonus to damage dealt or health, or just remove the level up buff system.  Really powerful weapons with push and/or AoE damage work in PvE but come off really broken when PvP comes around, especially since it's 4 against 1.

2) If you do stick to levels, maybe lock AI difficulty, it seems ridiculous that a level 100+ players are playing with level 1 players against normal AI.  if this does exist, my mistake, it doesn't seem obvious.  I think it needs to be adjusted.  Tiered challenge levels should also reward players accordingly with a higher payout, or rarer items/cards.

3) The game NEEDS better or more communication options, I've been in matches unable to explain what I need from other (namely new) players.  Maybe ditch the "ammo" quick button for a context-sensitive button that can trigger what you need if you hover over an objective, for example in "Double Agent" if you look at one of the nodes that spawn the explosive flowers you notify your team it needs an aleph charge deposited, if you look at the flowers and the player presses the button, it notifies the team to attack the flower.  In part, I maybe have seen one person use the "need ammo" button earnestly.  Or voice chat, I know there's concern for voice spamming but every online game I played has a mute button.  It's not a cross-platform thing, as I believe Fortnite has it.

4)PvP Antagonist almost always seems one-sided unless the antagonist has a really OP weapon or the team is full of new players who don't really know what's going on.  I was thinking maybe if a tiered level system is out of the question, why not make the antagonist boost the AI with the Aleph they collect. Or is it possible to add one optional additional antagonist?  if Antagonists are meant to have the odds stacked against them, maybe their rewards should be a little higher.  As of now I grudgingly play antagonist if I have to for certain weapons, it feels like it needs more appeal to it.

5) Can you open up the levels to newer players? It seems like everyone is playing "Hanging by a thread" and "mission of the week" way too much, I bought all your expansions but right now my patience is "hanging by a thread"  when the match wait time is over a minute (on quick play) and it's usually a 50/50 chance I play either of those missions (antagonist or raider).  players who paid for the level expansions could be compensated with in-game currency or skins or something.  The thing is, if I select a mission I hardly play my wait time is indefinite so I end up just exiting and playing something else or just enjoy the outside.  Alternatively, maybe an in-game hub where I can send tickets to new players, cause I sort of got my steam friends interested, but this doesn't seem enticing enough to tear my friends from their current games.

6)Piggybacking off of number 5 you should be concentrating maybe on new weapons and skins, hell, I could justify paying for new characters, but limited levels hamper the community.

7)Weapons drops (as is) sucks, I'm sorry.  There shouldn't be a 50/50 chance to dropping a weapon ON TOP OF the chance of however many people select it.  It should randomize between the weapons you list and frequency of which of those weapons drop should be based on rarity (which is how I think it works?). It seems a majority of the time I play Antagonist I haven't even received a weapon, which seems ridiculous as Antagonist mode seems to be way harder.

8)Rewards. cards could, or should be a reward for challenging levels as well as weapons, and I think you should give players a base (low) amount of credits (the earnable currency not the mercury coins or whatever you have) and faction points, some of that stuff is too steep. In conjunction with the other issues this game has, I can't even justify a grind let alone trying to cheat it by buying your mercury coins.

9)Lastly, I think the player speed could use some tweaking.  the light nimble characters could either use an overall slight boost in speed or perhaps get a slightly faster sprint.

XjabberwockieX

• View Profile
Re: Suggestions
Reply #1 on: June 06, 2018, 09:01:16 AM
Wow your wait time is about one minute?  ???

What platform do you use? I would kill to have matches pop that quickly..

Oh, and welcome  ;D
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 09:03:01 AM by XjabberwockieX »

PRYeti

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 07, 2018, 08:43:48 PM
I just started playing this game the other day, but I do have to agree with the antagonist system being kind of broken at the moment. I don't know if this changes later on, but early level it feels like I have no chances of winning. Between getting matched against players that are 2-3 times my level, getting spawn camped, having no time limit for some of these missions, and the fact that the Raiders can just hide and wait for their respawns to come back up, the Antagonist is almost guaranteed to lose. Which means you get no rewards out of it. I literally spent 51 minutes in the Hanging By A Thread mission. On the last phase, the Raiders simple stayed in spawn almost the entire time. There as nothing I could've done about it. Then, when I inevitably lost, even though I killed them almost 50 times and we spent 51 minutes in that match, I only got 2200 G. I could get more by splitting Raiders G rewards 4-way!  I really love the idea of the antagonist, but in reality, there is no reason to play it.

Anyways, since this is a suggestion post, here is mine. Have characters that are specific to their roles (Raiders/Antagonist). Characters like Schneider, Ginebra, and Dr. Kuzman, really have no place in being Raiders. And the reasons that are given for Ginebra and Kuzman feel like cop outs. I think it would make more sense to have these characters be Antagonist only, and that will allow them to be balanced as such. This would make it so that we could actually have Antagonist that are strong and fun to play.

Also, having a time limit for the Raiders to complete objectives wouldn't hurt. It would counter the spawn hiding that always happens in missions like Hanging By A Thread.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 09:01:43 PM by PRYeti »

LoCash

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 16, 2018, 12:02:47 AM
Wow your wait time is about one minute?  ???

What platform do you use? I would kill to have matches pop that quickly..

Oh, and welcome  ;D

On PC, I think this game is cross-platform though, it's also selecting quickplay (which selects all matches).  typically I end up playing the free to play matches.  When I end up selecting the level I actually want to play it could be 20 minutes or it could be not at all.