Author Topic: Antagonist Order Wheel  (Read 3374 times)

TheNobleWolf

• View Profile
Antagonist Order Wheel
on: November 21, 2018, 11:33:30 AM
So I just thought of a suggestion for the antagonist that i dont know if it was suggested in another discussion.

So when your a Raider you can use the order wheel to communicate to other players like "Follow me" and things like that but what if as an Antagonist that's changed to an order wheel for your units.

It would act in the same way as the Elite Commander unit where they would listen to your order. There's already 4 slots for that wheel as a Raider so they can just change it where it shows the Raiders names. It's already programmed into the game so I dont think it would take long to implement.

This can help the Antagonist where they distract one Raider with their soldiers while they deal with another or help their units take them down because sometimes I feel like the units dont do anything useful.

What does everyone think about this? Hope the developers see this and at least think about it.

khadecy

• View Profile
Re: Antagonist Order Wheel
Reply #1 on: November 21, 2018, 02:27:16 PM
i think its a great idea, one of the best ideas i've seen. beeing antag would be much more fun!

TheNobleWolf

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 21, 2018, 09:10:31 PM
Thanks man. I really want this game to succeed because it's so different from other games and I have a great time with it.

Placelord

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 21, 2018, 10:28:42 PM
In your ideal scenario would the orders apply to all units or just common units or elites? I would like to see your idea implemented but I worry that if you could sick all of the elites on one raider it'd be incredibly OP.

TheNobleWolf

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 21, 2018, 11:04:16 PM
I feel like both ways should be tested but the way that would work best is probably just common units.

It's like playing the level Weapons Of The Past where all the Wardogs pile up and it can get overwhelming where either you would die or be really distracted.

Maybe just like all common units and 1 elite unit would follow your orders.

Placelord

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: November 22, 2018, 12:06:16 AM
Yeah that sounds fun. I imagine perching with harek, surveying the battlefield from above while commanding units for maximum battlefield control.

TheNobleWolf

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: November 22, 2018, 12:20:51 AM
I thought of it when I was playing the Antagonist and I used the order wheel and was thinking how useless it was on this side lol. Then in that same match I saw the commanders ordering troops and it just hit me.

I really hope it becomes a feature cause sometimes the AI is really useless and I always thought if I had some control over them they would have more use.

The only thing balancing the 4v1 on the antagonist side is the grunts and bosses yet bosses are liabilties.

Ac3_f4ce

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: November 22, 2018, 12:28:58 AM
Sounds like a good idea but PVP is already balanced in their favor. Even if an Antag loses they have a better chance of getting better rewards than the raiders. 

As an Antagonist your job is to stop the raiders. You are not part of the faction they are fighting. You are actually a third party player.

Good suggestion, but the PVP need some serious balancing b4 they should even think of implementing that.

TheNobleWolf

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: November 22, 2018, 12:52:35 AM
Yeah the third party thing I was thinking they would get around that by making it whoever is under the orders would have a faint green color around their head to indicate Urais Behret is mind controlling them for thematic purposes.

PvP maybe I'm just bad lol but whenever the Raiders stick together I feel like it's impossible to win even with group destroyers like Kuzman's Lichtbogen.

Placelord

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: November 22, 2018, 01:36:38 AM
Yeah there really aren't many consistent ways that I know of to counter groups that don't stray.
On the other hand it does have the potential to break the game. It might work if using a command had a drawback. Like spiking your stress, or glowing like harek's eye.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 01:41:19 AM by Placelord »

TheNobleWolf

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: November 22, 2018, 01:48:44 AM
I would take those as valid drawbacks. Schneider gets instant stressed when he sends out his drone so that could work.