Author Topic: When a Bad Host Holds You Hostage...  (Read 2477 times)

Level9Drow

• View Profile
When a Bad Host Holds You Hostage...
on: June 24, 2018, 08:34:09 AM
...You should be able to leave the game without penalty. I get these horrid hosts sometimes with TERRIBLE internet and the rest of us are rubberbanding, firing blanks due to lag, and getting killed. We attempt a surrender and 50% of the team are morons who wish to torture the rest of us. So then we suicide (We'd die anyways due to lag) then the host precedes to stay alive during the survive timer and does this FOUR F***ING times even though we're constantly asking him to surrender and suicding to enemies. BUT, if I leave this horrible laggy game, that is doomed to failure, then I get penalized. There needs to be a means to leave bad hosts, or to vote for a host change. It's a massive waste of my time when they hold the team hostage like this and I take GREAT offense to it.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Re: When a Bad Host Holds You Hostage...
Reply #1 on: June 24, 2018, 09:51:56 AM
Agreed. This is one reason I am hesitant to play at all if I don't have a 4 man team. I understand why the penalty was added into the game, but the game needs to have a ping threshold to allow players to leave without penalty. Basically, if the ping meter is a red color, we should be able to get out without punishment. I believe it turns red at 300+ which is definitely when melee and projectiles become useless.