Author Topic: Mmr is this game biggest problem  (Read 8008 times)

Deathprize

• View Profile
Re: Mmr is this game biggest problem
Reply #15 on: August 27, 2018, 07:06:42 PM
I have played with him it didn't seem like he had cheats on as he did die. The guys he plays with can really rinse most of the levels.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #16 on: August 27, 2018, 07:34:21 PM
Completely agreed, but it's hard to find players to group and throw about 5 games. It doesn't take long at all, but many players don't understand it's value and the long term benefits. They either get too impatient and only want to do it a few times, or they don't think it's important enough. so instead you are left to wait through many games as a peaceful antag, but this rewards even lower since the recent patch and it takes a lot of time.

But you MUST lower MMR to about 40 to 45 percent before you take on that BP mission to ensure success and to also yield larger rewards. ESPECIALLY if 1 or 2 members are going to be gimping themselves with Treasure Hunter weapons. The mission will NEED to be easier because they will be doing very little damage.

But, isn't it strange that we have to do this in the first place? How silly the whole situation is, players purposely having to throw games to lower their MMR in order to achieve greater progress in the long run. There's an unofficial META to getting BP and rewards, you can' simply trust the system and play the game normally and that's sad.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 07:41:31 PM by Level9Drow »

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #17 on: August 27, 2018, 07:50:07 PM
Agreed. It's been bad for a long time now, but just gonna leave this here, a match from yesterday. Completely unwinnable.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhByq2OiLaM

In this case, I do not think the MMR was an issue. You just could not carry the team in the high MMR, 63, and no one could without collaboration and planning.
You guys did not know what you were doing.

However, I think MS should fix this MMR issue by giving more reward for high MMR players.

LOL. Gonna assume you don't know me or Hihsasuke. Hihsasuke, JosephHall, and I were all in party chat.

63% MMR is annoying but not that hard, I've been up in the high 70's at points before getting sick of it because of these exact issues. Did you not see how much health the wardogs had? How much damage they did? How much damage the tanks did? Joseph was using Dagan and reported it took 5 fully charged shots to kill 1 Wardog. I hit 3x 83 damage crits and a bunch of 20's on one Wardog and he out-shot me. Wardogs are the weakest single enemy in the game.

Low MMR antags are given massive boosts to their AI army. Low MMR raiders against a high MMR antag makes the AI have mush for brains, die in 1 hit, and spawn at a snails pace. There are 2 other threads in this forum demonstrating both situations, and I have videos of those as well.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 08:07:32 PM by LordDraco3 »

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #18 on: August 27, 2018, 07:59:18 PM
I feed the raiders aleph when this happened. On missions where the antag can actually help, like A Low Blow where you can destroy the barrier at the end for them or In Medias Res and Short fused I carry the object to the objective for them, since they can't attack the antag. That is IF the raiders don't catch on to my helping them and kill me instead. LOL, but they usually do.

Nemo

• View Profile
Reply #19 on: September 22, 2018, 12:57:06 AM
The guy who got beyond 80% difficulty? A lot of people are saying he was using an invincible Konstantin with no heat up on gun. I don't buy it for one second. That doesn't negate the issue at hand though. They seem to punish you for success in this game under the disguise of, "We want to keep the game challenging for you." excuse. but what it is really is a gating mechanic for grinding.

People are saying I was cheating? Didn't really think anyone would know who I was. Regardless, I've just been using Cooling and Closed System on Konstantin practically since the beginning.

I haven't noticed any overpowered AI enemies with the few Antagonist invasions I've experienced since the Spacelords update. However, I've noticed that the AI enemies seem a lot harder when I'm with a full squad.  That, as well as MMR imbalances between the Raider team and the Antagonist, might exacerbate the difficulty scaling further.

High MMR is still largely pointless, as there's no real increase in rewards in scale with the increased difficulty. The difficulty score only accounts for 1 point of the 10 point mission score, so it's a lot easier to score over a 9 at lower difficulties than it is at higher ones, and thus, get higher rewards.

Hopefully, this will be fixed with the whole, 'Guild competition' thing they're going for with the new roadmap. Hopefully...

Deathprize

• View Profile
Reply #20 on: September 22, 2018, 12:27:51 PM
 I think the difficulty overall has increased again the normal guys spawn quickly on lower difficulties and a lot more can be on the field now.

Tekato

• View Profile
Reply #21 on: September 22, 2018, 02:30:31 PM
It's pretty dumb this makes healing cards/weapons useless in high mmrs since your health just dissapears without a chance to recover.

pululon

• View Profile
Reply #22 on: September 22, 2018, 07:23:05 PM
I think the difficulty overall has increased again the normal guys spawn quickly on lower difficulties and a lot more can be on the field now.
Yeah, sometimes you blink and then 200 mobs hitting you, is insane XD