Author Topic: New bp system  (Read 20060 times)

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Re: New bp system
Reply #60 on: September 19, 2018, 09:24:09 PM
I feel so bad now for all the tilting I did. I'm such a selfish a hole now. i need to be more patient.

JestersShade

• View Profile
Reply #61 on: September 20, 2018, 09:40:37 AM
You could say that if MSE was communicating far more frequently but it's been a month since Spacelords was rebranded/released and we only get a  post when something has already been decided and seems ready to launch.

Again, to compare to Warframe and Digital Extremes: we get dev streams every 2 weeks, community streams every week, a lot of posts / answers on their forums ...

MSE needs to communicate more and not just to announce stuff, but just to show what they are working on and that they are listening.

LoganMaze

• View Profile
Reply #62 on: September 20, 2018, 03:45:28 PM
You could say that if MSE was communicating far more frequently but it's been a month since Spacelords was rebranded/released and we only get a  post when something has already been decided and seems ready to launch.

Again, to compare to Warframe and Digital Extremes: we get dev streams every 2 weeks, community streams every week, a lot of posts / answers on their forums ...

MSE needs to communicate more and not just to announce stuff, but just to show what they are working on and that they are listening.
i love warframe but you cant expect the same comunication level and update rates, i think warframe is like 2nd or 3rd place for most played free to play on steam, meanwhile spacelord got like 2000 (i actually dont know) players if you combine all platforms, stop comparing every game to warframe.

Skyline

• View Profile
Reply #63 on: September 20, 2018, 04:03:22 PM
Before Warframe [DE] make just One Game for Xbox360-Dark Sector,So they not have any adv. Vs MSE and build Their Empire from zero and major point of this, sure-Communication with community.
it isn't necessary to invent bicycles :D
Just need CM like [DE]Megan or Mobi from Trionworld-they just talk and smile and this so fucking enought for "eternal love" from community to their games :)

JestersShade

• View Profile
Reply #64 on: September 20, 2018, 04:37:54 PM

i love warframe but you cant expect the same comunication level and update rates, i think warframe is like 2nd or 3rd place for most played free to play on steam, meanwhile spacelord got like 2000 (i actually dont know) players if you combine all platforms, stop comparing every game to warframe.

Not true: I compare to Warframe because they precisely started very low, with a very small game.
They started their devstream at the end of closed alpha / beginning open beta and this kind of stuff.
They understood very early the importance of communicating with their players to build their game.
Look at what they did from the start and how they did it.

On Spacelords, so far, during the past month, we got small balancing updates and skins ...

So I compare what is comparable, precisely: 2 medium Dev studios, launching their games independantly, directly to players.
Warframe is now big and successful but can be used by other studios as an example.

So again, my comparison is and will be relevant.

Deathprize

• View Profile
Reply #65 on: September 20, 2018, 06:23:55 PM
Both Mercury Steam and Digital Extremes have been around for years. DE always used to do the unreal tournament with epic and did ports and multiplayer modes for games like Bioshock. Mercury Steam have worked on a few games in the past too. Such as Scrapland, Jericho and Castlevania.

So both have had experience.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #66 on: September 20, 2018, 06:48:37 PM
Agreed, just watch the Warframe documentary and read/watch the interviews with Enric and you can see that MSE is following DE's footsteps almost exactly:

Both started as work for hire game development. They made other people's games, and had to follow the restrictions of their publishers.... Unreal, Dark Sector was gutted, Castlevania and Metroid.

Then both went on to make their own game, completely independent of any publisher restrictions. Both are putting out very high quality products to be a completely independent ordeal, both games are indistinguishable from AAA titles in terms of looks and polish.
So while the games might be fundamentally different, the development are almost identical.

But calling them both "mid-size" is misleading. They are, but DE has literally twice the number of employees, and has since the start.

MSE_Hellath

• PR Manager
  • MercurySteam
    • View Profile
Reply #67 on: September 20, 2018, 06:56:56 PM
Hey all,

We understand where you are coming from. And you are right. We have been a little absent from here in the last few weeks, as we have been preparing the roadmap we have just shared with you.

We intend to be much more active here from now on. As I often say, we are  a small studio, and most of us need to double up working in different roles. Recently we have focused on the game itself, but we don't want to neglect our communication with you.

Thanks for your understanding. Let us know what you think of the upcoming changes!

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #68 on: September 20, 2018, 07:09:04 PM
Agreed, just watch the Warframe documentary and read/watch the interviews with Enric and you can see that MSE is following DE's footsteps almost exactly:

Both started as work for hire game development. They made other people's games, and had to follow the restrictions of their publishers.... Unreal, Dark Sector was gutted, Castlevania and Metroid.

Then both went on to make their own game, completely independent of any publisher restrictions. Both are putting out very high quality products to be a completely independent ordeal, both games are indistinguishable from AAA titles in terms of looks and polish.
So while the games might be fundamentally different, the development are almost identical.

But calling them both "mid-size" is misleading. They are, but DE has literally twice the number of employees, and has since the start.

If anything this is a good omen of what's to come. I'm shutting my mouth now, man. I don't want to demoralize the dev team by "being a Drow" LOL, I'm going to ride this through because I believe this is going to grow in a good direction.