Author Topic: Why we need Online Matchmaking and Offline Single Player to be separate Stories.  (Read 2048 times)

Broken Ancestor 939

• View Profile
Before you read this, no.  I don't hate the game or MercurySteam, but they should have thought of this.  If you're an employee of MercurySteam, then share this to the rest of the company.

I love Spacelords/RotBP, but i can't use Xbox live gold as often as everyone else.  Now this idea may sound crazy,  and it may not come true, but i want story progression and gameplay  in Online and Offline to be separate.  "But Anthony" i see you typing, "you can't make an entire company do what you request!"  And you're right, but together, we can make it happen.
So, let's start with the elephant in the room, the inability to play a mission offline without playing it online.  What were the UI developers thinking doing that?  At least the original version of the game allowed you to play the first real mission "Hanging By a Thread" offline, Now you need to play a mission online five times to play it offline. FIVE TIMES!! This feels like a downgrade here!  But seriously, not being allowed to play anything without an Xbox Live Gold Membership is wrong.  I played "Hanging By a Thread" all the time, and it never got boring for me, especially on the hardest difficulty "Insane" or "Very Hard" or whatever its called now.
Another issue was the lack of progression playing alone.  Now i know what they were doing here, but can we be able to play through the story without the immersion broken by players' voices every 5 to 10 seconds?  I think we should play through the Story Mode alone, and with its own unlock system offline.
Moving on, i think we need another thing, what was that? Oh yeah, SYSTEM LINK!  "Oh now you're going crazy Anthony!" NO, I'm not.  would you agree if we could have private matches and LAN parties?  The idea of CUSTOMIZEABLE PRIVATE MATCHES would be amazing!  Imagine a match with Moon Gravity, Alcia Only, and Instant Kill Shots being active,  that would be chaotic right?
Another element that i would love in a game like this is Single Player Bots.  And no, we already have enemies to shoot at.  I'm talking about AI controled Raiders/Antagonist that you can activate at Mission Select.  After all, Spacelords/RotBP is all about being able to take down hoards of nobodies with a team of epic mercenaries, right?  RIGHT?!
But this is getting too long, don't you think?
So what do you think about this idea?  Post your opinions in this... Well, post!  See you with more information soon!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 04:27:29 AM by Broken Ancestor 939 »

IRON1K

• View Profile
I like the idea because you're right not everyone has the best connection. I've went into several games trying to have high hopes, only to find the in the bottom right corner for the connection to be at 999. So I'm fully with this, and to add on with this for your thoughts do you it'll be cool if we had single side stories for characters. For EX: Lycus Quest " Where's my List!? " any thoughts?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 10:28:14 AM by IRON1K »

Broken Ancestor 939

• View Profile
I've updated my post just now, so read through it again to see the changes!