Author Topic: How to save your game from failing -101-  (Read 1803 times)

Forge

• View Profile
How to save your game from failing -101-
on: April 20, 2019, 02:06:43 AM
Things you need to fix in order to keep people playing and new people coming in:

- Awful que times
- Awful balance
- Lack cluster/repeating maps

How to fix those?

1. Make option to play with bots and without antagonist player:
This will solve the que time problem and lets people experience the story at their own pace without people skipping the dialogue and not having to wait for 5-30mins for game ask "You wanna play solo".

Give option to play solo with or without bots on the get-go and without being worried of being invaded by some OP lvl griefer (since your game rewards of being a higher lvl with increased stats).

2. Remove antagonist from normal ques:

This will allow people who wish to play with other players much more pleasant experience to play your game.
And for antagonist players?
Make a separate que that offers 2x rewards to all players (Raiders and antagonist) for choosing challenge up the mission with PvP.

3. Introduce more interesting maps and reduce the random enemy spawning:

Take a look of Warframe or any similiar "free to play looter shooter in space". Look at their map design and make something similiar. Don't make simple "Arena map" copies from each other, because that gets boring really quickly.

Right now the tutorial mission "adventure"  to save Lycus Dion is -only- mission that barely resembles any decent map.

Also don't make enemies spawn randomly from the ground, since that gets annoying really and eats away the gameplay experience. Make them come in with a drop ship or from the doorway, like you have in the adventure mission.

Also on the matter of map design, do you test your maps? And what I mean by this is "Do you actually play each map solo as each hero with each weapon equipped?"

I bet you don't test things, because 4th campaign's last mission, you can't even play through it with each character/weapon combo because the range of their weapon is not high enough to reach the boss.

Test your game, and bring more thought on to your maps.
This game has potential to be excellent game and I would love to see it grow, but right now, you don't seem to be that committed to evolve this game into better. I tried this game 6 months ago and still no improvement.

If these things would happen, I would be willing to spend actual money to this game. But at the current state of the game, no chance. Not worth my money.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Re: How to save your game from failing -101-
Reply #1 on: April 20, 2019, 03:03:20 AM
Falling on deaf ears man. MANY people have been saying a lot of what you have suggested, but they don't listen.