Author Topic: Please give us a practice area  (Read 4024 times)

glaucobacchi

• View Profile
Please give us a practice area
on: July 16, 2018, 01:29:33 PM
I need an area where I can practise using melee moves and also each characters special ability against bots.  The practice mode should start quickly and go on as long as I like. To practise the special abilities the bots should be off in the distance initially whereas to practise melee moves they could come at me singly or in pairs. No reward should be given for this mode.

Shadow

• View Profile
Re: Please give us a practice area
Reply #1 on: July 16, 2018, 02:49:10 PM
You can play mission in easy mode.

Power Penguin

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 16, 2018, 03:06:35 PM
You can play mission in easy mode.

Yeah but a controlled environment where you can practice at your own pace would be better.

XjabberwockieX

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 16, 2018, 05:22:39 PM
Easy mode single player is quite controlled. Its hard to die, you will learn the basic layout of the missions which is also very important , and its a good way to try out different weapons to see how useful they are against different enemies and bosses, it is the ultimate practice mode.  ;)

Power Penguin

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 16, 2018, 07:49:20 PM
Easy mode single player is quite controlled. Its hard to die, you will learn the basic layout of the missions which is also very important , and its a good way to try out different weapons to see how useful they are against different enemies and bosses, it is the ultimate practice mode.  ;)

Agree to disagree on that one.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: July 16, 2018, 10:41:48 PM
^Wrong thread, Drow?

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: July 16, 2018, 10:42:58 PM
Thanks, I'm not sure how that happened. Weird. I'll erase it. Thanks.

XjabberwockieX

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: July 17, 2018, 08:05:21 PM
So a white room with an elite standing still behind a counter with all your Raiders weapons laid out in front of you so you can take cover and line up your headshots on a stationary opponent? That won't help you get any better at this game. If you could be a little more descriptive about the controlled environment I might be able to understand where you are coming from a little better.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 08:07:46 PM by XjabberwockieX »

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: July 17, 2018, 08:23:15 PM
You know what I am finding hard to practice without a practice room? Getting punched while wielding the Smoking Daisy and then dropping shells and dodging back. I have to go into offline mode and bait elites to punch me, but they like to grab a lot, so it's hard to practice this maneuver.

Power Penguin

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: July 18, 2018, 02:18:51 AM
So a white room with an elite standing still behind a counter with all your Raiders weapons laid out in front of you so you can take cover and line up your headshots on a stationary opponent? That won't help you get any better at this game. If you could be a little more descriptive about the controlled environment I might be able to understand where you are coming from a little better.

Think about it like Warframe. You have an arena or room (maybe even have some control over the layout of the room) where you can spawn in (single or multiple) enemy types (war dog grunts, Hades commanders, etc..). Once spawned in the enemies can be set to passive (non moving targets that don't attack, basically shooting dummies) or hostile (aggressive, actually attack and have access to all their abilities). Since enemy responsiveness, damage and health are determined by MMR there should be some sort of interface that determines the effectiveness of the enemy AI. There should be an option to quickly switch between weapons (an added bonus is that you would be able to determine the forge rank of the weapon in the training room), cards and characters. Also have a way to add aleph to your character and the AI to test out effective counters against enemy abilities and how effective are cards when boosted. No timers, no objectives to worry about.

Good enough of an example ?

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: July 18, 2018, 02:45:01 AM
A Simulacrum is always useful ;)

Weapon and character stats are very common questions, it would be good to allow full access to the character roster, weapons, and card selection in something like this, so we can know if something works BEFORE we spend a bunch of gold or points on them. Also it's good to know at what MMR% difficulty things become obsolete. Like the Dagan stops 1-shotting Wardogs at a certain difficulty level, solo mode isn't gonna help you make such a determination.

XjabberwockieX

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: July 18, 2018, 04:00:30 AM

Think about it like Warframe. You have an arena or room (maybe even have some control over the layout of the room) where you can spawn in (single or multiple) enemy types (war dog grunts, Hades commanders, etc..). Once spawned in the enemies can be set to passive (non moving targets that don't attack, basically shooting dummies) or hostile (aggressive, actually attack and have access to all their abilities). Since enemy responsiveness, damage and health are determined by MMR there should be some sort of interface that determines the effectiveness of the enemy AI. There should be an option to quickly switch between weapons (an added bonus is that you would be able to determine the forge rank of the weapon in the training room), cards and characters. Also have a way to add aleph to your character and the AI to test out effective counters against enemy abilities and how effective are cards when boosted. No timers, no objectives to worry about.

Good enough of an example ?

Thankyou PowerPenguin it is indeed a good enough example. It does however sound like alot of work and seeing as how we cant even get weapon stats on the Raiders page I would'nt hold my breath on this happening. Still, it doesn't sound like a bad idea the way you described it.