Author Topic: Spawning problem  (Read 7332 times)

Felwulf, the calm

• View Profile
Spawning problem
on: May 01, 2018, 10:03:43 PM
I spawn and can't move just change cameras and my character still get hit and kill. Direct answer please, no polite company bullshit. This supose to be a hotfiz not make we wait for a F update. Step ip up, guys. STEP IT UP

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Re: Spawning problem
Reply #1 on: May 02, 2018, 01:28:20 AM
Dude.... chill.
Provide more info. Videos, screenshot, ping, etc. I have experienced that issue when I have hosts in Russia with 800-900 ping. It sucks but if your ping is to the moon, the game gets unplayable. And yeah, it sucks. This is not a constructive way to convey your issue, though.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: May 02, 2018, 02:00:35 AM
Try logging off and logging back in, then when it ask to to rejoin the current mission choose accept. This usually works for me.

Power Penguin

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: May 02, 2018, 02:28:46 AM
He isn't wrong though problems like this should be fixed ASAP.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: May 02, 2018, 02:35:07 AM
Well, it's an unavoidable consequence of having the game client-side with hosts.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: May 02, 2018, 02:42:31 AM

And yet, this isn't any way to report a problem. Have you ever worked tech support and had someone call just screaming about things not working and your job is to fix it, without giving any proper information, but they are sure to let you know how angry they are? I report problems as much as possible, but cursing about "bullshit" replies and "F-in updates" isn't gonna get anyone anywhere.

I have worked customer service tech jobs for years so this is not cool, the post just sounds like someone angry that we can't get a technician out to their house today and they have to wait till friday, so they yell and ask to talk to a manager :|

Also, this is relevant:
https://www.raidersofthebrokenplanet.com/community/index.php?topic=1431.0

Oxnardo

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: May 02, 2018, 03:27:29 AM
It's been happening to me too, the game today has been really buggy... apart from spawning and not being able to control my characters i just got into a match where I couldn't even pick the character I wanted cuz there were no characters display on screen (fortunately it randomly gave me doldren as antag), whats happening??

XjabberwockieX

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: May 02, 2018, 03:44:21 AM
Yesterday I was Doldren Antag on Destroyer of Worlds and it seemed like it took 8 to 10 seconds to materialize. I was getting killed before I had control of him as well. If this is that crazy ping atleast that explains it cause I didnt know what was going on.

Felwulf, the calm

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: May 03, 2018, 05:45:29 PM
Stop beign so polite and starting demanding things maybe things get better befor the game fails. You all are so polite and everything and I don't see nothing happening, no hotfixes or other things, I asked if I can get my money back based on poor matchmaking and inabiliy to play the game, no one answer. Now I just dont recommend we someone ask and I not alone, all my friends who dont know the game well just say: OOOOHhhhhh that broken game? I will not play it, theres better free to play.

You want to compete in gaming you have to compete, people will not get out of their way to understand and be chill.

PS: stop focusing on my bad choice in words and focus on the bad balance system that when I bring new players they get fucked by the shit mmr system and can't kill nothing. Nice way to go breaking your own game MS, nice way, we love and want to play the hell of your game with all of our friend, but u sill just a little Warframe game, the updates comes, we play and then we let go, the problem is that we only play for a 2 days and leave alone like those cartriges of "great" games that don't work well.

And f***** u all with love
Felwulf, the calm
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 05:48:02 PM by Felwulf, the calm »

Felwulf, the calm

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: May 03, 2018, 05:51:28 PM
Or your guys from MS can grow some ball give all money back, and get the game back to some kind open beta, then relaunch the game *cough* *cough* FF14 *cough*, but I know this will not happen...

Felwulf, the calm

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: May 03, 2018, 05:56:31 PM

And yet, this isn't any way to report a problem. Have you ever worked tech support and had someone call just screaming about things not working and your job is to fix it, without giving any proper information, but they are sure to let you know how angry they are? I report problems as much as possible, but cursing about "bullshit" replies and "F-in updates" isn't gonna get anyone anywhere.

I have worked customer service tech jobs for years so this is not cool, the post just sounds like someone angry that we can't get a technician out to their house today and they have to wait till friday, so they yell and ask to talk to a manager :|

Also, this is relevant:
https://www.raidersofthebrokenplanet.com/community/index.php?topic=1431.0

I f they take the game to BETA I will report will all sccreeshots and videos that u want, but I pay a full fledge price I want a full fledge game. ~OOOOHHHHHH my god, Felwulf. What you saying? We can ask for a game that works well after we payed?~
Yes, we can!

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: May 03, 2018, 10:58:48 PM
Stop beign so polite and starting demanding things

Then I demand that you cut the shit. The game is not perfect, but it is leaps and bounds better than it was when I first started playing, which was just months ago. They are working to fix the bugs and issues, and put out content, and deal with balancing.

All of these things take time and resources, and aren't just fixed with a snap of the fingers. MSE doesn't have an infinity gauntlet which is what you seem to be asking for. They also operate on a multi-platform level which extends development time. It's not like Warframe where they can quickly fix the PC issues then have time to extend that update to consoles, everything runs concurrently.

And before you keep accusing me of "white knighting" just look through my posts. Hell I only joined this forum in the first place because I DEEPLY disagreed with a dev's defense of the Ginebra slave skin pricing, it was my first post here. I appreciate what they do but will still call out problems. Regardless of an issue or bug though, they are still people and deserve to be spoken to like people, not your personal slaves. If you want to report a bug, do it in a productive way.

Saying "game is broken fuck you fix it" doesn't help tell them what the problem is so they can even troubleshoot it. Like I said, video and screenshots help, beyond that a detailed explanation and/or emailing them with your platform and player name with the description will get the most results. Like when we had a problem with 50 invite tickets just vanishing from people's accounts, I let them know this info and they were back in people's accounts next day, glitch was fixed within 48 hours. Someone else on the forum here had a ton of gold just vanish, they emailed and it was resolved quickly. I reported russian hackers, and email got fast responses.

Felwulf, the calm

• View Profile
Reply #12 on: May 03, 2018, 11:10:43 PM
Can you get off your high horse and understand that we paid for a FULL game??? Just undestand that and you will see. They said that was a BIG OVERHAUL, it's not like the game is on beta, or at least, the other beta games don't have so much broken mechanics! I not accusing you of "white knighting" you the one who came here to ditictade how I am suppose to say or expose the problems. Do your own thing and I will do my own, it's that simple man. As long this games sucks this much it has no value.
I worn down of dealing with fanboys and weak people. You play well, but thinks too small about how big this game can be. Look how much time the game already launched, for the sakes of christ on a cross. Now keep playing and beign the person that you are, I like you and you are something that I can't right now, but dont coming with verbosity trying to educate me, man. You are just another person.

Oh, and BTW you can't demand nothing to me, I'm not the one who spoiled you. Grow up.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #13 on: May 03, 2018, 11:18:11 PM
Felwulf the "calm". That's a bit of a misnomer.

I guess I'm historically no Buddha either. But I realized they were an indie company and not EA, Actablizzard, Bungie, etc... And so it takes more time. So express your concerns here and give feedback, but don't bring them down, they're artists and are trying to build an amazing digital piece of art.

So dial it down a bit. There are people who may even agree with you, just not your delivery.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 11:24:44 PM by Level9Drow »

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #14 on: May 04, 2018, 12:26:59 AM
Can you get off your high horse and understand that we paid for a FULL game???

We paid $10 per campaign, which so far amounts to $30 (for me). We pay per episode, not really a "full game." If you paid for founders or ultimate, this is still episodic and you still paid for the campaigns (with the full knowledge that all 4 are not out yet)+extra content. Just like some people may pay $0, $40, or $60 for Fortnight.

This is not "I paid $80 for all of Fallout 4 and I expect it to be bug free" (lolololol). They are pretty much following, step-for-step, the studio and development process of Warframe, going from "work for hire" to full in-studio development and publishing of their own ideas. Warframe didn't look that great either 6 months into the game's life, I see Raiders as following suit. The start is gonna be rough, but they will fix it. It's been less than a week since the J-Wheel update that appears to have caused your specific problem with spawning. It will be fixed.

I am jumping on your post because you are outright bullying people lately, when you had previously been a perfectly fine member of the community. It seems very sudden, but it's not OK. You said people need to be less polite and start demanding, so here it is, but you seem mad that I'm taking your advice?  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Like Drow said, you're not dealing with EA or Blizzard with buckets of money and employees, you're dealing with a small indie dev on the other side of the planet from you, and directing your frustration stemming from a technical problem towards the makers like they have personally offended you. Pretty sure I'm not the one that needs to 'grow up' in this situation, man.