Author Topic: Add random mission select for the antagonist back in  (Read 2353 times)

Deathprize

• View Profile
Add random mission select for the antagonist back in
on: September 15, 2018, 02:24:55 PM
So I understand you can choose so as to get the blueprints when playing as an antagonist.

However everybody only plays the levels which heavily favour the antagonist such as all the counsil levels and as fistful of sand. This makes it incredibly difficult for newer players to progress.

I haven't seen an antagonist outside of the mentioned levels for a while.

It's especially rubbish with a fistful of sand as the antagonist can just kill the protector about a minute after he spawns. So that definitely needs addressing now.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Re: Add random mission select for the antagonist back in
Reply #1 on: September 15, 2018, 11:46:37 PM
I much prefer the choice, so I never have to antag Enemy Within ever again.

xXGigglesXx

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 17, 2018, 08:27:37 AM
I don't play as Antag very often, but I like the choice. I agree that some of the levels are really hard with an antagonist; but if you have a good mix of characters, it's not impossible.

That being said, I don't like that some of the missions (ahem, upside-down) take forever with an antag. But that's the nature of the game.

Deathprize

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 17, 2018, 02:08:45 PM
The issue is a majority of people have the mentality that they must win every time no matter what or the game is broken. This time of player will only queue for levels like fistful of sand over and over again and will instantly kill the protector each time.

This is rubbish if you are on the receiving end especially if rewards are in play too. But if you are just starting what option do you have. If you need to finish that level to move onto the next and are unlucky enough to get 8 antagonist matches in a row against the same guy, which can and does happen. What do you do?

The same is true of every Counsil apocalypse level to a lesser degree. But with new players against an antagonist here he stops progress through an already grindy game as it is.

It just isn't fun for the four player team at all. I see way more disconnects on the raiders side at low levels than the antag. An example being I had four mentor matches and the same antagonist playing as Valeria invaded each one. Using the whip gun specifically on levels with choke points. Powered up this gun rinses the entire team before you can get close. If you don't have the right characters it's possible to get spawn locked. On every one of these matches the new players left and switched off the game. How is this good for getting people to stay around?

I understand antagonist can be fun and adds the end game when everything else gets stale. I really believe it should be separate, but bring back the league table they had in at the start but add raiders to it too. The top antagonist and team of the week then get a massive reward. The levels would be chosen an random each match for both sides too.

This would stop the noob stomping and disconnects that happen all the time now and add even more of an end game.

This game is difficult enough to get to grips with as it is without the added frustration of invasions when you first start. More players would be better for everyone.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 17, 2018, 06:01:28 PM
Or just make PvP optional. Choices are good.

Deathprize

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 17, 2018, 06:07:40 PM
Yeah I think it should be separate but have a league table for each side. A bit like the one right at the start.

You get rewards based on your position that would be a lot higher than just playing the missions.

Would free up the standard missions allowing quicker progress. You would then want to play the antagonist or against one for the rewards.

Would make it less frustrating and better for both sides.

LoganMaze

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: September 17, 2018, 09:48:28 PM
i dont mind loosing a game, i get frustrated when i got 250 gold out of 15-20 minutes.