Author Topic: is this how mercury plans to popularize this game?  (Read 6471 times)

derhaifisch234

• View Profile
Well since i've to wait between 10-15 min to get a raiders match (at least)and most of them i get 3 new players which are as useful as this game's ranking system, I'm just going to suicide at every match and try to lower my mmr% making new players rage at this cancerous behavior making them think twice to keep playing this game and lowering even more the game's players pool since thats the only way to lower the mmr, because the developers haven't fugured out to make it possible to lower your rank by losing on solo matches. I guess the good side of this is that the rewards you get from losing or winning matches are not that drastic to make you even care  8)

Power Penguin

• View Profile
Re: is this how mercury plans to popularize this game?
Reply #1 on: May 13, 2018, 04:34:25 AM
I really hope you're joking and not being a huge jerk.

derhaifisch234

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: May 13, 2018, 05:04:14 AM
so you expect players who have a mmr above the average to wait 10 min for a raiders match and 20 min for an antogonist? Ain't nobody got time for dat.  if you know a better way to lower your mmr let me know

Power Penguin

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: May 13, 2018, 06:03:13 AM
Find like minded people and coordinate to lower your mmr. Hell you can go to the discord and ask if anybody can help you. Don't ruin the game for the newbies dude.

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: May 13, 2018, 05:30:16 PM
You can also just play until you find the importunity to die.  With newbs there is always an organic way to lose.

Imperium

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: May 13, 2018, 08:36:11 PM
The fact players feel the need to lower their MMR via losing highlights an important problem.

OP is right to be annoyed at woefully long queue times.

I don't think ruining the experience for others is the best way, though, since you may chase away new players just by making the game even harder to win.

The whole MMR system needs looking at, because as it stands it can spiral way out of control and - yes - lead to some ridiculous wait times.

Doesn't help if you love the game when you can't get matches in frequently enough to make meaningful progress.

The "party" solution doesn't always work.

derhaifisch234

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: May 13, 2018, 11:22:53 PM
if the solution for this problem is start kissing asses and beg other people to join you to lower the mmr this game's doomed.
So everytime you hit 50 mmr we should start recruiting people to reduce it?
As i said before the perfect solution would be to let us lower it by losing on offline matches but since the developers don't care about how we drop that rank i'm going to keep spreading cancerous suicide emo behavior to be able to lower that thing
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 11:36:13 PM by derhaifisch234 »

Giomancer

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: May 14, 2018, 12:26:36 AM
if the solution for this problem is start kissing asses and beg other people to join you to lower the mmr this game's doomed.
As i said before the perfect solution would be to let us lower it by losing on offline matches but since the developers don't care about how we drop that rank i'm going to keep spreading cancerous suicide emo behavior to be able to lower that thing

So because there’s a problem, your solution is the game version of terroristic threats? Using violence for political gain is a shoddy way to go about asking for change. (violence being defined as ruining the game for others; political gain being to change the system to address what you percieve as a problem)

The “perfect” solution would be for you to queue as an antagonist and lose. Everyone wins in such a scenario: your MMR lowers, the raiders accomplish their mission. Certainly better than ruining everyone else’s day.

derhaifisch234

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: May 14, 2018, 12:56:11 AM
oh suuure im going to wait 20 to 30 min to find an antagonist match to lower a 60 mmr down to 40. knowing that each lost match only reduces 1%

Imperium

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: May 14, 2018, 01:05:19 AM

So because there’s a problem, your solution is the game version of terroristic threats? Using violence for political gain is a shoddy way to go about asking for change. (violence being defined as ruining the game for others; political gain being to change the system to address what you percieve as a problem)

The “perfect” solution would be for you to queue as an antagonist and lose. Everyone wins in such a scenario: your MMR lowers, the raiders accomplish their mission. Certainly better than ruining everyone else’s day.

Even as a metaphor that grossly over-exaggerates the issue lol.

He's not wrong that it can still take ages to find a game as antagonist. But yeah, this is a better "solution" to the situation than throwing team games.

This is a band-aid solution.

Imperium

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: May 14, 2018, 01:11:44 AM
You can also queue for antag game and just quit lol - it will auto lose the game.

Giomancer

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: May 14, 2018, 01:46:34 AM
Even as a metaphor that grossly over-exaggerates the issue lol.

He's not wrong that it can still take ages to find a game as antagonist. But yeah, this is a better "solution" to the situation than throwing team games.

This is a band-aid solution.

I’d say it’s an accurate analogy, though; threatening to ruin the experience of new players (the lifeblood of any game) with “cancerous” behavior essentially holds them hostage in exchange for his demands of a fix.

I seriously doubt the OP is the only one to have had an issue with queue times. I can even state with almost certainty that they are not alone in behaving in such an intentionally disruptive manner.

Posting about it (queue times) in the form of a threat to the community is not going to change the game. They don’t even care if change is or is not underway and they don’t care about steps that must be taken; they simply announced their intent to do harm until their demands are met.

Understand, the analogy isn’t about the issue, it’s about the OP’s behavior. If you’d like a more thourough analysis of the analogy, PM me. =)

That all said: yes, there is an issue, and yes, even my victimless solution is just a work around.

Droptehsock

• View Profile
Reply #12 on: May 14, 2018, 02:45:35 PM
If we had a big enough player base I'd say a casual and competetive queue could fix this. In casual after a win/loss streak the game could ask you if you want to move up/down to the next 10%mmr bracket. Competetive could have no bs armor stats and weapons would all have combat stats and a set amount of points that is the same for everyone.  Might needs to give the Antag a small armor/resistance buff in that mode as teamwork is a lot more likely. I've been thinking that if Antag got animation cancelling on successful strikes (upon landing a strike could cancel animation/cool down instantly towards any other target than previous. This would make 2+vs1's possible but would still get wrecked by coordinated squads. 

The the game does have a few steep inclines in difficulty and it be nice if they were smoothed out but we would need a good replacement/fix fo the current progression system. Perhaps every 35 levels/breaking into anot get 10% bracket/ score above 9 you get a free/heavily discount on next weapon built or perhaps every 10 levels you get 1% increase in blueprint drop rate. I'd prefer something tied to difficulty as that seem to be the biggest cause for certain  types of players to cheese/afk/throw games (and now that I'm above 60 mmr Id like to be able to use my 60 hp characters without needing a stacked team

Black_Adder_

• View Profile
Reply #13 on: May 14, 2018, 02:57:48 PM
OP is the reason why I try to keep MMR as high as possible - to avoid meeting people like this one. I still get a lot of games with 3 new people but at least I see cliff jumpers less at highr MMR. Also I think Mercury should give people like OP at least temporary bans.

derhaifisch234

• View Profile
Reply #14 on: May 14, 2018, 04:11:43 PM
so you rather spend +30 min trying to win on a raiders match with 3 idiots which have to be protected if there's an antagonist through the entire match and have the skills of a one handed person?
Either you're part of the developing team trying to dodge a week of work trying to fix this mess or a blind fanboy who should return to play fortnite.
 And by the way if you want me banned so bad there's this thing called raiders_support@mercurysteam.com. Go ahead and show them some tears and don't forget to add a sad violin song to make it believable
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 04:24:37 PM by derhaifisch234 »