Author Topic: what's the reason for placing respawn points in front of a cliff?  (Read 4649 times)

derhaifisch234

• View Profile
I've noticed this thing on many maps. you spawn 2 feet away from a cliff and facing it so if you're on a rush spamming the respawn button and running forward, that's an instant death. And I'm tired watching teammates wasting lives by this bad game design

Black_Adder_

• View Profile
1) there is no respawn button in game
2) there are no spawn points in front of a cliff in game

derhaifisch234

• View Profile
there's 1 at in shock right when you spawn at the start of the match, at the last part of fistul of sand  there's another one and I'll  tell you a third one when you give me a third reason

XjabberwockieX

• View Profile
As far as the starting spawn point of 'In Shock' goes.. Perhaps some of the raiders didnt want to live through the mission and were perhaps trying to get through the mission as quickly as possible with loot guns so that you still get rewards afterwards and that makes more sense to them then grinding through the stage for the 300th time for roughly the same amount of gold and faction points.....Or so I have heard, I've never fallen off that spawn point of "In Shock" repeatedly myself.   ::)

Power Penguin

• View Profile
Hanging by a Thread (first spawn), In Shock (first spawn), No Reservation (second spawn point) and Weapon from the Past (first spawn) do start you out looking over a precipice. And I've definitely seen some dummies run off because they are so eager to get back into the game that they don't look where they are going.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 06:28:41 AM by Power Penguin »

Quanrian

• Eat the game before it devours your life!
    • View Profile
Because Lemmings... Seriously though, I have accidentally run off a few times and it's unusual they wouldn't point you away from a drop off.

Power Penguin

• View Profile
Because Lemmings... Seriously though, I have accidentally run off a few times and it's unusual they wouldn't point you away from a drop off.

Yeah it really just is a spawn orientation problem.

Black_Adder_

• View Profile
Hanging by a Thread (first spawn), In Shock (first spawn), No Reservation (second spawn point) and Weapon from the Past (first spawn) do start you out looking over a precipice. And I've definitely seen some dummies run off because they are so eager to get back into the game that they don't look where they are going.
They are not falling off accidentally. They are throwing up games. This is one of reasons why I try to keep as high MMR as possible to avoid these kind of people because the lower your MMR the more you get to see them.
I just hope that Mercury have some system that automatically track down these fuks that do it and punish them.

Shoggoth_Poot

• Eat it Raw!
    • View Profile
They want you to appreciate the hard work they put into the landscape. No one's gonna take the time to stop and appreciate it in the middle of all that chaos unless they start you off looking out over all the broken beauty. I get it - and I, for one, do appreciate it. Good job, Mercury Steam. You're not just breast physics and ridiculous abs.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
They are not falling off accidentally. They are throwing up games. This is one of reasons why I try to keep as high MMR as possible to avoid these kind of people because the lower your MMR the more you get to see them.
I just hope that Mercury have some system that automatically track down these fuks that do it and punish them.

Well to be fair, even if there wasn't a cliff they would find one, or worse, feed. I don't think the issue if cliffs, the issue is forced PvP and a self adjusting difficulty. Both which should be options the players can choose.

XjabberwockieX

• View Profile

They wouldnt have players to play their game adder. Alot of players do it when they reach a certain mmr. High mmr is a waste of time and it does not lead to 'better rewards' it DOES make you wait alot longer to find games. You can find games faster in that 40-50 mmr range than the 60+ mmr range and alot of the best Rotbp players do this when their mmr gets too high from winning all the time. Hunting down all the 'fuks' and getting them off the game would leave a few dozen players and you all alone waiting for a match.  :-\