Author Topic: Indicator Lines on Short Fused  (Read 3798 times)

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Indicator Lines on Short Fused
on: April 26, 2018, 12:50:52 AM
I watch a lot of YouTube videos of RotBP and I noticed that new players playing online multiplayer on the Short Fused map, second phase, often don't realize that A) They can destroy the extractor, but most of all B) How many times they have to blow it up.

When they realize they have to get Aleph to charge it 5 times I notice they begin to do this in pieces without first destroying the extractor to buy time while they get a full stack of 5. I believe this is because they have no idea how many times they have to blow the extractor up because there is just one yellow line up top with no indication of how many times.

My suggestion would be to add lines between each extractor health segment on the extractor health bar at the top to indicate to players how many times they have to perform the action. This will give new players a sense of the scope of urgency and will get them to understand they need to build stacks and/or destroy the extractor.

Black_Adder_

• View Profile
Re: Indicator Lines on Short Fused
Reply #1 on: April 26, 2018, 10:38:58 AM
Extractor has 0/5 on top of it. If you add 1 aleph it changes to 1/5. New players notice that very fast (the good ones) and make conclusion that each extractor need 5 aleph for full charge.

Some people are just so retarded that they don't even notice the option to interact with objectives, they also don't hear Cortez telling them that headshotting elites wastes their aleph and so on - so I doubt it's possible to help them any more.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 26, 2018, 06:18:25 PM
Extractor has 0/5 on top of it. If you add 1 aleph it changes to 1/5. New players notice that very fast (the good ones) and make conclusion that each extractor need 5 aleph for full charge.

Some people are just so retarded that they don't even notice the option to interact with objectives, they also don't hear Cortez telling them that headshotting elites wastes their aleph and so on - so I doubt it's possible to help them any more.

No, not the extractor counter (the amount of Aleph it takes to blow up an extractor). What I'm talking about is the energy bar at the top that goes down as you blow up extractors. There is no indicator as to how many extractors you have to blow up. It makes a difference it you only have to blow up 2 extractors or 4. It changes how you play the game.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 07:10:18 PM by Level9Drow »

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 26, 2018, 09:23:15 PM
He wants 4 sectioned health bar at the top on normal. Or a 3 sectioned health bar with an antag. :D

Right?

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: April 26, 2018, 09:38:05 PM
He wants 4 sectioned health bar at the top on normal. Or a 3 sectioned health bar with an antag. :D

Right?

Well yes, but not for me. I know perfectly well how many times we have to blow it up and the urgency of the situation.

I mean for new players, I notice they're not really aware and think they have more time then they believe they have because they have no idea how many times they have to blow the extractor up. It's just a QoL improvement for new players.

Power Penguin

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: April 26, 2018, 11:14:05 PM
Any extra info the game can give about objectives the better.

Quanrian

• Eat the game before it devours your life!
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: April 27, 2018, 12:38:45 AM
I think this is extremely valid feedback and shouldn't be too hard to implement. It's very true that until you're a few deposits in you're guessing at how times you'll have to use the extractors. Might even be best if Cortez had some dialog lines like he does on the following mission to let you know how many you have left to go.