Author Topic: Hans' "Warm" gun question  (Read 3027 times)

XjabberwockieX

• View Profile
Hans' "Warm" gun question
on: April 20, 2018, 12:03:45 AM
So i have forge level 15 at the moment and i leveled it heavily with points to damage players/elites/bosses to max, and split the points between regular enemies and critical damage. Played a match and I gotta say the gun feels very underpowered. The "Mines" stick on a surface for all of 2.5 seconds, and were barely causing damage to the elites. I mean it took 3 direct hits to even kill a reg grunt. Is this weapon just not very useful? Am I using it wrong?

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Re: Hans' "Warm" gun question
Reply #1 on: April 20, 2018, 12:31:41 AM
Fact: Warm is currently the worst gun in the game.

It was always bad, but it has been nerfed in pretty much every update since it existed. Hades update cut its damage down to little more than a tickle (NOT included in the patch notes!), and added delay before it starts ticking damage. Also seems to struggle to land consistent hits now, I've had people shoot me behind walls pre-update, now if they do that I don't take any damage. I also tested it on Beholder tentacles in solo mode and struggled to deal consistent damage over time, it would just tic a couple of times per shot.

XjabberwockieX

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 20, 2018, 06:15:24 AM
Wow, well thanks for confirming my suspicions about it. I know some guns will be more powerful than others but this one really seemed weak. If the mines stuck around for 7 or 8 seconds and you could fire more than 3 at a time I could see some tactical use for it. While im talking about "mine" ttpe guns is Loaht's Bubblegum any good? Sounds interesting but so did Warm.

B30

• I stopped playing
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 20, 2018, 09:53:39 AM
Same here, the gun is terrible now, I mean 3-4 shots to kill a regular grunt, it's ridiculous now.

Black_Adder_

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: April 20, 2018, 10:33:46 AM
You just need to be very precise with WARM. It still can do insane amount of damage to stationary targets or in choke points where you can hit multiple enemies. I started using WARM after all the nerfs and it's my favourite gun for Hans. Also the dude has some very good cards that allow him to be a melee beast, so I ususally just go around punching mobs in face and shooting only the targets that I know I'll actually hit for instant massive damage.
Also the beholder tentacles are glitched (or I am, dunno which one). If you hit them as soon as they are deployed, you'll get "immune" notification but at the same time the system will most likely count them as destroyed. I have this to happen in Shae rescue mission almost every time. It's not 100% sure to happen but it does happen very often for me when using WARM.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: April 20, 2018, 11:16:49 AM
The number of stationary targets is so low, it's not worth neutering your ability to fight mobile foes. It does effectively no damage to enemies that can move (so, 99% of them), and the damage vs. a stationary target isn't phenomenal enough to bother with.

Even one major slow target, Kuzmann, barely takes any damage from it, and can only be held in place to nail him by using certain gimmicks like the glitched Overexposure card that will surely be fixed soon. He will still only take a few 10's worth of damage at most if he is walking around.

Black_Adder_

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: April 20, 2018, 11:34:01 AM
Well, WARM does massive damage to Aneska - you can just follow her constantly melting her and smashing mobs in face during the process. The first protector mission - can take down flying nodes in 5 seconds. The hades have at least 3 cards that make your character very good at melee, so you just need a gun that can deal with targets that can't be meleed.
About Kuzmann - he moves all the time and that's enough to miss him, but you can always just get very close to him and shoot directly in the face and you'll get massive crit. Just don't fly to your teammates afterwards.