Author Topic: Doldren Astral/Cpu Aware  (Read 7890 times)

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Re: Doldren Astral/Cpu Aware
Reply #15 on: April 13, 2018, 01:40:33 AM
I wish I could play a mook. :(

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #16 on: April 13, 2018, 04:37:25 AM
You can ;) ;)

XjabberwockieX

• View Profile
Reply #17 on: April 13, 2018, 08:08:39 AM
Thanks Brentwoody for checking it out. Lorddraco these are exactly my points, you explained them better than me actually. I just hope MSE can fix that issue so he is a bit more playable when you just want to mix it up a little and work on some other characters.

Black_Adder_

• View Profile
Reply #18 on: April 13, 2018, 09:28:32 AM
Yeah Doldren would still be in danger even if his mechanic worked as advertized and allowed him to grab-kill whatever elite he snuck up on. He can jump into action, but can't disengage very safely. Other aliens are long range, he is very very close range, like Lycus or Alicia but without the health, regen, or shield to keep him alive.

Currently he is useless in all PvE scenarios. I have really and truly tried to give him a chance using all of his weapons, and all I am is a liability to the team no matter how hard I try. So I equip his support cards in an effort to at least do a little bit of help.

If you want high melee damage, there's better characters for that. If you want high damage headshots, there's better characters for that. No matter what role you are trying to fill, there's better choices for what he can do. His current strength is only exploiting the natural deficiency in human reflexes and attention focus, and MSE has removed all of this weakness from enemy AI. I have appeared behind enemies that are literally busy with other things, like shooting at or dodging other raider's attacks, and they will counter whatever I do without fail. Since this update they seem to at least take a punch before reacting, but grabs don't work, and punching is still risky at high MMR because half the time I go for melee, the AI will hit back twice and then shoot, always resulting in a down...the mooks' counter-melee is faster than Raider melee, so they can counter you between strikes. They play by totally different rules which continues to be BS.
I already see players who deal with enemies as Doldren on high MMR with ease. It's all about right timing and knowing what you're doing. I by myself can't do that and actually use the gun instead of floating around but once I'll get the blueprints and high enough level to get right cards I'm sure I'll be able to make loadout that can even one shot kill any mob. So basically if you suck with Doldren then either get better or don't use him. I suck with him at the moment but I see plenty of people that easily use him on Short fused or that mission where you capture Schneider and they do just fine killing mobs and not dying themselves.