Author Topic: H.I.V.E. needs some buffs  (Read 3298 times)

reaperofsorrows7

• View Profile
H.I.V.E. needs some buffs
on: September 08, 2018, 05:15:33 AM
After playing lots of hive on lots of levels i have found her needing some help as she has a hard time doing damage and staying alive.So ill  make it short:
- Increase the range at which she can absorb vitality as the current distance even with the card leaves her dangerously exposed as she is very easy to down by just about anything.
- Since absorbing essence is her main source of damage and her guns do very little reliable damage on their own I propose increasing the damage while balancing the values with her range. Maybe the closer she is to the target the more she absorbs.
-I would love the ability to exit wounded state if hive has say 50% of her ability bar filled and she activates her ability, this would add much utility and boost the usefulness of her ability.
Honestly her ability would suit a 5th council member much better however, since she is in the wardog faction i think these buffs could really help her be better overall. I want to use her more, but man she is tough to use in most situations.

Dorito_2

• View Profile
Re: H.I.V.E. needs some buffs
Reply #1 on: September 08, 2018, 05:25:08 AM
I'd be fine with her getting a swarm buff as long as the numbers stay unchanged against other players. As it is she can easily burn out a human opponent in CQC if she doesn't immediately get killed. Honestly the main issue is the complete lack of ranged offensive capability once she has excess health; relying solely on melee against mooks is still dangerous since grabs don't give a damn how much health she has and at higher MMRs the enemies can put out a pretty obscene amount of firepower without reloading.

reaperofsorrows7

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 08, 2018, 05:41:03 AM
That thought came to mind. I just made the damage suggestion on the assumption that the absorption was to be the primary damage source. If we could get an increased absorption range at current damage value then i will be happy. It's just that her current kit cant support the range of engagement that she is designed for.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 08, 2018, 07:52:54 AM
Hive is one of my main characters for both raider and antag. I honestly don't see her as being underpowered in any way, though I was sad that they nerfed the Shy, which already shoots slow, to shoot even slower. If you feel she is weak, I amjust going to go out and say that you may not have played her enough yet, or used all of her weapons, as they are all vastly different styles of play and work better in different situations.

She is a close range killer. If she gets within swarm range, whatever is tagged is going to die in a couple of seconds. Extending this to mid-range could tip her into OP territory, since she is so powerful once something is infected. If you want ranged damage, raceme and shy will do it. If you want damage while overhealed, shy and wasp will do it. She's incredibly versatile depending on weapon and card choice, and what your goal and playstyle is. Not every combination works together, but she's the character that I find most troubling to ONLY have 4 card slots, because so many of her cards are good for different weapons and builds.

I do wish she had a card that allowed her to consume meter to revive from wounded. I feel like it should be: If the essence meter is full, it will be consumed when entering a wounded state to fully heal. With an aleph super boost, it can cause overheal. (alternative: with aleph super boost, consume any essense to heal that much from wounded).

Skyline

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 08, 2018, 02:42:53 PM
O_O
H.I.V.E. atm very strong character both in PVP and in PVE in same time bcs Shy+exploration.
And you think add her self recovery from wounded condition be ok...ofc this game and ballance never stay close but wtf guyz u want more,wana game become more broken? :)
Mb u want kuzmann horizon ,latent and standart ephimorphosis and all other healing sourse in game rise up from wound state as well?

Not understand :(

ADD:H.I.V.E. can't Deal only with Antag Harek(can but it not easy) ,but who can with dat retarded shit?
ALL other game situations(bosses ,obj,hords of regular ,elites,99% of antags) -easy with JUST ONE BUILD and bcs she not have any weakness anymore. HIVE is last character who need buffs...ofc mb next weapon -sniper pheremones rifle for deal with .... max long range targets.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 03:01:36 PM by Skyline »

reaperofsorrows7

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 08, 2018, 10:15:21 PM
I say what i do from personal experience. She was too easy to down and the swarm range made it too easy for enemies to just jump at me. When  i was fighting the hades division it took about five seconds to down an add with her swarm where as two shots wounded me. When i tried to hide behind corners the swarm didnt activate until the were about two to three steps away. I would just like a 1 meter increase in range just to give that extra time to do things. Or make the absorb more applicable to multiple targets because it feels like i cant have more than one character afflicted at a timne even though i know thats not true.
Any suggestions on cards and builds to help me overcome this? Still think a little extra range isnt asking for too much.

reaperofsorrows7

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: September 08, 2018, 10:19:01 PM
Plus she needs more attack options when in overheal as i have found only the wasp and melee as a feasible option of attack. If im missing anything some insight would be valuable.

Skyline

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: September 09, 2018, 06:27:30 AM
Shy+Explorers+latent epimorphosis solves everything :)

reaperofsorrows7

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: September 14, 2018, 05:24:23 AM
you are a godsend. your help was truly invaluable.