Author Topic: Can't find any games, good luck  (Read 5136 times)

GoldenGoji

• View Profile
Can't find any games, good luck
on: December 02, 2017, 06:12:24 AM
Day 2 of Fury of the Wardog and I still can't find any games. I've been searching for a game on mission 3 for over an hour and haven't found a single game. I paid $40 for the Xbox founders pack and through Mercurysteams fault I couldn't play Alien Myth for a week because they dropped the ball. Now I can't even play the second installment of the campaign because THERE'S NOBODY PLAYING.

So just to recap, Eternal Soldier update added more things to free players, including purchasing characters, unlocking cards and weapons, and even the possibility to play missions (I'm assuming with an absurd amount of credits). Wow, free players are getting a lot added! They can pretty much enjoy the full capabilities of the game, almost as much as those who paid for it! Wait, actually more. The people who did support MercurySteam by buying campaigns or the founder pack, have less matchmaking opportunities that free players do. I'm trying to play Wardogs Fury on the SECOND day it's out, where you're most likely to find other players for the same campaign, and I've searched for HOURS for a match. I had better luck yesterday with a still cringy 15 minute wait, but at least I found a match. I don't see players being able to matchmake through campaign as time goes on, and I'm almost at wits end to demand a refund because I can't play this game. Solo is a petty joke, and the business model compromises the game for those that paid for the game because YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO FIND A GAME. It's a beautiful and fun game when you do play, but I'll adamantly pass if I have to wait an hour to find a single lobby for a brand new campaign.

UPDATE: Finally gave in and played WF Mission 3 solo and this game is vapid and ultimately unenjoyable in solo. If there were bots to help you it might be slightly fun but that's besides the fact. Unless you know 3 people that also paid $40 to not play a game, good luck in matchmaking friends.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 06:48:25 AM by GoldenGoji »

ASTR0NAUTUMN

• View Profile
Re: Can't find any games, good luck
Reply #1 on: December 02, 2017, 02:43:44 PM
I feel the same way. I'm not feeling the solo gameplay, I'd rather group up with friends or have a static group to play and strategize with. It takes me forever to find a game, then someone quits midway or does nothing.

Not sure what console you are on, but if you are on XBOX, I'll group up with you.

Gamertag is: ASTRONAUTUMN
the 0 is a zero

Black_Adder_

• View Profile
Re: Can't find any games, good luck
Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 12:10:39 PM
I have the game on PS4 and play it with random people only. The longest wait time I've had is 15 min and I'm from country that most people haven't even heard about.
About solo mode - all missions can be done on easy with no effort at all.