Author Topic: is this how mercury plans to popularize this game?  (Read 6492 times)

Karrendaen

• View Profile
Re: is this how mercury plans to popularize this game?
Reply #15 on: May 14, 2018, 04:45:48 PM
You mean that people would prefer to play the game like if they were trying to achieve something even if it's hard instead of dropping everything and wait for things to get easier ?

It's unthinkable. People trying to compensate for other players' lack of skill/level/equipment would be crazy. Actually there should be a "surrender match" option at the character's selection screen so you can give up as soon as you see the level/pick of other players.

Sarcasm aside, yes people would still try to play even if it's hard or if the other players are useless. That's the point of almost every game : to triumph despite the adversity.

On the other side, I understand the main point (or what I supose is the main point) of OP : Sometimes you don't want to fight against the difficulty wall and it's annoying that the MMR does not only makes the game harder to play but even makes games harder to find. It seems like players are punished for being skilled/good/lucky ...

Raiders isn't really made like a game that you would sink hours into in a single game session (even if I'm sure some people are able to spend their whole day on it) but more like a "Come back from work and enjoy a couple of match" game. And the MMR kind of oppose this by making multiplayer queues too damn long and game too damn frustrating. To have MMR not affect the reward as much as before is already a first step in the good direction, now we have to think of what the new step should be and maybe propose something.