Author Topic: I Have A Major Problem!  (Read 6067 times)

Shokwaveloot

• View Profile
I Have A Major Problem!
on: April 20, 2018, 11:38:22 AM
Ok so let me start with i'm new to the game but realized it was fun but i found a few Major draw backs, in my opinion. Now you can just ignore me and i would hate to say it but i wouldn't see the game going much farther if my issue wasn't addressed so first off the fact you have to spend 22,000 to even unlock a mission is kinda crazy lets assume 2 people choose gold after winning a mission you would have to win 6+ missions or 4 if only you choose gold as a reward and to make it even worst you can only play the mission you unlock for 2 hours and 30 mins that's honestly crazy, I honestly feel once you unlock a mission it should be unlocked FOREVER other wise it would be a painful grind to literally PLAY  the game i never heard of grinding in a game to play more of the game. My second issue i cant see you changing since you all need money but the fact we are locked out of 3-4 campaigns with no way of unlocking them except paying real cash in my opinion is a bit greedy when you're promoting the game as free... this also means were locked out of 3 characters i mean at least allow us to unlock the campaigns for like 50-100 thousand. Now i'm not just going to sit here and act like you don't need money but i'm pretty sure you already have a way to buy gold and you can always sell cosmetics.  My interest in the game went far enough that i made an account just to leave my opinion and i only hopped on the game around 3 times and played a dozen or so match's each time but i cant see the game bringing me back for more than a 4th maybe 5th before i leave it behind cause i don't wanna grind for gold to maybe play a new mission maybe once or twice and not even get my gold back from that single mission. Ill add that maybe i'm wrong maybe the way your marketing the game is a smart way but the last time i took the time to comment in a forum to try and help a game stay alive they didn't listen and the game got shut down.

I wish you all the best of luck if you don't listen and if you do then ill be looking forward to playing more.

Power Penguin

• View Profile
Re: I Have A Major Problem!
Reply #1 on: April 20, 2018, 12:22:55 PM
Free to try not free to play man. If you want to play the other campaigns for free find somebody that has tickets or you know just buy a campaign and support the devs.

Karrendaen

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 20, 2018, 03:11:16 PM
As Power Penguin (I love that name ... Go go Power Penguin !) said. The game isn't free to play.

And well ... Characters are 50K (some are 60K but none less than 45K) gold to unlock, so a campaign would easily reach 400k gold with the current price of things ... I don't think there would be a point to unlock campaign with Gold if you need 100 hours (100 x 30 minutes missions with 2K gold per missin) to unlock 1 campaign.

gearedbeast

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 20, 2018, 03:38:17 PM
this is silly and completely unexpected. I was expecting a usual discussion on pretty much shit that's been said a 100 times but with a different point of view, not someone trying to get a free campaign.

there's a lot to criticize about this game but the price isn't one of them. You can try out the game for free with weekly (i think. I don't actually pay attention) free missions from the other campaigns and each campaign is only 10 dollars. I know money can be tight for some people but if you really feel like this is a game for you it wouldn't hurt throwing down $10.

P.S. there are the purple tickets that lets you play non-purchased missions through playing with other players

Warning: the game becomes a grind fest. 

Edit: WOULDN'T HURT
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 10:45:26 PM by gearedbeast »

XjabberwockieX

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: April 20, 2018, 06:59:21 PM
It is a grindfest, but since the update I just CANT stop playing. The struggle is real.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: April 20, 2018, 07:05:36 PM
It's free to try. If you like the game then you should buy it. $40 is what it costs for all campaigns, by today's standards, that is a fantastic price, especially for a game you like.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: April 20, 2018, 08:53:15 PM
Solution: Buy the campaigns.

I don't think the game is gonna fail because they are selling it. Like 99% of all other games out there, games are not free unless they are a full-on f2p, which this is not. It's not set up like one in any capacity, though you CAN play it free if you want to dedicate yourself to that. I have someone on my friends list who has pretty much everything he can get because he gets invites from everyone else's tickets. He was a decent player that made friends and is getting a ton of gold from it. If you want to dedicate to that, more power to ya, but I recommend paying your artists for their art. This game is definitely not built to sustain itself off of its cosmetics alone, and is not set up for a full-blown f2p economy.

You are pretty much asking for a free game that would have little incentive for you to pay money (since less people pay for cosmetics and earnable in-game gold than they do for actual content). I am pretty sure THAT would cause MS to close their doors faster than keeping the campaigns at the low price of $10 each.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 08:59:37 PM by LordDraco3 »

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: April 20, 2018, 09:07:02 PM
That was perfect, Draco.

Shokwaveloot

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: April 20, 2018, 09:50:37 PM
Honestly i expected a better argument than just buy the campaign and considering the game said FREE and i found it in the FREE section i assumed the majority of the game would be FREE not a grindfest to even play new missions and 80% of the content being locked behind actually paying and an excuse "get friends that bought the campaigns" is terrible so i'm suppose to go add strangers to play the game and rely on them to basically have fun playing the game. Now just like the last game that got shutdown people came in and made terrible opinions that "this is there way to make money" or "its to support the devs" that game was pretty damn good too but they locked content behind a paywall just like this game now i'm sure you guys are more invested than me you probably already wasted your money for content that should of probably had been free but a free game that doesn't have free content isn't free its paywalled and causes people to leave the only people who stay are people who are invested which causes a dead game that runs out of money. but from your comments that's probably what you want so ill finish with how many people do you think join a game that's marketed as F2P and actually spend money maybe 10% tops. What ever though my opinion obviously doesn't matter so good luck keeping the game alive.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: April 20, 2018, 10:11:49 PM
Eternal Soldier is free.
Download and play this ETERNAL SOLDIER STARTER CAMPAIGN: 2 challenging missions that you can play 4 vs 1 or solo. Choose Harec or 4 other Raiders and help them rescue the legendary Lycus Dion from the claws of the Hades Division, or switch sides and play as an Antagonist.
^What's misleading about their description of the free base game? You use the word "free" so much in your post, I don't think you understand what is being given away free at all. You have access to a vast majority of the game, for free.
The campaigns and additional missions are not, but they CAN still be played "for free" if you want to. So even that access is included in the free game.

i'm suppose to go add strangers to play the game and rely on them
It's just a suggestion. It is a co-op game, after all, so whether you make friends and play together or play with random people, you will be relying on them. You can play solo, but there's not much to do there.

people came in and made terrible opinions that "this is there way to make money"
I mean.... they made a product, and are selling it. Making games isn't a charity, they have to make money or the game will cease. Do you understand this concept?

you probably already wasted your money for content that should of probably had been free
I paid the devs for game content. I paid for a product and service, like I do all products or services. Just like I paid for Fallout 4, or Deus Ex, or anything else. Runescape is like the cornerstone of f2p gaming, and a vast majority of it is indeed "locked behind a paywall".

I'm not sure you understand that gaming content costs money to develop, and devs have to make that money somewhere...
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 10:23:16 PM by LordDraco3 »

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: April 20, 2018, 10:28:44 PM
Wow, remind me never to hire this guy for my finance department if I ever start up a Gaming Development studio, we will go bankrupt in a week.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: April 21, 2018, 12:18:43 AM
So we see that you want everything gameplay related to be free, but I don't see any suggestions on how the devs can make money off of this? Care to offer an alternative monetization option, aside from selling the game?

f2p games typically make their money through selling of cosmetics or fast unlocks, like Warframe does (this requires significantly more content than Raiders is designed for), super-powered items (pay 2 win), loot boxes (fuck those), or a premium membership to access more content (like Runescape.... or like Raiders campaigns :P ).
Raiders does sell premium currency of Mercury Points, like Warframe's plat, but it does not look like there are enough things to spend those on right now, and the skin prices are already an issue brought up by many. If they keep pumping out affordable skins, then awesome, but I get the feeling that skins do not sell enough to carry the game on those purchases alone.

Monetization is a tricky subject, but complaining that everything should be free without offering a viable alternative solution is not productive, buddy.

Shokwaveloot

• View Profile
Reply #12 on: April 21, 2018, 01:45:59 AM
Whats free about a campaign that you only get 2 missions and have to purchase each other one for 22,000 which would take 4-6 match to even earn back, Considering it takes 25-40 mins to even complete the mission with the chance of losing you wont even make your gold back. Theres dozens of other games that make money in different ways anywhere from cosmetics which make a LOT of money in some games or lootboxs which have a very bad name thanks to a certain game making them pay to win. But you know what you all seem pretty set on this game failing have fun waiting in a queue for hours because no body bought that campaign you did have fun having the community split cause 90% of the content is locked behind a paywall and having to purchase a mission over and over just to play it maybe 2-3 times and not get your money back. If you guys cant see the flaw in marketing this as FREE which it is marketed as then your blind they would of been better off putting a 40$ price tag on it but im sure since this marketing tactic seems greedy they would even ask for 60$ lol now im not gonna waste my time i wont be replying any more im just gonna laugh in the future when i hear the game got shutdown and sit there playing a real game and have a little chuckle and thing back at you guys who wasted your money, Goodbye.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #13 on: April 21, 2018, 02:03:37 AM
He already addressed your issue, dude. He even quoted them. They didn't advertise the WHOLE game as free. And you didn't answer his question.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #14 on: April 21, 2018, 03:05:37 AM
Pretty sure this was just a troll post, at this point. Never gave any suggestions, just wants free, and thinks that this advice is what keeps games afloat.