Author Topic: 10 weapon rolls and i did not win a single time  (Read 7561 times)

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Re: 10 weapon rolls and i did not win a single time
Reply #15 on: April 09, 2018, 07:52:31 PM
I agree with Black Adder... weapon upgrades and stats are nice, but not required.

I played 2 antag games last night. Played as Konstantin with a basic Lv0 Tsiklon, which is STILL glitched, and I beat a mixed level group (some higher, some lower) and was accused of cheating right after (LOL). Played as Hive with a Lv10 forged MM-6C (her default gun) and wrecked another mixed level team that included a Doldren 12 levels higher than me. It was their Lycus that killed me the most, and he was under my level. Skill, playstyle, and character choice can overcome raw stats. CQC will always be deadly for someone involved, grabs always kill, shooting someone into wounded state to finish them is also going to always be effective.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #16 on: April 09, 2018, 08:30:16 PM
The upgrades absolutely effect the outcome of missions.  The Level bonuses absolutely effect the outcome of missions.  BUT a good team can overcome those differences.  CC eats anyone in CQC.  Ayana is broken...Use her until the nerf, because she has an answer to EVERYONE.

This has been my experience as well. I currently am forced to use Iune a lot with Sigh because I cannot do enough damage to make a difference, and I cannot survive these antagonists, so I have to CC them when they're near my allies and heal. But this is lame, I can't play other raiders I guess. The game is broken right now with a system that allows higher level players to predate on lower level players, this is SO terrible. You almost can't solo queue because it becomes a liability to do so.

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #17 on: April 09, 2018, 09:23:17 PM
Yeah, but those stats DO make a difference. You can overcome them, sure, but it is harder to do so.  BUT, it also occurs to me that this is the visible stat, and if the number of minions on the map still decreases substantially and its you and two wardogs and you have stats that make it easier to kill raiders then this might be intentional balancing. 

Drow wouldn't know how lonely maps can be when you're going 4v1 with NO NPCS ON THE DAMN MAP FOR WHAT FEELS LIKE ETERNITY.  Hah. 

ZooL

• View Profile
Reply #18 on: April 10, 2018, 12:20:41 PM
another quick update:
yesterday was a good day in raiders. I played 5 matches won 4 times (one match was lost against an antagonist abusing the unbalanced characters, but that's another topic for another day) and got 3 weapons. I cannot build them because I had to spend all my gold on that level 23 raider (that's another issue: raiders are way to expensive, I cant believe they already halved the prices, but once again another issue for another time) but at least it felt like I was making progress. That's how the game should always feel. now I am 100% positive that if you would not compete for loot the game would be a much more enjoyable experience. might people burn through the content faster? maybe, but at least the would have a good time. I can only hope Mercurysteam realizes this at some point, but on the other hand I think it might be too late already. usually games don't get a third chance.

MonsieurSamson

• View Profile
Reply #19 on: April 11, 2018, 04:56:26 PM
recently I've started having a better time during reward screens...maybe it's because people are getting used to the progression system and stop rolling for a blueprint they don't really need, and go for gold or faction points in those cases ? Maybe I've been lucky ?