Author Topic: My Feedback & Thoughts  (Read 2500 times)

P3KK

• View Profile
My Feedback & Thoughts
on: April 16, 2018, 12:11:43 AM
So I've been playing this game for a little while now to suggest some improvements, which in my opinion will help to make the game enjoyable. Some of these things I've already seen floating around, and I may get a few things wrong or miss some things out so call me out if I do. Anyways let's start.

The Good
Campaign & Story
The story of the game is interesting from my perspective. The fact that humans are invading another planet and taking it over, is the complete opposite of what you would see in films or other media's (although there may be other games that do this, but there are none that I am familiar of). The way the story is told through the short, but interesting and funny cutscenes is high quality. The voice acting is good (at times), cutscenes are well animated and interesting, characters have their own personality which shows mainly in the cutscenes, but when you move in-game that is lost. Personally, I am looking forward the next campaign as I'd expect that it would be of the same quality.

Gameplay
The gameplay in Raiders is solid (for the most part) and has an interesting melee combat system which follows a rock-paper-scissors layout. Gunplay is alright and fun at times depending on the character your playing, weapons you're using and the situation you're in. For example, playing Dr. Kuzman on "Hanging by a thread" in the second part of the mission where the wardogs board the ship; eliminating the entire squadron of enemies feels nice using his electric rifle. The game itself is well optimized as I get around 60 - 75 fps in almost any situation, using a variety of medium to high settings, but I have noticed some dips and stuttering time to time but it's not a consistent problem. The graphics and visual effects help to compliment the game, with it being clear when an elite or antagonist is going to grapple you or who has aleph (aka elite or antagonist) who is a normal soldier and who is a scientist with different colors representing them. Damage numbers which show when you are doing normal damage, crits or hitting armor. However, the gameplay and combat are far from perfect and balanced, but I will talk about that later.

The Bad (more like suggestions)
All of these things will mainly be related to different aspects of the game and its gameplay

Antagonists
Play without Antagonist
I've played games with and without an antagonist, and I've enjoyed both sides. Playing with an antagonist in the game is fun when the match is balanced, but more often than not this would be rare (probably due to the low player base). We need the option to play without the antagonist and as much as I like the mix between PvE and PvP, I do think it should be completely separate or at least have the option to make it be so.

Level Requirements

There should be a level requirement to play as the antagonist (maybe 10 or something idk) as for the enjoyment of the raiders and the antagonist themselves a lvl 1 player shouldn't be the antagonist as most likely he will get crushed due to not know what to do.

Raiders
Increase difficulty
When you play without the antagonist and you have a good squad; everyone has upgraded weapons and know what they are doing, mission quickly becomes boring and too easy as we would know where enemies would spawn and wipe them out before they are trouble.
Suggestion: Maybe add a sort of mini-boss, increase spawn rate of enemies or spawns of elite soldiers.

Don't split rewards
Rewards, in my opinion, should not be split between players as it slows down progress and makes rewards feel inconsistent and underwhelming(almost rng whether you will get the full reward or not) Suggestion: There should be a baseline reward or rewards should be given out on your personal performance during the game

Areial Combat
This is more of a suggestion that and mainly works with Alica, having the option to slam down to the ground would be cool instead of just suddenly dropping down.

Cancelling
It's clear that the melee combat follows the rock-paper-scissor formula, but at the moment where two people play rock, it seems one person always has the bigger rock and destroys the other. At the moment where two people try to grapple each other, it should cancel out instead of one dominating the other. (maybe they bump their heads into each other or something)

Misc

Manual Controls
Basically, it would be cool if we could press a button to sprint or spawn camera angles, as at times it can be annoying to play with all of these things being automatic.

Majority Vote Skip
Simple one, the choice to skip or watch a cutscene should be decided by the majority not but who ever clicks the button first.

Don't Reset Mission Progress
I've had too many experiences where the host disconnects and the game finds a new host which for the most part is fine I don't have a problem with that, the problem is that when this happens any progress that you've made on a mission is rest which is extremely annoying

Suggestions
Possible PvE Gamemodes
Horde Mode: Inspired from the "A Low Blow" mission. Your goal is to fight your way up and endless tower or base completing objectives as you go further up. Difficulty and Rewards should increase the further up you go.
Defence: Hold a position for as long as you possibly can, maybe your defending a generator or aleph store.

More Supportive & Defensive Raiders
Too many raiders who shoot stuff

Other Stuff
Fast-Forward Rewards Screen
Text Chat
Extended FOV

Well if you managed to read it all then congrats, I probably made a lot of grammar mistakes but oh well you can sue my I guess

Question for the Dev's (if they read this) Are there plans to create Episode 2 for existing campaigns after the fourth campaign is released?

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Re: My Feedback & Thoughts
Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 01:28:24 AM
Raiders
Increase difficulty

Uhhhhh..... What's your MMR? Play anything over 60% and you'll change your tune. Play high 60's, or hit the 70's, and your suggestion will become the opposite. This game gets WAY too hard the more you win, and rewards do not scale appropriately for that added strain.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 01:32:11 AM
I do like the melee cancelling idea, at least with grapples. There have likely been thousands of instances where and enemy and I hit grapple at the same time, and they always win out due to perfect AI reflexes. A microsecond difference should not result in instant death...

P3KK

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 02:27:06 AM
Raiders
Increase difficulty

Uhhhhh..... What's your MMR? Play anything over 60% and you'll change your tune. Play high 60's, or hit the 70's, and your suggestion will become the opposite. This game gets WAY too hard the more you win, and rewards do not scale appropriately for that added strain.

Right now my MMR is 46, I didn't know that it was the case! thanks for letting me know
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 02:29:51 AM by P3KK »

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 06:49:28 AM
Raiders
Increase difficulty

Right now my MMR is 46, I didn't know that it was the case! thanks for letting me know

Yea, keep doing good and the game will eventually have it so minions can solo you. I'm NOT EXAGGERATING. This is truth.