Author Topic: Antag should be levelled to the highest Raider level in their party  (Read 2971 times)

Power Penguin

• View Profile
This would go both ways if the highest level is a 5 the Antag should be levelled to 5, if its 98 Antag should be levelled to 98.  Or dependant on the level difference the mission should be easier or harder for the Raiders.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 02:15:44 AM by Power Penguin »

Level9Drow

• View Profile
This would go both ways if the highest level is a 5 the Antag should be levelled to 5, if its 98 Antag should be levelled to 98.  Or dependant on the level difference the mission should be easier or harder for the Raiders.

YES!! A sort of auto-balancing for fairness, like what Destiny did. Can you imagine the games that will be had by low level raiders going against high level antags that do bonus damage due to Resistance, Brute Force and Defense? On top of that they will have weapons, RARE weapons, that do bonus damage to Raiders? LOL, this is sending lambs to the slaughter. How could anyone sign off on this? This is going to tilt so many raider.

I'm just going to surrender or feed if it happens to me. Won't even bother dignifying that horribly unfair match up with my effort.

Power Penguin

• View Profile
Weapon forge levels would also be nocked down to the appropriate forge level.

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Weapon forge levels I'm hesitant to agree with, since everyone gets that static damage decrease on bullets.  And even at 30% reduction, most of the guns will still off you.  Antag benefits greatly from that advantage.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
So I initially thought this would be fair, but it would be harmful to mixed teams. We do not always have equal levels to people within our team, in fact that rarely happens as the game life goes on. I have played as antagonist against mostly mixed teams lately, with some players lower than me, and others higher. I have also lost to weaker antagonists when it feels like the game just doesn't turn down the AI spawn *at all* but you also have an antagonist on top of the killer hordes.  So I'm not really keen on this idea from either perspective, the more I play with the current system.

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
The map settings are all skewed. Wardog missions all seem to favor raiders with their spawn rates.

Hades missions feels like it favors antagonist because you get flooded and have an antagonist.

It could have to do with 1 wardog minion equals .75 hades minions.
You HAVE to overwhelm with them or they're inconsequential.

I say this to say, the map difficulty disparity probably needs some looking at.  And, HOPEFULLY, there is a good middle ground on what characters can win the mission.  There should be some amount of struggle which can be overcome, rather than needing a dedicated person to play (Warm Hans) (Lightbogen Kuzmann) as examples.  If we take one of each faction...we should be able to win with it. 
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 10:14:13 PM by TheBrentWoody »