Author Topic: Thoughts from a new player!  (Read 2326 times)

Lancer_Seraph

• View Profile
Thoughts from a new player!
on: April 16, 2018, 10:22:49 AM
First let me say that this game is a pretty exciting project. It scratches an itch I didn’t know I had. I’ve even been taking the time to play even with the crazy matchmaking issues (which I’ve seen are already being worked on). Here are just a couple thoughts that might be helpful as a new fan. Maybe not, but here we go.

Show Me More, But Just Enough— More initial access to your universe would be cool. One level per quest line. Can even remove ability to view cutscenes from Unpurchased campaigns. Gameplay is awesome! Let that sell the campaigns. The gold payout/gift quest just doesn’t work when matchingmaking should fail or there is a fall in active players. Pretty expensive when there is nobody is even showing up to the party. Realistically you could open all of the levels up but only open the reward pools on purchased or free missions. That way you could even put reward pools on solo missions.

Solo Heroes Are Still Heroes— Speaking of, I think there should be (even a little?) more for solo playthroughs. I understand the press on the advantage to matchmaking. However, I did spend money to play through those missions to get those blueprints. It leaves me feeling like value has been removed.

Blueprints: A Series of Unfortunate Events—
Obtaining blueprints is definitely the largest hurdle in this game. Sure we don’t want a bunch overpowered players in the game, but I thought that’s why the progression system is there. I’ve seen posts about this around the forums so I know these feelings aren’t new, but I agree.

Let The Players Play— Would like to see a couple of modes added that build on your current formula that keep people playing.  For example, a mode where you play mission to mission in a chain, more missions you complete without loosing the better your reward pool. I realize that when doing something like that might put a damper on a limited number of total rewards, but it’s just an example...
Also maybe a tiny XP bonus for doing Quick Play over choosing a singular mission would be cool to keep players moving around maps to help players pushing for that “(maybe) one blueprint.

The Good Old Fashioned “Buy-In”—
I will admit I was intrigued by the Playable Raiders in the game. Can’t buy the one I want with anything until I bust the level requirement. I can’t even receive blueprints I may earn for that character I haven’t gotten to yet. Why? Why can’t I at least have the option to purchase around that. I apologize if I missed the option somewhere, but I at the risk of sounding silly I must implore this as a seemingly no loser situation.

TLDR: Super Game! Don’t lock up so the core game, but rather place/keep the ability to pay for more ways to play the game. Boosts (xp/loot), characters, skins, etc, should all be benefits to paying players, but anyone should be able to jump in and enjoy without restricting new players from jumping in with players trying out their newly purchased maps or even loyal free-players looking to grind up to that final character

These are just my initial thoughts. Feedback welcome.

puffy99

• View Profile
Re: Thoughts from a new player!
Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 03:23:04 AM
Good stuff- I think the weak link in this game is it's very confusing (needlessly) progression system A/R and restricting builds to ONLY A or R you are leveled at. There is really no reason for this. If they want more people to play as Antagonist then reward that but you don't need a seperate leveling/build/card system based on A/R. Blueprints are blueprints. XP is XP. They need to flesh out good vs bad trees if they want to under each character if they are trying create some sort of good vs bad human/raider mix. As it stands now it is just confusing and doesn't add ANY value to the game. Any major RPG game shows you how you should do the trees. Were they really trying to create 4 v 4 and ended up dropping that? That is the only reason i can see for the confusing offensive/good vs defensive/bad system.