Author Topic: One Player Failed to confirm Presence  (Read 4471 times)

XjabberwockieX

• View Profile
One Player Failed to confirm Presence
on: April 16, 2018, 01:42:15 AM
Can we make the ability to acknowledge the match more obvious for the IDIOTS who dont realize they are the reason a match is not starting so that everone can wait 5 more minutes to do it ALL OVER AGAIN.

Black_Adder_

• View Profile
Re: One Player Failed to confirm Presence
Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 12:32:37 PM
Nah. If somebody is searching contents of the fridge or taking a dump at the time then it's impossible to get them confirm their presence.

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 08:31:15 PM
There is also a LONGTIME lobby bug where it just doesn't pop for some people.

XjabberwockieX

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 08:56:51 PM
Wouldn't bother me so much if...                                                                           

A:  I had a full team already and not relying on matchmaking.

2. It didnt happen literally 50% of the time.

D: I didnt have OCD

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 09:13:33 PM
The game definitely attracts a specific type.

tonicmole

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: April 19, 2018, 03:33:20 AM
There is actually an easy fix for this. What I think is happening is someone wanders off while waiting on match making. The game requires no input to continue repeatedly teaming people up. The fix would be to require a player to confirm with a button press to continue match making once being kicked out for not confirming.

Black_Adder_

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: April 19, 2018, 09:59:15 AM
There is actually an easy fix for this. What I think is happening is someone wanders off while waiting on match making. The game requires no input to continue repeatedly teaming people up. The fix would be to require a player to confirm with a button press to continue match making once being kicked out for not confirming.
Dude... That's exactly what happens when you fail to confirm your presence. You get kicked out of matchmaking.

XjabberwockieX

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: April 19, 2018, 08:24:19 PM
I think it should go ATLEAST to character select process first before the match is cancelled for failure to confirm. Alot of people are probably stepping out for a second or grabbing a drink because they had been sitting there for 10 minutes and figured they had the time...Giving the extra 60 seconds or so could stop alot of that.  Raiders is a fun game but its still pretty niche', most people don't have a reliable squad to get around this issue consistently.

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: April 19, 2018, 11:13:22 PM
I think they just need a system that can replace disconnects. Let people load into a lobby to pick a character and then replace the dcs.