Author Topic: Single-Player Progression/Rewards  (Read 3197 times)

VenomMerc

• View Profile
Single-Player Progression/Rewards
on: April 13, 2018, 08:04:33 PM
I think the Multiplayer option is a lot of fun, and playing with more people and an Antagonist is a great way to develop one's skills. The rewards could use some work, but still worth it depending on how well we work together.

However, there are a lot of times where I just want to play Single-Player, enjoy the story, and not have to wait on players to respond/operate in an efficient manner. The only problem with Single-Player? No EXP/Level progression, and minimal/no rewards. Why offer a story with the chance to play with other characters, only to not let us play with the level based character unlocks? I understand that you give more rewards/EXP to incentivize Multiplayer, but what about those that get tired of Multiplayer, and waiting for Matchmaking?

Suggestion: Provide EXP progression and rewards but to a lesser degree than what one would receive playing Multiplayer, but don't make it so low that you have to "grind for a year" just to get to level 15 or so.

That's really my only major complaint with this game, other than that, I really love it and want to experience the story more! It just isn't really worth it if there are no real reasons to play it only to just get a few characters unlocked, that I may never want to use.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Re: Single-Player Progression/Rewards
Reply #1 on: April 14, 2018, 02:58:59 AM
I agree. Ever since this patch antagonists have been everywhere. I get headaches all the time playing this game. I just want to enjoy myself, but the system prevents that.

I would gladly play solo mode if it meant I could steadily and gradually gain rewards without having a horrible time doing so. I remember when games were about fun.

Ronyn

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 14, 2018, 05:57:31 PM
I would also like to be able to progress in single player.
Honestly, when I read that I could play the game single player I never would have guessed that meant NO PROGRESSION in single player. It feels kind of like a misrepresentation... I'm not saying it was anyone's intention to mislead me. Just that I feel like I thought it was an option to truly play this game single player if I wanted to, turns out it really isn't in the complete sense.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 14, 2018, 06:56:51 PM
Game's aren't what they used to be anymore. Everything has to be online with other people. Somethings it's other people that make an experience lame. Sometimes. There are times when I just want to rely on myself and not others, particularly when I get a bunch of lowbies who run around like chickens with their heads cut off and NEVER use their specials, and then we fail the mission.