Author Topic: Pros and cons from a beginner on Xbox One  (Read 1468 times)

JestersShade

• View Profile
Pros and cons from a beginner on Xbox One
on: September 25, 2017, 11:46:20 AM
Hi there.

A bit of context:
- I've been following this game since its announcement and really wanted to try it out.
- I love sci-fi co-op games (3000 hrs on Warframe) and thought this one would be like it.
- Free player for the moment (would love to buy the founders pack but definitely not in the current state)

** Pros:
- design
- really interesting lore and universe
- nice mechanics (shoot or combat)

** Cons:
- Needs a new game options : 4 co-op PvE (in addition to the existing Solo / 4v1 PvP)
--> and again, if no game can be found, I should be able to start a public one alone, or with just 1 other player or a full roster, not just wait until the 4 players lobby is full
- All game options should give the same rewards!
- Rewards should always be gold + points, and, maybe a blueprint (amounts would obviously depend on mission success)
- No reward should force you to play the antagonist!
- Every character can only be selected by one player, so you have to choose fast or play what's left (really nice to never be able to play the character you like...)

To detail a bit:
- currently, you're forced to play in 4v1 because solo doesn't reward anything after the first time, and only gives gold anyway.
But you can wait a really long time to play ... and end up in a game where raiders don't organize and lose after 10 minutes ...
I've quit the game a lot of times because I couldn't play and re-try later on ... to re-stop for same reason.

If I could play solo (and get rewards!), I would have done it instead of waiting for nothing on the matchmaking screen.
(maybe even have the possibility to play solo while looking for online game and be able to go in a public game and come back in solo mission after it ?)
- If players don't like PvP ... they're forced to play it anyway.

Personnaly, I will keep an eye on this game for a bit to see how the dev reacts but without a solo / 4 players PvE with same rewards, I won't buy the game, which is sad.

Thanks for reading.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 03:15:36 PM by JestersShade »