Author Topic: Bloody Mary is Usable. Barely.  (Read 3691 times)

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Bloody Mary is Usable. Barely.
on: February 20, 2018, 09:34:43 PM
So the Scale and Location which you shoot is the deciding factor.  Remove one or the other. The location method will reward people with good aim, and the scale will reward people who can be patient.  Pick your favorite and lean in.  Waiting for both to align in a hairy situation is too complex to be usable, considering even at max damage it does less than half of his starting pistol. 

The headshot only requirement is what I would prefer, but I could see the scale being good too.  (Defaulting to 50% on a miss.)  I like it being unique and all, but it needs to feel good not clunky for people who grind it out. 

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Re: Bloody Mary is Usable. Barely.
Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 09:36:21 PM
I would say leave it as is if you increase the fire rate to match with how fast you can fire the Focus. As is, with the delay as long between shots its not worth taking.

Maybe increase the max damage and lower the clip, the whole appeal of the hand cannon is the stopping power and it can't even one shot a wardog npc. Heh.

Quanrian

• Eat the game before it devours your life!
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 02:48:47 AM
This is extremely discouraging... but how many rounds does it get and what is the high and low end of damage?

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 22, 2018, 07:52:06 PM
Most I've done with a shot 102?  Least?  2 (Foot shot, lowest end of the sliding scale)  It holds 15 rounds with about a .5ish second delay between shots (Same as initial gun-ish kickback wise). It feels like a very slow trigger pull semi automatic weapon, but the delay between shots makes it clumsy at best, and really bad against any more than one enemy.  It would probably be okay as antagonist, but it is horrible at the actual game.

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 22, 2018, 07:54:30 PM
So it'll do about the same damage as Harec's new Rifle (Wewt) per headshot, but it fires significantly slower and holds about twice as many bullets. (IMO they should swap these two things, the rifle could handle the longer delay because of relative safety of distance, and the Bloody Mary would drastically benefit from the fire rate.)