Author Topic: Rewards Suggestion: Performance Based Rewards  (Read 10816 times)

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Re: Rewards Suggestion: Performance Based Rewards
Reply #15 on: January 24, 2018, 07:10:59 AM
still keep the wheel it adds a competitive edge.

Noooooooooo.... the blueprint coin flip is literally the worst mechanic in this, or any other game, that I have ever played in my life. I nearly deleted the game for good after losing one of those as my *very first* mission reward ever. It showed me that you can spend 20-30 minutes playing and winning to get ZERO rewards. I have also lost 90% of them that I have to compete for, and it just makes people hate their team mates.

Don't see how it adds "competition" to vie for a blueprint vs. nothing on a reward screen that is picked completely randomly with no player input or possibility of pushing the odds in your favor.

Only time I saw Smoking Daisy appear was in a game of all Lv0's and everyone jumped on it. Nice to play that mission 100 times, see the BP you want, and lose it to someone that's played the mission once. Tooootally competitive  ???

Quanrian

• Eat the game before it devours your life!
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: January 25, 2018, 05:35:01 AM
Since people are complaining about X amount of time not equaling a reward it might just be easier to implement a time versus reward system. Ergo, you play for x amount of hours and get a specific reward. However, this will mean there are no shortcuts and you will 'have' to play for longer periods of time to reach the arguably better rewards. This is why in part such systems are vanishing. No one really wants to earn anything anymore as it's shifted heavy to instant gratification. This is all cloaked behind randomness to prevent the whole system from collapsing in on itself once people inevitably run out of things to get that are shiny and new! Give me my shiny! I need my shiny right now! In closing, this is why people don't like raccoons even though they have jazz hands!

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #17 on: January 25, 2018, 09:53:04 AM
Since people are complaining about X amount of time not equaling a reward
 No one really wants to earn anything anymore as it's shifted heavy to instant gratification.
collapsing in on itself once people inevitably run out of things to get that are shiny and new!

Yeah that's not the point anyone is making.
There is still a time vs. reward factor to be considered with the idea of respecting a player's time. It currently requires over 100 hours of play to farm enough gold to get the current roster of characters unlocked. In a game like this one, that's insane. I think I said in another thread, Overwatch grants the use of every single character even as they add new ones, and I don't see that game collapsing in on itself aaaaanytime soon.

I said it would take over 100 hours to farm that gold, which is only if that was all I earned at the average rate I estimated of 2k gold per 15 minute match (hard to estimate when some games can take 30+ minutes and give less gold, and losses). That means no character cards, faction cards, weapons or lore.

This is literally the same back-and-forth discussion surrounding Battlefront II, as soon as people realized it would take 60 hours of focus-farming, and earning NOTHING ELSE BUT GOLD, just to unlock 1 character. Then they would have to hyper-focus on gold to get another character,gaining no exp or rewards towards anything else. Literally. Exactly. The. Problem. That. Raiders. Has. Right. Now.

Also I love raccoons.

Quanrian

• Eat the game before it devours your life!
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: January 27, 2018, 05:27:11 AM
There were some raccoons here but they left quite suddenly when we kept discussing skins... no idea why... Could be because they found that stash of shiny things we were hiding from... oh no I've already said to much...