Author Topic: Rewards Suggestion: Performance Based Rewards  (Read 10812 times)

omeganx

• View Profile
Rewards Suggestion: Performance Based Rewards
on: December 17, 2017, 08:02:58 AM
I'm not 100% but based on the stats after each mission, it seems that I get a rating but I don't receive a reward for my personal performance.  IMO I think everyone should receive their personal amount of character/faction/Gold for their performance and then we get the choice option. To me, I find it odd that the one who may carry the team, could end up without anything(wants a blueprints but so does the other guy) or a little of whatever he wants(everyone picks the same reward). I dunno, thoughts?

Dr.D

• View Profile
Re: Rewards Suggestion: Performance Based Rewards
Reply #1 on: December 19, 2017, 02:16:06 PM
I like the idea because i meet a "problem" 3 times now.
I fight very well with 2 players against one of the top ranked antagonist and we gonna win the story, but for some reason the player who was the host and didn't do anything (almost the only things he's do is die again and again to try to run on the antagonist) he leave the match.
So restart of the last wave (so annoying when you do it good and the antagonist do many mistake).
So i become the host but 3 players against a sniper who's shoot the protector then this time the antagonist was more concentrate to the protector and no more the "suicide" guy.
After a moment the "suicide" guy, who's was the host relog into the match and we lost 3 seconds after he come.
So by luck we have a blueprints i didn't know why but who's get it, yes the "suicide" guy.
Annoying...

Black_Adder_

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: December 19, 2017, 03:01:19 PM
What if the "Suicide guy" actually was the only one in your team who did the mission objectives and died all the time just because the rest of team kept randomly shooting infinitely respawning mobs without any actual contribution to the mission progress?
It is rather impossible to evaluate someones performance in the game where mission goals aren't exactly just "go from point A to point B, kill everything that moves in the process and the dude with best kdr is the king". This actually is one of those rare games where team play matters and the outcome of the mission can't be decided by just one player.
I just can't imagine any kind of algorithm on how to evaluate single player performance in RotBP.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 03:03:44 PM by Black_Adder_ »

gearedbeast

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: December 19, 2017, 03:09:46 PM
What if the "Suicide guy" actually was the only one in your team who did the mission objectives and died all the time just because the rest of team kept randomly shooting infinitely respawning mobs without any actual contribution to the mission progress?
It is rather impossible to evaluate someones performance in the game where mission goals aren't exactly just "go from point A to point B, kill everything that moves in the process and the dude with best kdr is the king". This actually is one of those rare games where team play matters and the outcome of the mission can't be decided by just one player.
I just can't imagine any kind of algorithm on how to evaluate single player performance in RotBP.
I agree with you up till the suicide tactic. I do believe the whole "carrying the team" doesn't apply to this game because most objectives has nothing to do with k/d ratios, but if someone is kamikazing most of the match and even logs out they are not helping the team.
the game does need to take away the team pool reward system though. Having 3/4 people going after the same reward (gold/blue print) isn't rewarding.

PersonMcHuman

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: December 19, 2017, 05:43:21 PM
I am fully on board with players who do more, getting more, and players who do less (or drag the team down) getting less. Just played a round of In Shock that took over twenty minutes, and we had 31 deaths...at least twenty of those deaths being from the guy playing Hans. He would literally just jetpack into the middle of the fray and start shooting, and then complain when we didn't somehow magically save him from the horde he jumped into. Followed by him getting electrocuted and then flying all over the place, sharing the shock with the rest of the team. Of my three deaths, two were because of that. He then got his full share of gold, despite his lack of help in actually completing the mission.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 05:47:31 PM by PersonMcHuman »

Dr.D

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: December 19, 2017, 06:35:07 PM
So for you the objectives is only to kill antagonist ? (i didn't say the 2 others players and myself was concentrate only to shoot at npc, i kill the antagonist 8 times and the 2 others kill him too, many times compared to the suicide guy, who's kill it only 2 times, but i'm here for say who's have the big one, only if he not leave, we win, but just because he was the host, when we migrate we have to restart all the wave at only 3, so maybe the antagonist was too much concentrate on kill him easily, for boost he's score too, and yes it's help hus to kill the antagonist with traps and anbush, but after he understand owr tactical when he have the possibility to restart he was more "good" for anbush him and he was concentrate at shoot the protector to finish the most quickly the mission after this).

There are many things who's can be, to evaluate solo players performance (like how much time you survive with aleph/and with max aleph, kill assist, do the objectif of the mission, how much time you kill the antagonist, how much time he kill you,...) and many things who's can't be implementate too (like cover a players when he try to restore his life because he rush just like he was invincible and he was trap by so much npc,...).

omeganx

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: December 20, 2017, 08:16:32 AM
In many team-based games solo performance is measured. This is from games like Rainbow6 Seige to MOBAs and (best example) Overwatch, where they gauge your healing, Objective kills/defense, time on objectives(if you need to hold the point). However, if someone is great at killing then you can get your points through pushing and attacking the objective. Lastly, you can gauge personal characters performance like Harec: # Headshots in Stalk mode/ Alicia: #Dmg while airborne/Lycus: #Dmg shield absorbed/ June:#ally health healed ETC.
I could come up with a few for each char but then it'll be working for free. lol

MSE_Karen

• Community Manager with thick Spanish accent
  • MercurySteam
  • Cat whisperer
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: December 20, 2017, 11:27:18 AM
Hi omeganx,

All I can say is that we are working right now in some major changes for Raiders of the Broken Planet's progression system. They are going to take some time to be implemented but we hope they solve some of the problems the players have in this area.

Thank you!

omeganx

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: December 20, 2017, 11:29:46 PM
Hi omeganx,

All I can say is that we are working right now in some major changes for Raiders of the Broken Planet's progression system. They are going to take some time to be implemented but we hope they solve some of the problems the players have in this area.

Thank you!
Oh no problem, I was more curious about the rest of the community's POV. I wasn't sure if it's only bothering me. Look forward to your update on WIPs. Thanks for the reply!

Adrian_123

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: December 30, 2017, 01:59:33 PM
Individual stats and rewards can lead to a wierd competition.

Like letting teammates die on pourpose to steal aleph from elite enmies and be the one that acomplish the mission.

That could be worst than the actual system.

omeganx

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: January 03, 2018, 11:27:53 PM
Well I guess a lot of things could be worse, but I doubt in a game where you share lives, you will get that many pple wanting to waste their life-pool for extra credits that which may, in-turn, prevent them from getting anything. I think the idea will promote "doing your part".

PersonMcHuman

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: January 04, 2018, 01:41:22 AM
Or it will lead to people actually making an effort to pull their weight, rather than doing the bare minimum, or even less than that, in the case of those parasites that just join games and do nothing the entire time (but still make sure to grab up their unfair share of the rewards).

Quanrian

• Eat the game before it devours your life!
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: January 18, 2018, 09:59:39 PM
I think so long as the performance isn't compared that's not so bad. Perhaps, just shown on 'that' person's screen. As it stands, you couldn't make changes now without redoing several graphical elements and I have to assume that is what they have or are planning to do. I just hope it doesn't become a flood of statistics but maybe... that information could be noted elsewhere for personal use and of course bragging! I'd especially like to know what my highest ratings are per mission kind of like a high score table would normally do.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #13 on: January 19, 2018, 01:08:32 AM
I think so long as the performance isn't compared that's not so bad. Perhaps, just shown on 'that' person's screen. As it stands, you couldn't make changes now without redoing several graphical elements and I have to assume that is what they have or are planning to do. I just hope it doesn't become a flood of statistics but maybe... that information could be noted elsewhere for personal use and of course bragging! I'd especially like to know what my highest ratings are per mission kind of like a high score table would normally do.

Yes! It seems difficult to judge "performance" in an objective-based game that also requires doing not-objective things. A player shooting the gunships is just as important as the player clearing the enemies off their back, is just as important as Iune healing people, or Kuzman shocking lots of damage spread out to help get kills, but making few kills himself. Just a lot of factors to consider.

BUT I would love to have a personal statistics page to see how I'm performing

OutlawSiamang21

• View Profile
Reply #14 on: January 22, 2018, 03:30:38 PM
To the Dev team keep it up. I have a reward suggestion it might help but what if the system rating tied more in. So basically where if you get an 8 rating or higher you get guaranteed a bp drop. Have the bp still be random but give us a guarantee on hard work. The rest of the reward system is kept nicely in my opinion. I just feel that a guaranteed drop with 8 and 8+ ranks should be rewarded albiet still keep the wheel it adds a competitive edge. Hey I absolutely love the game, nice knockout the park with this indie. Thanks for the Shae card upgrades love them, makes grinding even more enticing to make a build where I can make players new and experienced fear and respect Shae.