Author Topic: Privat CO - OP  (Read 15028 times)

Soul Devour

• View Profile
Re: Privat CO - OP
Reply #15 on: December 02, 2017, 01:53:45 AM
No, I wasn't suggesting you start over again in a new region, unless you hadn't invested too much into the game. It wasn't my real solution to the problem, but a consolation prize, so to speak.

Sadly, this is a multiplayer focused game from a small studio, their profitability relies on a large number of online players. You wouldn't expect Overwatch or CoD to go single-player for similar reasons. They need people online to flesh out the community and keep queue times reasonable, so they can't make everything available offline - but it's beyond that point for you.

Again, I agree that the drip-feed of characters and the pricing of skins is worthy of derision and should be brought up again and again. Keep making noise over these issues, they will make some concessions where they're willing. Offline content is likely not one of those areas. Likewise, keep making noise about the queue times in your region, but please state your platform and region. Hopefully they'll find a solution, even if it comes to merging regions and playing with higher ping. Ultimately, I think the W10-Xbox One playerbase will keep shrinking, so they need to do something now. Whether it's promoting the game in those territories, doing giveaways, I don't know. I think they're more likely to give up on it though, unless an alternative solution is discovered. Another option may be to scale to a certain number of players. So having 2-4 players and adjusting the difficulty around this.

Either way, I'm on your side, I'm just trying to be pragmatic.

The thing is about Overwatch and CoD is they at least have a Private match mode/custom games where you can 1v1 a friend or fight against bots if they wish and not have to play online against other people or wait for the queuing time. That's what they need to do. Have a custom game mode where we can earn the same rewards and have the same amount of fun.
Other than that, there is no real solution to this. None of us want to see this game die, which is why we are even complaining about having an Custom game/Private match mode. So we can keep playing the game, recommend it to others, and keep this series alive.
That's all we ask for. Us who HAS PAID for the unlike a big chunk of the community who only play the free demo.

JewMeat

• View Profile
Reply #16 on: January 02, 2018, 08:31:08 AM
I can't do this anymore I've been a queue with a friend for a hour now and no one is joining. How does anybody expect to play this game if you can't even start a mission.  I would recommend this to other people cause from what I played it's really fun but how can I recommend something when you can't even play it. And I'm not playing single player I enjoy this game with friends.

MSE_Hellath

• PR Manager
  • MercurySteam
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: January 02, 2018, 04:23:26 PM
IDK how to tell you another way that you are killing your game.

You have awesome art, you have awesome scenario and cinematics but only one idiot ruined all this. This idion thinks that people want play antagonist ant they want pay $20 for one skin and he thinks that people who like online multyplayer doesnt need co-op, or he thinks that matchmaking + four random people it about co-op???

Fallos,

As we have stated before, all feedback, including things you dislike or disagree with, is welcome. Insulting or calling names is not.

I have modified your original post, editing out the insults. As stated in the community rules, please consider this a warning. We encourage you to keep sharing constructive criticism, but if the usage of insults or inappropriate language persists, it will result in a temporal or even permanent ban.

Quanrian

• Eat the game before it devours your life!
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: January 03, 2018, 06:07:48 AM
I can't do this anymore I've been a queue with a friend for a hour now and no one is joining. How does anybody expect to play this game if you can't even start a mission.  I would recommend this to other people cause from what I played it's really fun but how can I recommend something when you can't even play it. And I'm not playing single player I enjoy this game with friends.

I can only offer my help if you're playing on Xbox or Win10. Then you would only need one more person!

PersonMcHuman

• View Profile
Reply #19 on: January 04, 2018, 02:00:09 AM

Just do what someone else is the forum once told me. Just buy another copy of the game, that'll somehow solve your problem...

For real though, I sympathize. I'm in the same boat here. I love the game. It's super fun to play, and I'd love to recommend it more. I recommended it to a friend once, and after spending thirty minutes in a queue, only to join a game where someone repeatedly threw themselves off a cliff in order to force a quick failure and collect a reward, they (for some crazy reason) deleted the game. 

MSE_TENKA

• CMC
  • MercurySteam
    • View Profile
    • Mercury Steam
Reply #20 on: January 04, 2018, 11:52:46 AM
Hi JewMeat,

There are several channels where you can find people to play, one is this new board in this forum: https://www.raidersofthebrokenplanet.com/community/index.php?board=23.0

And the other one is the Unofficial Discord Community, which is very active and healthy: https://discordapp.com/invite/KEw7zcE

Welcome to the Broken Planet!

omeganx

• View Profile
Reply #21 on: January 09, 2018, 02:29:14 AM
IMO there's no reason valid enough as to why they cant allow 2-3 friends play by themselves so THEY can enjoy a game together. You rather make 3 players' experience a chore rather than letting them play? n

Black_Adder_

• View Profile
Reply #22 on: January 09, 2018, 10:07:13 AM
I honestly don't get it WHEN is the time that it takes 30 min to join the game. I have PS4, I live in a country nobody knows, I almost always play alone with random people and the longest wait I've EVER had was 15 min.
If you guys already have a 2 or 3 people team ready then I'm 100% sure that long waiting times whine is complete BS.
Just queue for multiple missions, not just one. If you haven't unlocked all missions yet, then do them in solo on easy. If you can't beat any mission in solo on easy then start to think about maybe the problem lies within yourselves. Every mission in solo mode can be beaten in 10 min on easy with literally any character.

PersonMcHuman

• View Profile
Reply #23 on: January 09, 2018, 03:39:46 PM

So, just to confirm. You're claiming that people are lying (which they would gain nothing from) simply because you haven't had the same experience. Unlike you and your amazing luck, I can definitely confirm that before the (Not So) Ultimate Edition and second campaign were released, I was often waiting twenty to thirty minutes in between every match, even when queuing up for all of them. The longest was around 45 minutes, considering I had the time to watch two full episodes of a show on my PC while waiting.

Even with a team of two or three, spending fifteen minutes is far, faaaaaaar too long a wait for a fifteen to twenty minute mission. That's fine...if you're waiting to do a raid in an MMO or something, but not for this kind of game.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 03:51:40 PM by PersonMcHuman »

Quanrian

• Eat the game before it devours your life!
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: January 18, 2018, 09:55:15 PM
I would never suggest anyone buy a second copy though it's been done on many games before. Vermintide for example, many people own it on both PC and console. This game gives you an opportunity to keep your second version free. If my PC was capable I absolutely would be playing on the Steam just to play with more people. I wouldn't play it as much since it would rely on tickets. You really do got to tone it down a bit though Human you're acting incredibly defensive against any and all advice. When you're taking it so far as to start attacking people directly then you're no longer angry at the game you're just angry period.

OutlawSiamang21

• View Profile
Reply #25 on: January 22, 2018, 03:39:27 PM
Hey guys to anyone looking for help and players on Xbox one, me and all the guys i play with on here are more than glad to play with new players to build up the community and offer tips to help. I'm usually always on at some point, shoot me a message via xbox and I'll help out as much as time allows me an the others. Don't be dishearten, I love the game and all it's missions Dev team keep at it I'm wanting more.