Author Topic: Weapons Locked Behind Antagonist Ranks  (Read 4764 times)

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Weapons Locked Behind Antagonist Ranks
on: February 10, 2018, 06:13:33 PM
Please, please, PLEASE!!! Remove the weapon lock out behind antagonist rank. This is horrible, it's a horrible experience, I can't even surrender as antagonists, I have to endure abject humiliation, waste time playing a mode of gameplay I don't even want to or enjoy playing, but I am FORCED to play in order to get weapons. Please change this. My enjoyment of this game is steadily decreasing.

Don't end up like Evolve, I loved that game but it died due to poor choices like these. I bought the full game because I loved the campaign modes and wanted a new take on shooters other than PvP all the time. I left Overwatch because I was sick of the cannibalistic nature of those kinds of games, this game looked promising. Allow people to choose how they would like to play, don't FORCE them into a mode they don't enjoy. More options are better. Please. I can't stand playing antag, even when I win I feel terrible.

AllMostOliver

• View Profile
Re: Weapons Locked Behind Antagonist Ranks
Reply #1 on: February 10, 2018, 10:39:21 PM
It ain't that bad, You can unlock 80/90% of the weapons if you win 2 matches as the antagonist, And if it's too frustrating/Hard? i'm sorry but The game is made with a Rough skill cap in mind. (SideNote: And Evolve did not die because of a similar choice, It died because of publisher Greed xD

Quanrian

• Eat the game before it devours your life!
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 01:51:42 PM
Just going to point something out. We used to lock cards with Gold and now we use their respective points instead. The only real issue I see with your points is that you're demanding instead of asking with very thinly veiled threats of you quitting and the game ultimately failing if they don't listen to you. As with locking cards, change can come to how Antagonist works but let's not threaten them as that 'also' is a hollow victory. Simply put, I see no reason to demoralize the developers when they are willing to listen and are already working on changes.

Eliakin

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 12:20:48 AM
Recently they said they will launch a new update with new changes, the best thing we can do is wait. Well, I also think you should remove this restriction of weapon creation, it is very frustrating to try to play a game with more than 300 ping, where your shots and your blows never hit and you only pass anger and if you leave cause departure of the bad connection you are punished.

Quanrian

• Eat the game before it devours your life!
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 05:38:53 AM
Unfortunately, a lot of what seems to be punishing you for quitting due to a bad connection is a result of rage quitters. We simply could not have it both ways. We could either let people quit whenever they want and essentially grief their team in the process with no penalty or we could hold people accountable in varying degrees. However, since the rage-quitting was in such excess something had to be done internally and that is where we are now. Yes, this has affected me negatively too when I lost stigmas in a match 'I' was booted from and not allowed back into. Furthermore, I still see people rage quitting on a whim so that problem hasn't gone away either and is still far more prevalent than accidental penalties.

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: February 14, 2018, 06:39:44 PM
Yeah. They need the incentive to antagonist because its one of the games niches. I do think they should make it Either or, though.  Like you need level 12 to build guns either Raider or Antagonist rank.

So , that way, you can build your little guns pretty early just from playing the game if you want, or you can rush antag rank and build them sooner.  Just for the option.

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: February 14, 2018, 06:40:23 PM
Also, it will give incentive to buy stuff...

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: February 14, 2018, 09:38:21 PM
Yeah. They need the incentive to antagonist because its one of the games niches. I do think they should make it Either or, though.  Like you need level 12 to build guns either Raider or Antagonist rank.

So , that way, you can build your little guns pretty early just from playing the game if you want, or you can rush antag rank and build them sooner.  Just for the option.

Yes, this would be a good idea. You can go the slow and steady route which takes longer, but is less agonizing and random, or you could go the quick route, which is more chancy.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: February 15, 2018, 01:06:30 AM
That seems like a pretty fair compromise, *including* for the antag-locked lore entries!

I know people talk about the weapon requirements a lot, but there's not a weapon currently in the game that takes more than 2 wins to rank up high enough for. But Uras's universe pages take rank 18! Getting that rank was not easy and definitely not a viable hurdle for many players to overcome, considering that achievement is competitive leaderboard-based, just for the final text paragraph of a story...

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: February 15, 2018, 01:17:05 AM
Even still you're far below the point where they start taking stigmas back and can even get 1 or 2 on a close loss

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: February 15, 2018, 01:32:10 AM
That seems like a pretty fair compromise, *including* for the antag-locked lore entries!

I know people talk about the weapon requirements a lot, but there's not a weapon currently in the game that takes more than 2 wins to rank up high enough for. But Uras's universe pages take rank 18! Getting that rank was not easy and definitely not a viable hurdle for many players to overcome, considering that achievement is competitive leaderboard-based, just for the final text paragraph of a story...

Shae has a weapon you need rank 10. I'm not sure how many games that is, I don't do antagonist more than I need to so I wouldn't know. I've experienced rank 8 or 9 with 2 wins. That weapon must be pretty damn good.

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: February 15, 2018, 01:36:25 AM
Focus is amazing. Buy it, build it, love it.

The light pulse is worse. Maybe not with a mouse.

Twelve rank to build everything. I think it's 1 rank per stigma until ten or so. I got rank 12 with 15 stigma.