Author Topic: Antagonist needs more ways of sabotaging Raiders Missions  (Read 2891 times)

Power Penguin

• View Profile
I feel like right now the go to strategy for antagonists is to just stop the raiders from doing the objective by killing them. I think it would be a cool idea if the antagonist had more ways of interacting with Raider objectives. For example in Hanging by a Thread I don't think that the antagonist can shoot at Locus damaging his health. It would be nice if the antagonist could join the rest of the AI and shoot Locus down with the turrets. Another example would be the squid boss you could sacrifice some of you aleph to put a barrier around one of the tentacles so the Raiders can't shoot it for some time. Or on the mining platform you could give up some aleph to turn on the turrets (this would be on cool down so you can't spam the Raiders to death if you are doing good). All of this also play into the fact that you are supposed to be messing with the Raiders as an antagonist and is totally something a trickster/evil force would do.

So what do you guys think ? Any suggestions ?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 01:25:11 AM by Power Penguin »

The Wanderlust

• XBox - The Wanderlust
    • View Profile
Re: Antagonist needs more ways of sabotaging Raiders Missions
Reply #1 on: November 05, 2017, 03:32:52 AM
I wonder if it would make applicable sense to let Antagonists drain aleph from objects such as in A Breath of Hope during the maze section? It would leave the Antagonist open, to be sure, but would force Raiders to adopt a bit more of a defensive stance.

Power Penguin

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 05, 2017, 03:38:15 AM
And could sort of be like a game of tug of war changing the dynamic of the mission. Could be cool.

BloodNekoKiux

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 05, 2017, 04:55:21 AM
I feel like right now the go to strategy for antagonists is to just stop the raiders from doing the objective by killing the. I think it would be a cool idea if the antagonist had more ways of interacting with Raider objectives. For example in Hanging by a Thread I don't think that the antagonist can shoot at Locus damaging his health.
I record a lot of my game play and looking back you can actually damage Locus by striking him and it seems you can shoot him to but it does very little your are better off striking him when the raiders are on respawn. 

Quanrian

• Eat the game before it devours your life!
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 09, 2017, 06:32:46 AM
As far as I've seen you can indeed damage Lycus with one of the mounted guns the same as the AI. You can also protect the engineers but doing either of those makes you entirely more predictable then say... just killing Raiders who are distracted. What enables an Antagonist to get any kills without being hunted constantly (can still happen) is often that Raiders need to focus on objectives and Antagonists do not. Thus, sure I don't mind adding more variety to what an Antagonist can do but it just might end up making them more predictable as a result.

BloodNekoKiux

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: November 09, 2017, 07:39:07 AM
I feel like right now the go to strategy for antagonists is to just stop the raiders from doing the objective by killing the. I think it would be a cool idea if the antagonist had more ways of interacting with Raider objectives. For example in Hanging by a Thread I don't think that the antagonist can shoot at Locus damaging his health.
I record a lot of my game play and looking back you can actually damage Locus by striking him and it seems you can shoot him to but it does very little your are better off striking him when the raiders are on respawn.
I got my stages mixed up, sorry. I was talking about the mission “A fistful of sand” and about the antagonist damaging the protector.