Author Topic: So how are they making money ?  (Read 3883 times)

Hyugga

• View Profile
So how are they making money ?
on: August 23, 2018, 06:05:01 PM
I dont understand , the only thing you can buy with money is skins, and there are not to many of then heck some characters dont even have skins. Why not at least have the option to buy characters or missions if you dont want to grind. I really love this game but I dont see them making money this way , am I missing something ?

DemonFox90

• View Profile
Re: So how are they making money ?
Reply #1 on: August 23, 2018, 06:31:22 PM
I'm sure they'll add in more cosmetics and stuff to buy later on. 

pululon

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 23, 2018, 06:54:42 PM
Buying characters and missions would be a great idea... If you want them now, pay for them, if not, just grind

Hyugga

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 23, 2018, 07:06:20 PM
Yes exactly , I thought that was the point of going free to play. Im level 48 and I want schneider, why not give me the option of buying him with money. I dont see people buying a lot of skins this way , they are expensive as hell.

J33P3R5 CR33P3R

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: August 23, 2018, 07:09:34 PM
They did release a Valeria and a Schneider bundle on Xbox; it gives the character regardless of lvl, their rare weapon, and something else I think, but it is $35 dollars I believe

Hyugga

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: August 23, 2018, 07:35:53 PM
Its on ps4 too , didnt saw it til you mention it. It is something but why only those two ? And the pricing is really high , give me some mercury points with it like warframe does and I would have bought one. I wanted to buy 10 $ on mercury coins today since its was the price of the last campaing anyways but I cant even buy the doldren skin with that. I think they should lower their prices and have more stuff to buy.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: August 24, 2018, 01:25:20 AM
Yeah they currently have some of the highest priced characters available to buy, and it also gives you their rare weapon. I'm sure they will come out with more things to sell like this, look at Let It Die's microtransactions as what I'm betting this will become.

Though for comparison, Let IT Die relies *heavily* on RNG much moreso than Spacelords. Imagine if you had to roll for blueprints using mercury points, and that's pretty much Let IT Die's stews that cost Death Metals

Social_Sin

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: August 24, 2018, 01:33:10 AM
Yea hopefully nobody actually buys those Schneider or Valeria packs because the unlock + BP is not worth the price. It's $46.99 Canadian for each pack.

They really need to readjust their model when it comes to purchasing stuff with real cash. It makes sense to now make money from cosmetics but as fun as this game is I will constantly advise people to not spend the money on it.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: August 24, 2018, 02:03:10 AM
I do agree some prices like these are absurd. They have lots of well-prices skins and microtransactions... but $50 for an unlock is silly. Silly!

I think you could buy 180k gold with mercury points for WAY less cost. You would need the level, and wouldn't get the blueprint, but those 2 seem like small sacrifices if you wanna buy a character through money at such a massive price difference...