Author Topic: Dedicated Servers...NOW  (Read 3337 times)

hirasugi

• View Profile
Dedicated Servers...NOW
on: August 13, 2018, 02:45:09 AM
 This game has basically become unplayable for me.  I'd say a good 75% of the matches I have had in the past month have had some sort of technical hiccup due to the terrible Peer-to-Peer system.  I know it costs money, but you'll straight up lose players like me that just cant stomach being teleported off the map, moving in slow motion, getting caught in a dejavu loop for 1 minute, or having the boss' life reset when host switches...every...single...match.  For the love of god, the last match i had the host changed 3 times!!!!  I was basically disconnected for 60% of the match...but didnt want to leave due to the stupid soft-ban you put on players.  I thought For Honor was bad on launch...but my god this game has some of the worst lag ive ever seen in a game. 

This will be my last complaint post, since it feels like im just yelling into a limitless void.  If the lag remains as debilitating as its always been...I give up, im finding another game to play.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 10:06:31 PM by hirasugi »

L E T H A L ☆ C E N T A U R I

• View Profile
Re: Dedicated Servers...NOW
Reply #1 on: August 13, 2018, 06:28:11 AM
This game has basically become unplayable for me.  I'd say a good 75% of the matches I have had in the past month have had some sort of technical hiccup due to the terrible Peer-to-Peer system.  I know it costs money, but you'll straight up lose players like me that just cant stomach being teleported off the map, moving in slow motion, getting caught in a dejavu loop for 1 minute, or having the boss' life reset when host switches...every...single...match.  For the love of god, the last match i had the host changed 3 times!!!!  I was basically disconnected for 60% of the match...but didnt want to leave due to the stupid soft-ban you put on players.  I thought For Honor was bad on launch...but my god this game has some of the worst lag ive ever seen in a game. 

This will be my last complaint post, since it feels like im just yelling in a limitless void.  If the lag remains as debilitating as its always been...I give up, im finding another game to play.

They're fixing all this shit for the 23rd.

XjabberwockieX

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 13, 2018, 03:48:02 PM
Man Hirasugi that sounds rough. It may not make you feel any better but I can tell you with certainty that most people playing the game don't have problems like you describe 75% of the time and if they did, most of them wouldn't stick around. It sounds like you have been terribly unlucky in your experience so far. Myself and most of the people I play with are on PS4 and I might get a host migration once every 6 or 7 matches due to our high mmr causing a low level player to rage quit and leave the game because they can't hang with the difficulty or the antagonist that we have for the match. I wish the game had dedicated servers as well though so I feel you on that as I am not a fan of losing a chunk of progress when a host does migrate and hopefully that will be addressed come the 23rd. As a fan of the game and generally of the people who populate it, I hope you hang in there and see if the adjustments made fix these things that are frustrating you.

AKABUR

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 13, 2018, 09:00:30 PM
Same problem. Here is how my gameplay usually looks like:
https://youtu.be/h7hG9UqREok
I'm sure many people gave on the game the moment they gave it a try since they couldn't even connect to their first match. I stuck around, but about 40% of the time I just can't connect.

hirasugi

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: August 13, 2018, 10:00:02 PM
Man Hirasugi that sounds rough. It may not make you feel any better but I can tell you with certainty that most people playing the game don't have problems like you describe 75% of the time and if they did, most of them wouldn't stick around. It sounds like you have been terribly unlucky in your experience so far. Myself and most of the people I play with are on PS4 and I might get a host migration once every 6 or 7 matches due to our high mmr causing a low level player to rage quit and leave the game because they can't hang with the difficulty or the antagonist that we have for the match. I wish the game had dedicated servers as well though so I feel you on that as I am not a fan of losing a chunk of progress when a host does migrate and hopefully that will be addressed come the 23rd. As a fan of the game and generally of the people who populate it, I hope you hang in there and see if the adjustments made fix these things that are frustrating you.

Yeah I guess so.  I'm on PC and my internet is pretty decent so I don't know why I have these issues.  I really should start recording my sessions.  Last night I was playing Hanging by a Thread and the ENTIRE map started rotating 90 degrees.  I would respawn only to be flung off the map again.  It was unreal

hirasugi

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: August 13, 2018, 10:04:50 PM
Lethal have they finally come out and said anything about improving the stability of online play?  God I hope this is true

L E T H A L ☆ C E N T A U R I

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: August 13, 2018, 10:22:57 PM
Lethal have they finally come out and said anything about improving the stability of online play?  God I hope this is true

Not so far but they keep releasing a series of vids leading up to the 23rd on all the shit they wanna do as far as rewards, progression, leveling...etc go. Maybe they'll touch upon that. They better. Because this peer-to-peer shit is a ridiculous idea.