Author Topic: the end...180K  (Read 21674 times)

MSE_TENKA

• CMC
  • MercurySteam
    • View Profile
    • Mercury Steam
Re: the end...180K
Reply #30 on: January 02, 2018, 02:52:01 PM
Hi Guys! We wrote a little guide about how to get more rewards. You can find it here: https://www.raidersofthebrokenplanet.com/community/index.php?topic=1115.0

It's userful for knowing where to find more Gold and how rewards are affected when a blueprint drops or an Antagonist appears.

PersonMcHuman

• View Profile
Reply #31 on: January 04, 2018, 01:55:54 AM
Now if only everyone wasn't picking gold all the time in order to afford these ridiculously expensive characters. I'm sure spamming high-gold missions works for people playing with friends, but for us (according to some sentiments I've seen, less valuable) solo players, waiting for a full team makes the grind almost unbearable. Seriously...boy oh boy do I love waiting ten to fifteen minutes to do a ten to twenty minute long mission, just to split the gold three or four ways.

Quanrian

• Eat the game before it devours your life!
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: January 06, 2018, 06:01:20 AM
If you absolutely insist on playing by only using matchmaking you will wait those times. Even when I am short one person it can happen and we just chat while we wait and pick up the fourth while playing. Thus, no matter how many times I say it this seems to be ignored that finding a 'full' group is key to fast play times and 'how' us 'special' people are getting more Gold and faster. However, nothing is going to net you Gold faster than using Invitations and if you insist on refusing to use them while others are more than happy to then you're really just fighting everything they've put forth for you for the sake of saying... this should all be taken care of for me and I'm not going to do that.

Dr.Kuzie

• View Profile
Reply #33 on: January 06, 2018, 06:15:52 AM
Invitations is not really a panacea: you will get 5.000 for game. You need 72 tickets without counting gold to get Ginebra (let's say you want the most expensive one). 72 (if you onlye have 1 friend, let's say this is the normal case) games of 15-20 min. are 24 hours more or less. Getting tickets is more a "lucky charm" thing.

Then, you need people to play the game; if you have "3" friends, nice, you will only need the 72 tickets. That's a thing.

Then, you have to wait the matchmaking if you don't have 3 friends.

Farming gold requires a lot, really, a lot of time. In this game you can't expect to get all the characters; just choose whatever suits you most and go for it. Trying to farm all that gold is just madness.

Enjoy the game or just wait for another campaign (they said some major overhaul changes will happen).
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 02:18:57 PM by Pelanas »

PersonMcHuman

• View Profile
Reply #34 on: January 06, 2018, 07:37:46 AM
Great job ignoring the problem, Quanrian, just like you do in the Discord chat.

The invitation system, to me, just seems like a way for whoever is in charge to try and force people to trick other people into playing the game. Make characters ridiculously expensive, wait for people to complain, add 'invitations' that'll help them make slightly more gold to expand the playerbase instead of not making the character cost dozens of hours of time or the price of a full game. You've made it clear that you don't care about the crazy amount of grinding since you seem to have a group that's on 24/7 and also infinite invitations to use apparently, but other players don't. For them, the grind is a serious problem (which again, you seem to blame the player for), and a terrible issue for an otherwise amazing game.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 07:41:42 AM by PersonMcHuman »

Quanrian

• View Profile
Reply #35 on: January 06, 2018, 07:48:31 AM
I don't trust your math... you killed off one of your friends during your explanation and moved on pretty fast... Went from four friends to three friends real quick... Where is your fourth friend Pelanas?

Great job ignoring the problem, Quanrian, just like you do in the Discord chat.

The invitation system, to me, just seems like a way for whoever is in charge to try and force people to trick other people into playing the game. Make characters ridiculously expensive, wait for people to complain, add 'invitations' that'll help them make slightly more gold to expand the playerbase instead of not making the character cost dozens of hours of time or the price of a full game. You've made it clear that you don't care about the crazy amount of grinding since you seem to have a group that's on 24/7 and also infinite invitations to use apparently, but other players don't. For them, the grind is a serious problem (which again, you seem to blame the player for), and a terrible issue for an otherwise amazing game.

You act as if your voice is more important than anyone else's but believe it or not I said it first and others have said it better. This conversation has just gone on too long and it's not as if they aren't making changes but no matter what they do... it wont be enough. So honestly, I got sick of hearing people complaining constantly while they try to work on the game. I am pretty sure they get it... in fact they have said they get it. It just wont happen as fast as you'd like.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 07:54:47 AM by Quanrian »

Dr.Kuzie

• View Profile
Reply #36 on: January 06, 2018, 02:17:37 PM
I don't trust your math... you killed off one of your friends during your explanation and moved on pretty fast... Went from four friends to three friends real quick... Where is your fourth friend Pelanas?

My bad, you only need 3 friends cause yourself are the 4th team member. Anyways that doesn't change the amount of tickets, only changes the Nº of missions; you would only do 24...

But good luck trying to get those 72 tickets, its hard.

To be honest the ticket system for me feels like a cheap hit to make us players their marketing move and promote the game... But! If I want to use those tickets, I'm just getting 3 friends and playing with them until I use all and I won't tell them to buy the game, cause I would lose my earnings.

Why would I advise to buy the game in that situation?

Adrian_123

• View Profile
Reply #37 on: January 06, 2018, 02:22:15 PM

My bad, you only need 3 friends cause yourself are the 4th team member. Anyways that doesn't change the amount of tickets, only changes the Nº of missions; you would only do 24...

But good luck trying to get those 72 tickets, its hard.

To be honest the ticket system for me feels like a cheap hit to make us players their marketing move and promote the game... But! If I want to use those tickets, I'm just getting 3 friends and playing with them until I use all and I won't tell them to buy the game, cause I would lose my earnings.

Why would I advise to buy the game in that situation?

That is a point. Invitation system, encourage people to don't buy the episodes... instead of buying them. Because when you don't own the episodes and use the invitations you boost your progress a lot.

Me, at least, I'm not going to buy the third episode, just going to be invited in it like mad!

Operator

• View Profile
Reply #38 on: January 07, 2018, 02:19:22 AM
In my opinion the invitation system is both fundamentally flawed and counter productive to the game (and company) itself. The system rewards people for inviting players that have not spent any money and since the reward drastically aids both players, why would they buy the rest of the game? That means Mercury Steam gains few to no sales on invited players. Additionally, in order to adequately find people to invite, the player must use services outside the game itself (such as discord, forums, steam chat groups, etc.) since there is no in-game communication available. This creates a barrier to entry for the "feature" and thus limits it's effectiveness at increasing the player base. Not to mention the hit the company is taking on player opinion/satisfaction based on how difficult it is to unlock things without the invitation system; which again damages the chances for future sales to those dissatisfied players (or their friends).

I'm sure the system was conceived with good intentions but to me it doesn't seem like the positives out weigh the negatives. Sure, there is a group of players that take advantage of the system but the long-term damage the system itself is doing seems too dangerous to keep around. I'd personally aim to smooth-out the player progression experience and work to foster positive player experiences that they would want to share with their friends (thus bringing in more paying players).

But that's just my take on the situation.

Edit: Fixed some spelling errors.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 02:22:01 AM by Operator »

Dr.Kuzie

• View Profile
Reply #39 on: January 07, 2018, 03:08:51 AM
In my opinion the invitation system is both fundamentally flawed and counter productive to the game (and company) itself. The system rewards people for inviting players that have not spent any money and since the reward drastically aids both players, why would they buy the rest of the game? That means Mercury Steam gains few to no sales on invited players. Additionally, in order to adequately find people to invite, the player must use services outside the game itself (such as discord, forums, steam chat groups, etc.) since there is no in-game communication available. This creates a barrier to entry for the "feature" and thus limits it's effectiveness at increasing the player base. Not to mention the hit the company is taking on player opinion/satisfaction based on how difficult it is to unlock things without the invitation system; which again damages the chances for future sales to those dissatisfied players (or their friends).

I'm sure the system was conceived with good intentions but to me it doesn't seem like the positives out weigh the negatives. Sure, there is a group of players that take advantage of the system but the long-term damage the system itself is doing seems too dangerous to keep around. I'd personally aim to smooth-out the player progression experience and work to foster positive player experiences that they would want to share with their friends (thus bringing in more paying players).

But that's just my take on the situation.

This sums the situation pretty well.

In bold, the critical aspect of this situation: satisfaction. Lately I have been playing Raiders without feeling any rewards from the game.

These are my days in Raiders: I wait long qeues with my couple (she started to play 4 days ago); we play with people who just skyrockets the difficulty score with their levels (and levels adquired by buying things...it's unfair), or, people who can't get along with the team (lacking an ingame chat to just give advice or something HURTS this game A LOT). In the end we can't even feel any satisfaction when we win; it has become more than a challenge, it's a constant beating to just get nothing.

To be honest, we have faith in some kind of co-op with bots, difficulty level selector...We just want to enjoy the game at our own pace. We have been doing with every other game in the market, why this one neglects that so hard?

I'm afraid; I asked about some changes and they told me that they were on them; hours later I get H.I.V.E. and the same history as Ginebra, Iune and Mikah... It's frustrating to just want to get all the experience and knowing it can't be.

I tried to get more people into this (only succeeded with one person) but everyone in my friend's list says the same: "Man, the game is...too grindy; I can't get into that because is too bad; I'm not playing that is just a pay to play but with free to play mechanics; This is like Battlefront 2.".

I give up. I enjoyed the game these months but I give up.

If I want the other campaigns I just need to ask anyone to invite me, it's easier, cheaper, and I can see the story.

Quanrian

• View Profile
Reply #40 on: January 07, 2018, 03:46:52 AM
There's nothing wrong with your critique except it's been said many times already. In fact there are several threads discussing it. It's been discussed to death and there are plenty of other points to discuss that believe it or not are a lot more important than 'x' character takes too long to unlock. It's not impossible but yes you are likely to spend a bit of money... somewhere between 5$ to 10$ just to avoid 'some' grinding.

Try and keep in mind, these characters are spread out pretty far when they release so it's not as if you're dropping that 5$ or 10$ right on top of each other. However, for new players that see how many heroes are unlockable versus readily available it can seem impossible. I do get that, though I hope newer players also realize long time owners had to wait for all those characters to even come out and that took months.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 04:40:36 AM by Quanrian »

Dr.Kuzie

• View Profile
Reply #41 on: January 07, 2018, 04:20:29 AM
There's nothing wrong with your critique except it's been said many times already. In fact there are several threads discussing it. It's been discussed to death and there are plenty of other points to discuss that believe it or not are a lot more important than 'x' character takes too long to unlock. It's not impossible but yes you are likely to spend a bit of money... somewhere between 5$ to 10$ just to avoid 'some' grinding. These characters are spread out pretty far when they release so it's not as if you're dropping that 5$ or 10$ right on top of each other. However, for new players that see how many heroes are unlockable versus readily available it can seem impossible. I do get that, though I hope newer players also realize long time owners had to wait for all those characters to even come out and that took months.

But it just feels unfair and a low blow. Money is not something to throw just to "skip" grinding. I would understand if those characters were locked for people who actually played the game in a F2P version... But founders? Ultimate owners? Is just greedy.

There are other games with other takes on this subject. Better takes that makes the grind more enjoyable and fair.

Quanrian

• View Profile
Reply #42 on: January 07, 2018, 04:49:13 AM
Money actually is a thing to throw around to save time... It always has been and always will be. I know it isn't a popular idea but it's why people have jobs so they can buy things that quite literally... save them time. If you have no income and play purely as a free player you're begging. If you want more value for your dollar you simply choose wisely where to spend it and where not. Personally, I don't feel like I'm wasting my money but someone else clearly will not feel the same. For others, Raiders might not be the game for them because frankly this developer 'does' need people that pay to stay financially viable and it will always be a part of their business model.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 04:52:43 AM by Quanrian »

Operator

• View Profile
Reply #43 on: January 07, 2018, 05:23:49 AM
If people enjoyed the game enough to buy more content that stance would be fine, but given that the game averages 30 to 40 players (on steam) during prime times, it seems to me that it isn't helping. You yourself, Quanrian, say its been brought up many many times and that it's constantly discussed. Doesn't this indicate that it's already become damaging?

While I disagree with your perspective, I respect that it may very well be viable; I just don't think it is right now. A multiplayer game with no players is doomed to fail. And to that point, free players add to the player count and when they get treated poorly by the game's economy they'll jump ship; further decreasing that total and preventing them from ever becoming paying players. I personally think people vastly underestimate the importance of free players, especially in small titles like this one.

Adrian_123

• View Profile
Reply #44 on: January 07, 2018, 11:25:08 AM
I think that the pattern of Prices of characters are now a little bit more clear. Each new character increase the price by 60.000 gold.

Hans: 25.000
Dr. Kuzmann: 60.000
Mikha: 120.000
iune: 180.000
H.I.V.E.: 240.000
Doldren: 300.000 (This is my bet)
Ginebra: 360.000
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Episode 3.
Ayana Kwena: Buying the Episode.
Char1: 420.000 Char2: 480.000 Char3: 540.000

Episode 4.
Char¿?: Buying the Episode.
Char1: 600.000 Char2: 660.000 Char3: 720.000

a total of 4.680.000 gold required to unlock all characters.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 11:38:16 AM by Adrian_123 »