Author Topic: Ginebra Transformation  (Read 3390 times)

Soul Devour

• View Profile
Ginebra Transformation
on: November 06, 2017, 08:32:54 AM
First off I would like to say, I am loving her as a character and her mechanics, emotes, and all. The only thing I am not liking to much, is that Ginebra is weak when she gets in that form, but she cannot fight back to protect herself. I know it's like a means of getting away since she is a slower tanky character, but since she's in that state and can only run away, but not fight back is kinda a weakness. Which I get is good for antagonists, but is kinda annoying for the player. At least one attack would be nice, since she is very fragile in that state.
That's all I had to say about Ginebra, it's just my opinion.

Vladpw123

• View Profile
Re: Ginebra Transformation
Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 10:27:09 AM
Hell her COugr form is OP as f%ck at this point. I think if we give her at least a little buf she will brake game.
And her form can be used ofensivly. If you notice  you go compleatly stealth while in this mode, also you can fastly reach elevated postion. This gives you oportunity to attack enemys fom unexpected directons.

SygBoss

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 10:49:24 AM
Cougar form is really really strong right now. If anything it needs a nerf.

Karrendaen

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 12:04:27 PM
She really doesn't need anything more. If you add her cards boosting her movement speed or cougar armor ... She's clearly over the other raiders

Hihsasuke

• I'll bring the marshmellows!
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 06, 2017, 01:46:13 PM
Created an account just so I could tell you guys at Mercury Steam that I'm glad Ginebra came out so soon, and I'm happy to see you continuing to add content to the game.

I really enjoy playing Ginebra right now and found her pro/con dichotomy of moving slow outside of cougar mode, and extremely fast in cougar mode a nice contrast that offers a risk reward play style.  I do however feel that she is extremely vulnerable upon transitioning back to normal state. She is immobile for about 1 second, which is life and death as an antagonist taking on 4 Raiders.

I feel as though she should be able to initiate a light attack to tranfrom out of cougar mode, or if not that, at least be able to still move while transforming out of that mode the same way that she can move while transforming in. I hope that made sense.

Argentil

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: November 06, 2017, 03:41:50 PM
The 0.5 second inactivity on transformation is her ONE limitation, and you're asking to remove it. She's already above the other characters in most facets of her design, and even this one small weakness is easy to play around. Yet another post just went up about how crappy it is to play as an antagonist with a Ginebra against you, the people asking for the removal of her only limitation need to play a bit more against Ginebras to understand how truly overpowered she really is. She's single-handedly dragging down the game, but hey, it's nice if you main her, right?

She's a rash if you're an antagonist, but even when I find her on my team, 30% of the time I find her hiding off in a corner or inaccessible space not participating in the game. Please make her always visible in cougar mode, and nerf her damn weapon. It's crazy trying to take her down with her ridiculous movement speed, and even Hans can't counter her because his projectiles are hard to hit with under normal circumstances, and she runs circles around him. Heck, I'd even take an instant transformation if you nerfed her crossbow, maxed out her stress in cougar form, and either reduced the speed of the form, or the climbing height.

Edit: I'd just like to add, that Ginebra makes the snipers almost completely irrelevant. She has almost double the hitpoints, passive projectile damage reduction, a crazy gap widener/closer, and her weapon does obscene damage. Harec, in particular, needs a large buff to be competitive in this meta.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 03:45:41 PM by Argentil »

GerCarrigan

• Gamer with Passion
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: November 06, 2017, 10:31:52 PM
Harec is one of the hardest Characters with crazy mobility and he is able to one shot most of the characters. Ginebra can counter Snipers and there comes more Characters which could Counter Ginebra. She does insane dmg if a player stands at a object otherwise she does moderate dmg with knockback. Its the first Character with a Knockback Mechanic.