Author Topic: Could we try not complaining for at least a week?  (Read 9856 times)

gearedbeast

• View Profile
Re: Could we try not complaining for at least a week?
Reply #15 on: August 26, 2018, 12:47:36 AM
I'm uninstalling because of the soul part of the game being a grind. I appreciate a lot of what MS has tried and is the reason why I posted this, but after reading everyone else's response I'd like to take a break.

I've gotten lucky and done well with the new system for the most part but, like monster hunter, despite how fun and interesting  the base game is I'm not into doing the same thing over and over. I'm coming back but not until I  do something different

Soul Devour

• View Profile
Reply #16 on: August 26, 2018, 01:32:27 AM
I read through all the comments, and I agree with all of them. I've been with Mercy Steam since day one, even before the game came out when I was watching the trailers and all that. I sincerely was excited watching all of it as it had some amazing cinematics and look genuinely entertaining. I thought it would honestly be a triple A game.

But then the game came out. I enjoyed playing the game for a couple months, in the beta and when it was full released. I was first sadden by the lack of Private matches so me and my friend could just play games on our own, see what it was like and explore before going into any real online games to get the real rewards, but we couldn't. We were forced to sit there for hours on ends in match making, getting lucky when we found a match but then raging when one single person didnt accept it.

Then the times of the nerfs and a lot of issues being continuously added, left and right with everything new update. I honestly was a little turned away, my friend definitely was and I had to convince him to play with me even though the annoyingly long waiting times. I really didn't like that, and I still don't do this day.

Each new campaign taking longer and longer to get out, along with the new characters, being locked behind LARGE amounts of gold to buy. Then now the level system. I liked it and not liked it, one big reason being how much grind it required to level up and then how much it costed to get a booster. So having to split the gold between the booster, characters, and gun blueprints, we struggled to be able to build or get ANYTHING.

Yeah, we aren't hardcore players, and yeah we could've played a little more, but Mercy Steam makes it so hard to give us incentive to really play. I love the game still though, even to this day. Even with the missions now being locked behind levels, the ridiculous character prices, only compensating veteran players with "skins", also being a Xbox player I can't even play the game unless its in Training Mode which even then I can't enjoy the new missions because they are locked behind the Star system now which you are forced to PLAY ONLINE.

I really want to give Mercy Steam another chance, but they have been given so many. Why is it so freaking hard to add a Private Matching system? Why do the characters have to cost SO RIDICULOUSLY MUCH? Even adding in character deluxe packs to buy when the skins ALONE cost a ton themselves of our real life money.

Mercy Steam, I love you, and like I said, I've read ALL of the comments previously, but even someone like me, who has a crap ton of patience I starting to lose it. I'm not gonna uninstall the game, I will wait till Monday to play, but it seems that the real important suggestions aren't really being seen. A lot of the lesser ones are the only ones being worked on. I hope to see a real change in the future. Until then, keep fighting on Spacelords.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 01:41:12 AM by Soul Devour »

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #17 on: August 26, 2018, 06:56:35 AM
Due to all the discussion on discord and having mod duties there, I have very little energy to even read let alone post here in the forums very much right now. But the last 2 days has been a total shitfest. People need to learn some chill.

There were some bad decisions with this update, but also good, and all some people focus on is the bad. Yet it's true that almost all of the changes came from US, the community. I had to go through and unpin a ton of suggestions that came straight from discord posts because they were added into the game with this patch.

It's funny how they listen to us, but because it doesn't fit 100% exactly how we thought it would right off the bat, people are already uninstalling and ragequitting after throwing around "retarded" and "stupid" at the game/devs. I'm shocked mercurysteam hasn't just ragequit on US with how much shit this community throws out.

It's only been 2 days. They are having to deal with more pressing issues

2than "it's hard to get blueprints right now" considering 1/3rd of their playerbase can't even play. Give them some time to work and breath, guys.
I don't like everything either but uninstalling because of the event system making blueprints hard to acquire when it's been 2 days is hilariously petty for players that have spent hundreds of hours on this game.

What are you takking abhout, man? It's been 2 day and ZEEEERRROOO blueprints. 8 to 12 fucking hours just for a mere CHANCE at real progress? Are you kidding me? The levels are cool, the new character awesome (gun is horridly weak, but I can't upgrade it, NO BLUEPRINTS), the newer features are neat, but what's the point of it all if you can;'t make any progress?

B30

• I stopped playing
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: August 26, 2018, 08:12:36 AM
… only been 2 days. They are having to deal with more pressing issues than "it's hard to get blueprints right now" considering 1/3rd of their playerbase can't even play. Give them some time to work and breath, guys. …

I don't have connectivity issues (and I'm sorry for the ones who have), but I have other concerns or problems with the game, so I come here to the offical forum and tell 'em what's on my mind, if I don't tell 'em, they don't know and think everything is ok, but it is not. I don't come here to be an ass.

Power Penguin

• View Profile
Reply #19 on: August 26, 2018, 08:33:27 AM
So having an impressively unrewarding progression system is acceptable for the F2P re-launch ? I'm sorry Draco but the way you worded that post comes of as incredibly condescending. Sure they have made some improvements but that doesn't detract from the fact that they messed up big time (at least for the veteran players side). I'm really frustrated with the game right now, am I going to quit, I don't know. But if they keep making these air headed decisions I am out.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 08:41:33 AM by Power Penguin »

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #20 on: August 26, 2018, 09:58:53 AM
I made my post immediately after a prominent community member and streamer made a big deal about uninstalling the game. I've heard all of the arguments. Some are legit, I'm not saying everything is good. The blueprint situation is horrible, I agree. I think you guys may be taking my comments out of context.

Despite legit concerns, everyone thinks their issue is a fire. A good figure of speech I learned from a friend-- everything's not a fire. Does it suck that I haven't seen a blueprint drop since launch, and the rotational rewards are borked? Yes. Am I going to yell about how big of a problem it is while one whole platform can't even play at all which is obviously a big priority, and then quit and uninstall when the weekend hits and I'm not having a dev personally respond to my issue, no.

I might be condescending but I hear over-entitled people every single day on the phone for my job, so I am just tired of such an attitude. I'm not directing this at everyone because *there are plenty of reasons to be upset at the update's changes* but it's a madhouse on every social media avenue right now, and a good majority of it is just angry screaming, and very little constructive feedback and even less patience.

L E T H A L ☆ C E N T A U R I

• View Profile
Reply #21 on: August 26, 2018, 07:51:16 PM
I agree with Draco here. Just let them work on the Xbox connectivity issue first. That is the most detrimental thing here right this very second. They made a post on Twitter explaining that they're working hard on this issue.

All this other shit will probably be addressed at a later date.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #22 on: August 26, 2018, 08:10:54 PM
Also I found it ironic that a thread titled "try not to complain for a week" ended with OP uninstalling the game within uhhhhh 5 hours of starting this post. I hope I'm not the only one that feels like development and bug/glitch/bad changes take longer than a couple of hours to fix :(

L E T H A L ☆ C E N T A U R I

• View Profile
Reply #23 on: August 26, 2018, 08:22:25 PM
Also I found it ironic that a thread titled "try not to complain for a week" ended with OP uninstalling the game within uhhhhh 5 hours of starting this post. I hope I'm not the only one that feels like development and bug/glitch/bad changes take longer than a couple of hours to fix :(

I know right lmaooo I saw that and heartily chuckled. And no, no you're not.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #24 on: August 26, 2018, 11:12:33 PM
Well said Draco. I will try and wait it out and not scream fire.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #25 on: August 27, 2018, 12:04:26 AM
I am saving a *lot* of complaints and issues myself, recording videos, screenshots, etc.. Do not mistake that I'm saying the game is flawless and beyond critique, I am no white knight. I just got the "match in progress" loop for the first time ever, after getting the rewards for a match. But they only have so much manpower, and I don't want to get lost in a sea of complaints right now that are either A. being fixed, or B. not top priority.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #26 on: August 27, 2018, 04:46:30 AM
Valeria is REALLY fun to. I keep playing because of the potential in what I can build her to be.

NinMug

• View Profile
Reply #27 on: August 27, 2018, 06:02:19 AM
For 648 hours i cant get Pulse and Licht. After new update i get them in a row, also Whip. So i have no problems with new bp system.

Whitebleidd

• View Profile
Reply #28 on: August 29, 2018, 12:46:22 AM
Yea I’ve definitely had a good experience getting bp’s so far with the new system (enjoying pulse and shy a lot), however I know how it could be very bad and time wasting with a string of bad luck or interference from antags, so I can understand the complaints.

The new cutscenes and lore are great (the additional insight into the 5th council is welcomed), not to mention Valeria which I think has a great character design, plus is a lot of fun gameplay wise.

When it comes to the new missions I think some of them can drag on to much and others feel way to spammy with all the stuff going on, I’m not saying they are bad, just not as fun as previous missions imo.