Author Topic: Mentor match system fault  (Read 3943 times)

monetor14

• View Profile
Mentor match system fault
on: August 23, 2018, 02:07:39 PM
My first three matches in the spacelords update have been mentor matches which forces you to become the host of the match. This is a huge mistake. I have terrible download speeds and bandwidth, I even have the low bandwidth setting on to not ruin other's experiences with your amazing game. Please change this I have ruined several peoples matches already and I shouldn't be. I have the setting on and I have terrible internet. Please fix this. Thank you very much!

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Re: Mentor match system fault
Reply #1 on: August 24, 2018, 01:33:36 AM
Oh wow! I mean it makes sense to force host to an established player to avoid host migrations, but definitely don't let it override the "low bandwidth" option if you have that turned on.

pululon

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 24, 2018, 11:39:11 AM
I agree with this, I fucked up two games... and at the end of the mission... I bet that my team were loving me -____-

Ghostman128

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 24, 2018, 05:23:50 PM
The problem I have with mentor mode they give you a whole bunch of lvl 1s and 2s but the mmr is on yours... TF???? How are the low levels supposed to keep up???

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: August 24, 2018, 09:33:36 PM
^Great suggestion actually! If the match is a mentor mode, HEAVILY skew the MMR towards the new player's difficulty.

I had a fun first mentor match against Valeria last night. I piked Kon and the other experienced player was.... Loaht, with baby Lycus and Alicia. Needless to say I had to do 100% of the work killing Beholders and Valeria.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: August 24, 2018, 09:51:10 PM
I have a question for you guys. When you get multiple low levels (1-10) on a mission and an antag, do you see frequent disconnects? I see a lot of low-ish level players disconnect when they see an antagonists a lot. Especially when the antag is 30+

This is actually how I was robbed of my first BP mission.

gearedbeast

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: August 24, 2018, 10:36:43 PM
Saw this before the patch. Almost every patch with a new player, and sometimesnot even with an antag, but not one recently
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 10:40:00 PM by gearedbeast »

Hyugga

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: August 24, 2018, 10:56:02 PM
I dont understan the whole mentor thing, how am seeing level 1-5 players in the 3rd campaing.    It is locked by level. So if you go to quick play, it will let you play any level with any mission and match you with high level mentor ?

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: August 25, 2018, 12:12:19 AM
Yea, if there are level requirement how am I seeing them in the more advanced levels?

Social_Sin

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: August 25, 2018, 01:11:27 AM
I'm officially canceling every match I have that says mentor. Nobody knows how to use Aleph, if it's a mentor match it should not be allowed to have an antag.

I'm all for fighting one in my matches but  not when all 3 of the raiders are  below lvl 4

Edit: Yea screw this lol realized the loss cost me my chance at the blueprint.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 01:13:27 AM by Social_Sin »

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: August 25, 2018, 01:14:58 AM
mentor match should lock out antags, agreed. Haven't had that situation yet, though.

And c'mon guys, it was stated in videos that new players start with a random campaign. They don't start on Alien myths, so yeah a brand new player could be randomly starting with Council or Hades. The mission level requirements go up from there, so they finish a campaign, go on to the next one, those missions have higher level reqs, so on and so forth.

Skyline

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: August 26, 2018, 01:59:12 PM
The only thing that in a new game it became better than in original, - you see the inscription "Mentor match" and you can just refuse a mission.
 And this spittle in a face, - +20% to exp (100exp for 20 min of gameplay with minimal chance complete mission )... sufferings are incommensurable to our works (c) Pirates of the Caribbean.
Maybe it sounds offensively in relation to beginners, but mechanics of a game don't allow in no way one player "Carry" the others to a victory.
Simple example - the first mission and reactors... you will never be able to kill all engineers and reactors will be constantly disconnected, and opportunities to tell beginners "kill blue signatures" isn't present.