Author Topic: New forge prices  (Read 1901 times)

b3lTar

• View Profile
New forge prices
on: August 25, 2018, 01:59:40 PM
Im not the kind of guy that is up to any news, but i dont know if we were aware that the prices were going to change (90k for a golden craft!?!?!?) and that the forge points were going to be cut off into another limit.

If i knew these, I would have forged a few weapons before Spacelords. Now i feel a little bit betrayed, I get less forge points and costs me x2 or x3 times that it cost before. Its just feels worthless to play just one or two games for a session, at least with the amount of money Im getting from completing a mission.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Re: New forge prices
Reply #1 on: August 26, 2018, 12:32:54 AM
Agreed, not a fan of the higher forge costs.

But honestly it's not just that Max forge went from 72-90k. But lower levels have now been priced out of viable weapon crafting for rare weapons. Common appears to be unchanged, but reports are that Forge level 8 costs 78k to craft, which is higher than the old MAX costs, which was already a ton of gold to spend on one weapon.

This is one things that definitely needs to be reviewed. As a veteran I will just keep farming and build as I go, it will take me longer but it's do-able. But for new players, they stand no chance of crafting rare guns due to the massive skyrocket in lower forge prices.

For those reading, no points were lost, but max forge is now level 20, which happens at player level 199.

b3lTar

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 26, 2018, 12:07:42 PM
The thing that i wanted to point out was that, as a "veteran" player, I feel a little bit betrayed, I was not aware to spend all the gold i could before this changes. In any other game I would have known about this for sure.

It seems like MS doesn't have the transparency they may think they have.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 26, 2018, 08:18:35 PM
Agreed, I only found out early enough to build Bloody Mary since Xbox got the update first, and they let us know about the cost. I would have crafted more but I didn't want to go too far below the cost to buy Valeria :\

Character cost changes are always announced verbatim, so players could buy Doldren and Iune before they went up to 180k, and wait for the other characters to drop. We were not able to make any advanced informed decision on crafting.