Author Topic: antagonist mode sucks!  (Read 12904 times)

Kiss Shot

• View Profile
Re: antagonist mode sucks!
Reply #15 on: July 06, 2018, 11:02:22 AM
Hello Tooeasy,

I think people understand how you feel, that' s not the problem here.
You have to understand that this particular topic has been discussed a hundred times already here and sometimes with a bit more of structure than your own arguments. So keep in mind that people are probably a bit fed up of exposing their aguments again and again and again.

I encourage you to read one of those and see what people had come with. As someone mentionned devs read and follow the forums, so the only thing we ca hope for is waiting and see if all the discussion had a repercussion that will satisfy the most of us.

Remember that changing videogame mechanics take time and energy...specifically the big changes that are asked by the community. Apparently there's a rumor about an Arena mode, maybe it will be the start of a good path for the game.

P.S. : In the futur try to avoid the : "the game is no fun except when I one shot low levels" stuff, it discredits the idea of being exchanging viewpoints with a good player/person if that's your way of having fun...

Best regards,
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 11:11:56 AM by Kiss Shot »

tooeasy

• View Profile
Reply #16 on: July 06, 2018, 02:20:08 PM
Thanks for the reply, so i'll go to see what changes are purposed in other topics. About 1shot story, maybe i wrote wrong but what i would say was that the antag 1shotted me, not that i 1shotted people like antag. I know isn't fun play with 1shot-kill (snipers are exceptions obviously...). Thanks again for the suggestion and for the comprehension.

XjabberwockieX

• View Profile
Reply #17 on: July 07, 2018, 06:02:02 PM
Mr. Tooeasy if this game has rubbed you the wrong way this bad and you are ONLY level 29, this game is just not for you. Go with your instinct on this one and play something that makes you happy. Im not a huge fan of antagonist system either but Beer the Brad is right, its not going anywhere.

Some weeks ago I tried looking for an official past dev response, I even just right out asked on this forum, yet not response, the truth is anyone now saying ” its not going anywhere” is talking out of their ass, although small there is still a chance and it’s probably the only thing that will allow for some player retention and less toxicity.

Whitebleidd, Mercurysteam has said from the very beginning that this game was a 4v1 third person shooter. The antagonist mechanic a featured part of the story and representing Uras Beherit's physical presence on the battlefield to hinder the raiders. If 100% of the playerbase complains about the Rng in the game and they haven't changed that, they arent going to discard one of the key features they built into this game in the Antagonist system.
   The upcoming Arena mode SHOULD draw alot of the dedicated pvp'ers in on a regular basis so they can get alot of their jollies there and leave the campaigns to the pve crowd (including myself) but they are not likely to exclude the option to antag in the campaign because they are in love with the feature.

Whitebleidd

• View Profile
Reply #18 on: July 08, 2018, 08:42:53 AM
XjabberwockieX it doesn’t really alter what I was saying, I can get your reasoning but it’s just an educated guess, nothing official, that said I know you have a higher chance of being right in your assumption, but bigger changes than what is being asked here have happened in other games when the community pushes enough for it, so any pve player requesting a mode without antagonist invasions may help.

Anyways I don’t think most pve players are asking for a removal of the antagonist but simply an additional mode without it, so it’s not like their vision has to be discarded.

Assuming you’re correct on the devs line of thought and stance on the game, maybe they should have gone all in since release and not allowed matches to start without an antagonist, that way the gameplay type/genre would have been clearer/consistent and they would only attract the type of player they apparently want.

XjabberwockieX

• View Profile
Reply #19 on: July 08, 2018, 10:08:18 AM
Arena mode should draw alot of players that prefer playing as the antagonist  thats for sure. It should mean less of a pvp presence in the main game. I look forward to this...Buuuuuuttttt dont be surprised if some new blueprints require you to play Arena to unlock them...Won't that be fun?

gearedbeast

• View Profile
Reply #20 on: July 08, 2018, 04:14:48 PM
Arena mode should draw alot of players that prefer playing as the antagonist  thats for sure. It should mean less of a pvp presence in the main game. I look forward to this...Buuuuuuttttt dont be surprised if some new blueprints require you to play Arena to unlock them...Won't that be fun?
I have a weird feeling this is their way of "fixing" antagonist mode which means they will change very little to nothing at all of the actual mode.

Sorry for my lack of faith mercurysteam but I get the feeling you dance around the problems.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #21 on: July 09, 2018, 04:23:04 AM

Then the problem will persist and there will be a large contingent of PvEers going into Arena mode AFKing with TH maxed out on their weapons. This is what they do for antagonists mode at the moment, I hope you and MSE are proud.

Force people to do things and they will come up with the most inventive ways to do what they are being forced to do with the least amount of unpleasant experience as possible.

tooeasy

• View Profile
Reply #22 on: July 11, 2018, 11:40:19 AM
Surely it's hard to understand. There are too many bad things in this game, and trying to explain all of them, the result is a tangle where understand something is nearly impossible (like trying to explain them). this is amplified if you try to be more wider as possible (doing example with other games like i did...). So don't tell me it's hard, i know it, cause i feel the same difficulty writing about these problems.

dowell_jason

• View Profile
Reply #23 on: July 12, 2018, 06:14:32 PM
TOOEASY
Antag mode if a rough go with very little chance to win. Ive maybe had 30 to 40 matches and only won maybe 10. Its hinges on levels more so for the AI to help you and the map honestly. Depends on weapons and characters who have been picked by the raiders and you. It also depends on the teamwork of the raiders and your play style. I have learned any raiders who stayed group and dont go rambo on everything and ignore objectives are the hardest to kill regardless of level. Raiders who are one man armies regardless of level are easier to pick apart. If you get doldren and can become a sneaky grapple antag. You will enjoy antag more if thats your thing he has in my opinion the best chance for stealth kills. The other thing ive noticed on both side for raiders and antags is so many people do not change there playstyle depending on who they are playing and playing against. Ive seen sniper run at me when Im alicia trying to grapple me or strike it rarely end well for them. Just some food for thought. At the end of the day if this doesnt appeal to you and upsets you so much, its a game and not worth the anger and rage, just move on and find something more your play style. I hate most pvp style games this is one of the few I feel like its not super unbalanced. I feel it requires more strategy then run and gun bullet sponge.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 09:28:40 PM by dowell_jason »

tooeasy

• View Profile
Reply #24 on: July 12, 2018, 09:07:55 PM
DOWELL_JASON
if you read all the replies you could know this argument was closed...

dowell_jason

• View Profile
Reply #25 on: July 12, 2018, 09:27:45 PM
I understand. I just wanted to offer some extra points of view is all. Wasnt trying to upset anyone
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 10:43:34 PM by dowell_jason »

Whitebleidd

• View Profile
Reply #26 on: July 12, 2018, 10:07:23 PM
DOWELL_JASON
if you read all the replies you could know this argument was closed...

“Closed” not really… since this topic was created nothing has changed, last time I checked it still sucks on either side, pvp in this game in general does.

Arena could bring some changes but as some have speculated not necessarily for the better, mainly more things locked behind pvp.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #27 on: July 12, 2018, 10:41:29 PM

tooeasy

• View Profile
Reply #28 on: July 13, 2018, 01:32:03 AM
there are a lot of topics with the same subject, i think devs can understand what is playable and what is not (it's not their first game...), so if it's their objective create a great game at 360° they will do some changes, if not they will do something else, in any case they are the only ones who can do something to change the game and they will do it with their taste. paragon teached to epic games (in bad), warframe teached to digital extremes (in good); we'll see what mercurysteam devs want to learn...

XjabberwockieX

• View Profile
Reply #29 on: July 13, 2018, 02:14:02 AM

Then the problem will persist and there will be a large contingent of PvEers going into Arena mode AFKing with TH maxed out on their weapons. This is what they do for antagonists mode at the moment, I hope you and MSE are proud.

Force people to do things and they will come up with the most inventive ways to do what they are being forced to do with the least amount of unpleasant experience as possible.

Drow I hope you realize I was being sarcastic. It would not be fun to have blueprints locked behind Arena Mode. It would be terrible for those of us who prefer pure pve.  ;)