Author Topic: Lag compensation in Spacelords!  (Read 1514 times)

monetor14

• View Profile
Lag compensation in Spacelords!
on: August 27, 2018, 12:11:56 AM
Right unlike the majority of people complaining about your game I am actually aware that this game adopts p2p connection. DO NOT CONSIDER DEDICATED SERVERS. You will be sucked dry of money as a gaming studio if you adopt this idea. Instead just alter the netcode or as I said the lag compensation. I am aware that I will find people hosting a game and they live far away from me. This naturally will give me bad latency. Just change the way that this game reacts to bad latency. Sometimes I can't even move because the game keeps pulling me back over and over even if I just move in completely straight line. And as you can assume is incredibly frustrating when it results in you teleporting off of an edge that the game thinks you walked off of. Just change the way this games netcode reacts to bad latency. Thank you very much!

LoganMaze

• View Profile
Re: Lag compensation in Spacelords!
Reply #1 on: August 30, 2018, 07:58:15 PM
agreed, also wish they would fix what happens when the host left, i was playing a mentor game so it was already hard, then the host left (level 20 btw) and we had to start over again but without the lives the new players lost(not their fault, they are new).