Author Topic: What is the point of say Mikah vs Alicia?  (Read 4028 times)

puffy99

• View Profile
What is the point of say Mikah vs Alicia?
on: April 21, 2018, 04:48:05 PM
Alicia seems much more flexible with her jump then the holo which seems very situational. What are your thoughts? Mikah is expensive to unlock.

boni_fan_gith

• View Profile
Re: What is the point of say Mikah vs Alicia?
Reply #1 on: April 21, 2018, 05:41:45 PM
Abilities that provide added mobility are the best in my opinion. Characters like Alicia, Ginebra, Hans and to an extent, Harec all have this sort of extra dimension to them because of their added movement options. This makes them more versatile, stronger and most importantly... more FUN.

I'm not too sure about Doldren however... His has too many drawbacks.

Mikah's Decoy does give her some pretty interesting mobility as well, but it's not as flexible as the other ones I just mentioned.

I'm sort of exploring Mikah myself at the moment so it's very possible there are things I haven't discovered yet.

If I had to name the better character I would say Alicia. But I think Mikah has a lot going for her, too.

Edit: I suppose the POINT is that Alicia and Mikah are different enough from each other that they provide different playstyles. Just becausee Alicia MIGHT be the better character in general doesn't mean that Mikah is bad or any less fun. A lot of people probably prefer Mikah!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 07:35:49 PM by boni_fan_gith »

Stranno

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 22, 2018, 01:29:43 PM
Characters weapons are different, so take it in account too. Mikah's assault rifles effectively hit targets in mid range. With decoy she controls different areas of the map killing pesky engineers on Hades-3 or filling objective with Aleph on Wardog-1 teleporting from one end of the map to another for example. With decoy you can trick antagonist or give yourself or your wounded comrades time to hide from grunts. There are some interesting character cards for decoy. Mikah definitely fun to use.

Black_Adder_

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 23, 2018, 10:44:19 AM
Mikah is much more useful character - better cards and more versatile weapons. Alicia sucks and the higher the MMR the more useless she becomes.

Karrendaen

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: April 23, 2018, 10:58:34 AM
Mikah decoy is a very funny thing to use. If you learn how to use it you can do pretty amazing things. Even more since Mikah can hide her Aleph marker with some cards : you run attracting the Antagonist fire, transfer to your decoy and grab the Antagonist from behind.

It also helps a lot when jumping into the fray and transfer out of it with your decoy. Mikah is a bruiser like Alicia, but Mikah tends more toward the assassin while Alicia tends more toward the tank.