Author Topic: Still Too Many Antags...  (Read 19661 times)

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Still Too Many Antags...
on: August 03, 2018, 06:33:37 AM
Me and my friend who is in his low double digits played tonight. And every single game there was an antag. At first I just grin and bared it. We won one we lost one. Then they kept coming. We played several games, many with Lovette and TommyRawhead, who are both great players, and some other randoms. Kept losing, over and over. I told myself, "I'm supposed to like this I guess. I should just hold on, maybe there will be a game we can play in peace." Nope, one after another, the night got worst and worse. My friend finally didn't want to play anymore. I wasn't having any more fun after the 4rth invasion against my will. And each game it got worse and worse.

Can we have a fucking cool down on this shit please? This isn't any fun. I played by your goddamn rules and didn't bitch about it and it was NOT fun. I hope when Augest comes around they give players a choice because this is killing the game for me. This is no fun. Games are supposed to be fun. Getting invaded over and over is NO fucking fun.

PLEASE give your players options. Options always enrich the game and make it more varied. I don't like getting nothing for 2 hours of game play.

As for others commenting, this message isn't for your eyes, it's for the devs, hence "feedback". If you are opposed to my viewpoint I'm not interested in anything you have to say, you are, by definition, the enemy and there can be no consolation or conversation between us. You're just making a contrary statement in vain.

EDIT: I just want to offset my cynicism a bit. That Doldren skin is frakin' AWESOME. The new gun has some amazing mind game potential. Looking forward to getting my face stomped on by Doldren and stomping on other's faces with him. Hihasuke shows it off here with BrentWoody:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZAAGfzGRrQ
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 05:45:51 PM by Level9Drow »

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Re: Still Too Many Antags...
Reply #1 on: August 03, 2018, 07:59:56 AM
*insert generic contrarian statement here*

Prism

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 03, 2018, 08:30:59 AM
I just started playing about a week ago and so far I'm loving the game! I tend to play at strange hours so the matchmaking is extremely hit and miss for me. That said I will have days where its Antagonist constantly and then days where I get none at all.

I know that the Antagonist system with no option to play coop without it is keeping all of my friends away :( Other games with 4v1 mechanics put a bad taste in their mouths. So, I'm toughing it out alone trying to learn and taking my beatings when they happen lol

The worst for me is when people disconnect and not only are you at a disadvantage numbers wise, the AI isn't scaled down in difficulty to compensate..you just get wrecked. Even IF you tough it out and do your best you're likely to get little to no reward for doing so.

I want to try Antagonist some day but atm I don't wanna contribute to all the imbalance going on x.x

I too hope come August these systems can be ironed out. I'm enjoying this game so far despite my frustrations :)

Shadow

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 03, 2018, 09:31:18 AM
Always respect peaceful antagonist :)

tooeasy

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: August 03, 2018, 11:11:56 AM
It seems only draco and woody like that shitting fking antagonist mode 😂. Useless, cause for players like them, newbies who can't finish a mission are simple noobs (and noobs will continue to be after many hours of playing if they can't finish a mission...) who can't talk (they lack in experience so they can't talk!), and since they like to play, practically, in antag (cause they did everything is possible do by raiders side), they can't go vs this mode. Starting from the idea in which "1 satisfaction 4 frustration" could only end up in a general discontent and players like draco and woody, who are among the few who do not follow the current, have to do with it, it's clear how this project is flawed at the base, where, exactly ALL the games with a similar to the 4v1 system have failed; so, if someone disagrees, he's wrong. It's simple; besides the fact that there is the frustration component, this is also more widespread than satisfaction (1 wins, 4 lose).
there would never have been talk of nerf on alicia if there had not existed that filthy antag mode... in august, this won't change, so i don't expect a significant improvement of the pleasure this game can give (and if the antag mode is going to be optional, this mode will die in a very short time). In any case it will be a game made by a few and, therefore, destined for a few.

*don't insert generic contrarian statement here*
*insert a generic approval statement here*

**no user has been mistreated, any reference to offenses or threats is purely subjective.**

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: August 03, 2018, 05:34:52 PM
C'mon, tooeasy, no one is asking for PvP to be removed. And no one is blaming antagonists players. I think more options would be the healthy thing. I've gotten to the point where I'm willing to take my lumps as long as I can have my cake, meaning I will stand a few antag invasions for the health of the game as long as I can get some games without them. What I was saying is that I think it shouldn't be possible to get a bunch in a row, they should give you a break at some point.

L E T H A L ☆ C E N T A U R I

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: August 03, 2018, 06:56:52 PM
Always respect peaceful antagonist :)

Yes lol If I see them I won't hit them unless I need some aleph (that is if they even spawn)

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: August 03, 2018, 07:26:00 PM
Make lighthearted joke post.

Still get randomly insulted with a strawman argument.

C'mon, tooeasy, no one is asking for PvP to be removed. And no one is blaming antagonists players. I think more options would be the healthy thing. I've gotten to the point where I'm willing to take my lumps as long as I can have my cake, meaning I will stand a few antag invasions for the health of the game as long as I can get some games without them. What I was saying is that I think it shouldn't be possible to get a bunch in a row, they should give you a break at some point.

Seems pretty fair. Even Dark Souls, my go-to comparison of antagonistic invaders, had some kind of cool down period. And they had an item that you could use to erase that timer if you wanted to get invaded quicker rather than waiting.

Just... the queues really suck for antags, still, so I hope whatever happens, fixes that but also agree that you shouldn't have to deal with one every single game.

tooeasy

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: August 03, 2018, 07:26:34 PM
Yeah level, you want the option to play with/without antag. I could say, it's your main request during this update. But why are you continuing to purpose the same change, if you know this change won't come (any change won't come) first the spacelords reborn? You have only to wait, you sent the message, and it's arrived (devs read what we write). About the PVP part; i told about the 4v1 part not PVP in general, warframe also had to add a PVP component, even if devs was clear to don't want to add it. If there will be an "Arena" mode, it surely will be enjoyed by a lot of players, but the Antagonist mode isn't enjoyed by most of the players, you can see that when antagonist do nothing or don't spawn (one time, in the second mission of hades campaign, the antag helped us transporting the key...) or when the bonus exp bar is always nearer the R than the A (always during my hours of playing except when shy came out). So don't tell "no one" cause many don't like this mechanic. I purposed in a post a change that can avoid the frustration; make disturbing the raiders the only one objective antagonist has to have, so the antagonist has rewarded for time, raiders deaths, enemy mmr, for a score which goes from 0 to 8, and when raiders fail the mission the score given is between 8 and 10, considering % of mission advancement and enemy mmr. So, it continues to be natural for raiders win the game (with higher difficulty offered by the antag) and make the antag victory rare and hard (cause the antag role is to disturb, not to win). In this way the frustration is minimal in both sides, but the mechanics of the antag have to change in this vision... So what happens? Veterans don't want this change cause they want the game more competitive, newbies feel the frustration (in both side) and so run away, so nothing change. I think only that until there will be 4 losers (1 team, we aren't talking about ffa) and 1 winner, there will be always something unacceptable; yesterday was r'n'r bug, today is alicia mobility and how r'n'r works, tomorrow what will the problem be? How aneska dies in 1 minute with schneider? I don't know, but i know there will be something cause there's too much frustration in the air, and this frustration isn't so different by the frustration felt when r'n'r was bugged. So it's not r'n'r, it's not alicia, it's something in the game which makes many players feel defeated and only a few winners. 4v1 can exist, but not in this way.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 07:37:04 PM by tooeasy »

tooeasy

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: August 03, 2018, 07:30:23 PM
Draco you are going to break something with this story, you aren't the only one allowed to use sarcasm, i wrote it clearly, no insults, no offences, if you feel these it's your problem. Don't like sarcasm? don't use it, stop.

Hannibal Kinge

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: August 03, 2018, 08:13:49 PM
I have a perfect solution. They should just make a 3 game minimum before you can be invaded again, you get placed with other people with the same cooldown as you, unless your in a pre made group then, your antagonist cooldown is the group leader's. To combat exploitation, if you try to rotate the group leader role to never get an antagonist then it'll just take into account your current antagonist cooldown you've passively generated while in a group. This will allow more serious player to prepare for an antagonist (no more oh alicia hate), while casuals probably wont keep track but still will get an antagonist here and there.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: August 03, 2018, 08:23:48 PM
I have a perfect solution. They should just make a 3 game minimum before you can be invaded again, you get placed with other people with the same cooldown as you, unless your in a pre made group then, your antagonist cooldown is the group leader's. To combat exploitation, if you try to rotate the group leader role to never get an antagonist then it'll just take into account your current antagonist cooldown you've passively generated while in a group. This will allow more serious player to prepare for an antagonist (no more oh alicia hate), while casuals probably wont keep track but still will get an antagonist here and there.

I don't know if it's just me, but when I lose to a team (as raider or antag) I kinda like getting rematches with them the next game. I do think there needs to be a way to ensure that you don't get 5 antag games in a row, but also let us turn such a feature off if desired, with a requirement of 3/4ths of the team needing to opt for it (same requirement for surrender).

Hannibal Kinge

• View Profile
Reply #12 on: August 03, 2018, 08:36:27 PM
Totally agree

Hannibal Kinge

• View Profile
Reply #13 on: August 03, 2018, 08:39:32 PM
I just don't want antagonist to be totally fazed out, I feel like people just don't understand that antagonists are one of the only reasons why this game isn't totally repetitive. Like killing floor 2 ( great game).

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #14 on: August 03, 2018, 08:45:45 PM
Yea, the "opt in" function we've brought up before. It seems to be the best. Also, I was thinking about this. Let's say I felt randy and wanted to opt in one day and spice up the game with antag invasions. And after 4 or 5 games of getting my ass kicked I said, "Aw, that was a bad Idea. I don't want to do that anymore" I wouldn't fell bad because I could opt back out. Even if I lost a lot I wouldn't feel bad because I know I could change this at any time. Just HAVING the option not to PvP makes it so you feel less bad about PvP. In a strange way I think this would allow PvEers PvP more, because they know they aren't stuck at any point and so can afford to risk playing PvP more.