Author Topic: Matchmaking is broken! Game is broken!  (Read 3698 times)

rhammer

• View Profile
Matchmaking is broken! Game is broken!
on: June 08, 2018, 07:05:41 AM
Let me start that I decided to give the game a try after my friend told me about it. And I did ... so I'm a very new player - started just yesterday.

Game seems fun BUT here is why I think I won't be playing it much - matchmaking is broken as hell! I'm lvl 5 ... game picks me as Antagonist and matched me against lvl 62, 52, 44 and 31... seems very balanced? I was doing nothing but being killed every 5 sec, it wasn't fun so I decided to leave this broken match - game punished me for leaving.

First they matched me unfairly with they own matchmaking system, and then disconnected u from servers because I didn't want to waste 20-30 mins of my line NOT enjoying a second? Nah. I'm out. No wander this game got 55/100 on metascore and 3.5 out of 5 on microsoft store. I would give it  2 until they fix they broken stuff and balance it out.

Shadow

• View Profile
Re: Matchmaking is broken! Game is broken!
Reply #1 on: June 08, 2018, 05:11:11 PM
Try Raiders don't play  Antagonist .

Karrendaen

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 08, 2018, 05:41:03 PM
Yes, Antagonist is for later in game, not for lvl 5

XjabberwockieX

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 09, 2018, 10:58:03 AM
To be fair the actual significant difference between a lv.5 and level 50 is experience. A level 5 can kill a level 100 as easily as the other way around with the same weapons. Antagonist mode is better for experienced players who understand alot of the tactics used with certain characters to counter them. I have seen sub 50's antagonists run all over teams of level 100-150 that were not coordinating well against the antagonist as well.
  With that being said I hear your frustration over the matchmaking and others have pointed out alot of issues to Mercurysteam to improve these issues and atleast so far alot of these things haven't been improved so take that how you will.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 10, 2018, 12:32:28 AM
yeah level difference is more of a placebo effect as far as "higher levels are stronger" since stats only do so much. Doesn't matter if they do "30% more damage" if it still takes the same number of hits/shots to kill you. Grapples and CQC will always kill players as well. Low MMR antags can also cause the AI to spike in power and cause the map to overrun the raiders, causing a win without any help from the antag.

Even months ago when I started before the current progression system, new antags vs. experienced raiders always was and always will happen. I got spawn camped within my first 5 games and it taught me what to do or what not to do.

4nalManiac

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: June 10, 2018, 12:54:26 AM
+1 I have won against even 200+ and I was barely 50. I know that Mercury tries hard but maybe the levels werent the best option. Maybe if no one could see your level? Also some Hero Killer weapons like the one for Harec that 4x damage if fully loaded kinda suck. I put all my points on hero killer thinking that it would headshot anyone but is mostly the same :(