Author Topic: Weapons require antagonist ranks to craft  (Read 5329 times)

Victorray

• View Profile
Weapons require antagonist ranks to craft
on: September 16, 2017, 08:51:45 PM
Why in the world is this a feature? This is honestly a really horrible idea... Even evolve didn't try to make you play as the monster in order to progress with the trappers. I'm not really sure what the logic here is either. Some people aren't even interested in PvP, let alone playing as the very stressful antagonist. Forcing people to play one of the most frustrating roles (very rewarding and fun for those who enjoy it like myself) just to progress is just not a good idea. Not everyone wants to play as the antagonist... And locking some of the better weapons behind fairly high ranks seems kind of absurd. On top of all that, you have to wait half a century just to play as an antagonist... When you could just be playing as the raiders.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 10:04:11 PM by Victorray »

Ebisu_rkz

• View Profile
Re: Weapons require antagonist ranks to craft
Reply #1 on: September 17, 2017, 12:02:46 AM
I agree with that. I can understand that they want you to play as antagonist, but not everyone like this playstyle. I have talked with lot of ppl that come from coop games, most of them like the antagonist feature, but they like to play as raider. They don't like playing as antagonist.

I would suggest to add an option to get the weapon/whatever with raider rank too, even if it is a much higher rank. Star wars style, dark force is faster to get things, but you can get it playing the light side in the long run.

Antagonist can be a really frustrating mode for ppl that don't like pvp. If they can't win a match in 3 or 4 trys I think some ppl could leave the game for good if they can't progress in any way.

JeedyJay

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 17, 2017, 05:22:36 AM
I could see that value in making certain weapons, particular Dark Side-styled weapons, require Antagonist ranks, but I think those should be the exception and not the rule.

Eliakin

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 23, 2017, 06:42:28 PM
this has to be taken seriously, since compelling to play as an antagonist makes the match very bad, as it is now.

NYER

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 23, 2017, 06:54:19 PM
ye, i dont want t play the bad guy but i want to craft weapons...

Fallos

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 23, 2017, 08:06:43 PM
Agree, This thing + matchmaking time = disappointment

Exroath

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: September 26, 2017, 09:47:19 AM
Going to be honest .. Have you guys actually won yet?
It took me 3 wins to have a high enough rank to build all the current blueprints if I wanted to (gold is an issue atm)

Maybe play the game before complaining?

Argentil

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: September 26, 2017, 03:54:24 PM
It took me 3 wins to have a high enough rank to build all the current blueprints if I wanted to (gold is an issue atm)

Now, now, be nice. It's a perfectly valid complaint to not want to play this very difficult to access mode for entry level weapon upgrades. That said, I do think that, instead of removing the requirement, they should offer additional means of getting them. I've often spent over an hour at a time queuing for antag mode, and there's very little guarantee of winning a match. I would say most antagonists seem to lose. The incentive for playing is very low.

They need to add an additional avenue for obtaining stigmas in lesser amounts.

Ibot

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: September 26, 2017, 08:21:05 PM
I'm totally agree with this... It's real, absurd! With 4 weapons in one level, there is a 10% chance to get the weapon u want and if all 4 players want the weapon, than u only have the chance of 25% to get the blueprint. Why the hell do I need the antagonist points... For the legendary weapon from Shea u need 25k gold... And 10 antagonist points! It's ridiculous. There are peopel who not want to play this mode...

Moela

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: September 26, 2017, 11:26:25 PM
Antag matchmaking takes way too much time plus it's frustrating because when you do find a match some maps are kinda unfair....
Like in the 4th map when ur beating the boss you don't have space to flank and implement a strategy because theres 4 guys constantly waiting for your respawn

Victorray

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: September 26, 2017, 11:31:20 PM

Before making patronizing comments like that you should think about it first. My ps4 username is sessso and I just got ranked among the top 4 in the antag league, so yes I've been winning. I haven't lost a single match as the antag. But I know some people won't enjoy this, and the fact is that the ranks settle in weekly. That's a whole week of not crafting, and maybe more if you're not great or don't like the mode. Having beaten you in terms of wins, I'm pretty sure I can talk about this system objectively. I love the game I do, but I'll also always be giving feedback, as this is the feedback area...

« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 11:37:36 PM by Victorray »