Author Topic: Privat CO - OP  (Read 15024 times)

Fallos

• View Profile
Privat CO - OP
on: December 01, 2017, 10:36:41 AM
IDK how to tell you another way that you are killing your game.

You have awesome art, you have awesome scenario and cinematics but only one idiot ruined all this. This idion thinks that people want play antagonist ant they want pay $20 for one skin and he thinks that people who like online multyplayer doesnt need co-op, or he thinks that matchmaking + four random people it about co-op???
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 04:18:05 PM by MSE_Hellath »

BOILER 4K

• Dance music
    • View Profile
Re: Privat CO - OP
Reply #1 on: December 01, 2017, 11:52:47 AM
Are you "el stupido" or somthing?
IDK how to tell you another way that you are killing your game.

You have awesome art, you have awesome scenario and cinematics but only one idiot ruined all this. This idion thinks that people want play antagonist ant they want pay $20 for one skin and he thinks that people who like online multyplayer doesnt need co-op, or he thinks that matchmaking + four random people it about co-op???

F...k you imbecile whoever you are.
i agree bro

Argentil

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: December 01, 2017, 11:58:14 AM
You guys have to realise that this game lives and dies by it's online community. MercurySteam require a robust online community, or the game dies a quick death. By giving you everything you want in offline mode, they would be castrating the longevity of the game. I think patching in some offline co-op at a later date would be a good idea though.

Edit: The skin thing though is a travesty, no arguments there.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 12:56:41 PM by Argentil »

PersonMcHuman

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: December 01, 2017, 02:21:24 PM
Know what else will cause this game a quick death, Argentil? Always being forced to wait 20 - 30 minutes just to play a single match, only to die instantly because the randoms I finally joined have no idea what they're doing (I'm absolutely certain I've spent twice as much time waiting for matches as I have actually playing the game). Randoms I've seen dozens of times because the community is so small. Both me and two of my friends play this game, but even then it takes a while to find a fourth, while being able to start with just us three would have been better.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 02:23:33 PM by PersonMcHuman »

Argentil

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: December 01, 2017, 03:24:15 PM
I sympathise, really I do. Which region are you in? And which platform? I can only think you're in a low pop area, or you're playing off-peak. Though I often find games at off-peak hours within 10 minutes. Queuing as a group of 3 does make your queue times longer though. You should really try recruit a 4th, there's so much incentive to do so. If you really are in a low pop region, surely there must be someone on the forum in a similar situation who would like to join you. I know it's a drag.

I play EU PS4, if you want a filler. I have a feeling you're US though?

The only other solution would be to play the game on a different platform or get the EU version of the client and put up with more latency. I do find though, that sometimes MM seems to "break" and you can end up queuing for a really long time for no reason. Restarting the queue helps sometimes.

Soul Devour

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: December 01, 2017, 04:00:17 PM
I agree with this, 100% as I have put up a couple posts before about it myself.
The developers shouldn't have the mindset that this game should live or die just because of the large community they want it to have. This gave has potential and I'm loving it so far. Characters, missions, rewards is a eh, but mostly it's a good game.
It's a shame that it's one HUGE downfall is it's match making time because they won't add in a Private Match/Co-op feature because they are so heavily set on making it a 4/4v1 game.
Games are meant for the players to enjoy so that the developers get paid. They should listen to the feedback and actually try to do something about this since this is one of the BIGGEST downfall this game has. How long it takes to even join a game. Me and my best friend were all day trying to find a group for the new DLC Wardog Fury and NO matches at all. I wanted to play by his side and help him but since there's no match making option, we had no choice but to quit because he doesn't like to play solo, and is not very good at the game to do so.

Please Developers if you read this, make some type of way to have a private match session, so those of us who aren't as fortunate to find a random group of players to be able to play the game still with 1 or 2 of our other friends. It would greatly save the game and make it more recommendable, because having such waiting time kills patience and not make the game very playable or re-playable.

PersonMcHuman

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: December 01, 2017, 04:19:58 PM
Argentil, even ten minutes is far too long to wait for a mission that will, at best, take fifteen to twenty minutes to beat. I'm a US PS4 player, but peak times clearly aren't the issue, as I learned yesterday. I tried off and on all day, as I was off of work, and only once did I manage to queue up for a mission in under fifteen minutes. That's abysmal, and could be remedied with a private mode.

You say I should play on another platform? That's ridiculous. I already regret buying the season pass (which is a first for me), and you want me to buy the game again? No thank you. And I shouldn't have to go trawling through forums, desperately seeking more people to play with. There's no incentive to recruit more people, but what there is incentive do to is just not waste my time on the game at all.

Basically, it's as Soul Devour said. The developers want it to be 4V1 at all times...even to the detriment of the player-base. Making a private mode, maybe upping the rewards a bit, not slooooowly releasing characters in an attempt to keep people interested (we all saw the new characters in the trailer, let's not pretend that they couldn't have released them at the same time as the new campaign), and not making skins that cost literally the price of a full game would be a far better method of keeping things going than you trying to convince me to buy the game (which I already slightly regret buying) a second time.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 04:22:18 PM by PersonMcHuman »

BOILER 4K

• Dance music
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: December 01, 2017, 04:30:53 PM
I sympathise, really I do. Which region are you in? And which platform? I can only think you're in a low pop area, or you're playing off-peak. Though I often find games at off-peak hours within 10 minutes. Queuing as a group of 3 does make your queue times longer though. You should really try recruit a 4th, there's so much incentive to do so. If you really are in a low pop region, surely there must be someone on the forum in a similar situation who would like to join you. I know it's a drag.

I play EU PS4, if you want a filler. I have a feeling you're US though?

The only other solution would be to play the game on a different platform or get the EU version of the client and put up with more latency. I do find though, that sometimes MM seems to "break" and you can end up queuing for a really long time for no reason. Restarting the queue helps sometimes.
Argentil im italian and i play on xbox one,the only people i found lives in the US,now you want play in the midnight?
thats why i want the offline/solo mode rewards because i cant farm NOTHING!!!

Argentil

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: December 01, 2017, 04:35:24 PM
No, I wasn't suggesting you start over again in a new region, unless you hadn't invested too much into the game. It wasn't my real solution to the problem, but a consolation prize, so to speak.

Sadly, this is a multiplayer focused game from a small studio, their profitability relies on a large number of online players. You wouldn't expect Overwatch or CoD to go single-player for similar reasons. They need people online to flesh out the community and keep queue times reasonable, so they can't make everything available offline - but it's beyond that point for you.

Again, I agree that the drip-feed of characters and the pricing of skins is worthy of derision and should be brought up again and again. Keep making noise over these issues, they will make some concessions where they're willing. Offline content is likely not one of those areas. Likewise, keep making noise about the queue times in your region, but please state your platform and region. Hopefully they'll find a solution, even if it comes to merging regions and playing with higher ping. Ultimately, I think the W10-Xbox One playerbase will keep shrinking, so they need to do something now. Whether it's promoting the game in those territories, doing giveaways, I don't know. I think they're more likely to give up on it though, unless an alternative solution is discovered. Another option may be to scale to a certain number of players. So having 2-4 players and adjusting the difficulty around this.

Either way, I'm on your side, I'm just trying to be pragmatic.

Argentil

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: December 01, 2017, 04:39:37 PM
Argentil im italian and i play on xbox one,the only people i found lives in the US,now you want play in the midnight?

I see why you'd be frustrated, for sure. Realistically, what would you have them do? If you can think of a solution, you should really try pitch it to them. Also, do you have a US account? I'm not sure why you're getting matched with US players. The PS4 version has a US and EU version with split playerbases. Is the Xbox One version not like that?

BOILER 4K

• Dance music
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: December 01, 2017, 04:50:03 PM

I see why you'd be frustrated, for sure. Realistically, what would you have them do? If you can think of a solution, you should really try pitch it to them. Also, do you have a US account? I'm not sure why you're getting matched with US players. The PS4 version has a US and EU version with split playerbases. Is the Xbox One version not like that?
no i dont have US account but i play with some people lives in new york,now you know why im frustated...and sad...

PersonMcHuman

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: December 01, 2017, 08:48:28 PM
I shouldn't need a 'consolation prize' for a game I paid for. Especially not a prize that involves me being forced to buy it a second time, for a chance at getting to play it.

Actually yes, I would 100% expect this from COD or Overwatch...if they were made by an indie developer and their multiplayer campaigns had an actual story and PVE that already had a solo mode installed, but they don't. So don't compare this game to other games that aren't even remotely similar in structure. Oh! Now that I think about it, COD has zombie mode, which is a PVE mode that does, in fact, have a private mode.

I am making noise about it, that's literally what I've been doing. And when I do that, I'm told to buy the game again, but on a different system/region, or I'm not playing it at the right time or search the forums for other people that want to play or...

Scaling is literally what's being asked for when asking for a private mode. Only two people? Scale the mission for two. Three people? Scale for three. Etc, etc. Just let people play the game without waiting a half hour for a fifteen minute mission.  To put it simply, there aren't enough players to facilitate timely matches, and why would anyone bother inviting anyone to a game under those conditions? So them and their buddies can spend twenty minutes hoping more people come along while not playing anything?

If someone said to me, "Hey you wanna play this game? The characters are interesting and the gameplay is fun, but pretty often you have to spend 20-30 minutes waiting in the queue for a match. Oh, and sometimes, people you join will kill themselves immediately to make you lose for quick rewards, or go AFK and there's no way to kick them, and also new skins cost as much as a whole new game, and also if you want new weapons, you need to play the super unbalanced Antagonist mode. On occasion, you won't get any rewards either, or you'll get almost nothing because it's split between the group.", I'd laugh at them. 
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 09:03:11 PM by PersonMcHuman »

Argentil

• View Profile
Reply #12 on: December 01, 2017, 10:30:05 PM
Clearly you're not interested in people trying to help you out by offering suggestions or highlighting your issue. You've ignored my suggestions, or twisted them to suit your irate narrative. I didn't tell you to buy the game again, and I don't work for MercurySteam, but hell - if I did, you're making it hard to help you. I'm done with this thread, good luck buddy.

@BOILER 4K: I hope they figure something out for you and others in your situation though. I only really contributed to this thread to keep a dialogue going to get some eyes on it and try to work toward solutions.

Power Penguin

• View Profile
Reply #13 on: December 01, 2017, 11:15:25 PM
Maybe be able to have private matches but with reduced rewards(10-20% resource reduction) ? And if you open it up for antagonists it will just be like a normal match. I don't know man I also want the ability to start a match quickly with my buddies.

PersonMcHuman

• View Profile
Reply #14 on: December 02, 2017, 12:01:54 AM
Sounds more to me like you're upset that your "advice" didn't work, and that your words didn't somehow make me ignore the game's glaring issues. I didn't ignore your suggestions, I pointed out how those suggestions either were wrong, wouldn't work, or shouldn't need to be done in the first place, but it seems that you've decided that ignoring people who don't agree with you is the proper response. Step down from that high-horse of yours, and you might see things a bit differently. Quite a few people would like a chance to play the game privately. As Boiler suggested, I'd totally take a reward reduction, since I'm pretty sure that I'd make more gold that way. In the time I could spend waiting for a mission, I could beat the same mission once or twice.

Also, there's no need to try and pretend you didn't use 'buy another copy' as advice, because that was one of your first suggestions. Your suggestions were to: Recruit more people,  trawl the forums for other members, or "The only other solution would be to play the game on a different platform or get the EU version of the client and put up with more latency.", exactly as you said it. Which literally means buy another copy, but on a different system.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 12:11:17 AM by PersonMcHuman »